Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jack Presents: 25 Years of Monsters and Mayhem

But then again though a good chunk of this house is recent hits 21-23. No matter what the years were though you can't deny the scenes weren't jarring setting wise, if this was someone's first HHN house ever (probably the case of many because it's right at the front) it would be a very confusing first house at that lol

There was only 3 houses represented from those years.

I think you're trying to justify your dislike for this house... :lol:

You're more than welcome to not like it, but it seems to be quite the hit with a lot of people.

There was only 3 houses represented from those years.

I think you're trying to justify your dislike for this house... :lol:

You're more than welcome to not like it, but it seems to be quite the hit with a lot of people.
Oh no don't get me wrong I loved this house, it was a ton of fun for me because of the amount of scares and pretty much every single reference given. I just personally think it has a glaring problem that few are really taking into account that's all

I think for the casual guest who isn't familiar with the history of HHN, it just comes off as any other stand alone haunt. My local haunt has a lot of the thematic transitions that don't always make sense but they deliver a variety of scenes for the vastly different fears of the guests. If anything I'd argue that houses with one theme risk becoming repetitive. Of course at HHN you're looking at more condensed stories and attractions, but if it's a long house then I'd be more happy with different scenes and totally different monsters, than with zombie after zombie.
At least the title should explain what is going on. Perhaps I'll understand better when i go with my friends later this season and see if they are bothered by it.

The first third is a "greatest hits" house. No matter how great "Another Brick in the Wall Part II" is, it loses something outside the context of "The Wall" when it's bookended by songs from other albums. That said, they picked some amazing scenes to replicate, and for every first-timer who's lost, there's bound to be two previous visitors who now feel in the know and more connected to the event because they recognize a couple scenes.

The second third, with the classic monsters (even though yes, pulled from previous houses) works better I think. "Classic Monsters" is a loose theme unto itself, and I think scenes from 1930s movies work better out of context than scenes from high-concept haunted houses.

The final third is People Under the Stairs 2015. But I might be kinder once the Jacks actually look like Jack.

I think at the end of the day it's a scary house with a variety of scenes, with a lot of scary people in it.

I may not have seen any of the original Screamhouses (2002, 3, and 6), but I certainly get that it's a mortuary.

Those final Jacks really need their masks/wigs. Ridiculous they don't have them yet.

I went trough this one last night. There were some young kids behind me, they obviously had no knowledge of any past houses. They screamed the whole way through and seemed to really enjoy it. At the end I overheard them say that it was the scariest one they had been through.

I think this really serves two different groups really well. It gives the fans something and the general public really doesn't know what to expect around each corner and they don't really care about story.

Also the Jacks seemed much better, had wigs and masks.

I've only been last year and this year and this was my overall favorite of both years (although I only got through 5 this year). I might not be completely representative because I mainly like to see the spooky sets and locations not so much be scared or follow a story.

Has anyone seen the bear lately? My last several run throughs it hasn't been there. Of course I went through last night and only about half the cast was there, so I may be just hitting this one at the wrong times.

Has anyone seen the bear lately? My last several run throughs it hasn't been there. Of course I went through last night and only about half the cast was there, so I may be just hitting this one at the wrong times.

He's been there. Sounds like you just had bad luck and hit a cast change or missed the scare.

He's been there. Sounds like you just had bad luck and hit a cast change or missed the scare.
Yeah I figured I hit a cast change last night. Last few times didn't seem like a cast change and I even looked back in his hole and nothing was there at all, where in the past I would see him even if I missed the scare. Good to know he's still there, thanks! Hopefully I have better luck tonight.

While that's certainly not my "ideal" lineup of scenes, I'm still quite excited. I really wish The Thing had made it in there, but oh well. The inclusion of Scary Tales alone makes me a happy camper. As others have said, its success depends entirely on the pacing and layout. I have high hopes!

Hey, it's Mitsuru! ;)

Minor thing, but suit of armor at start of Gothic room was down to boots Thursday night. Friday night, completely gone ...

replaced with a Jack boo hole

Went through this last night for the first time. Can anyone give me a run-down of what mazes the scenes are from? (In order would be awesome, but I don't know if that's possible.) I recognized Nightingales, The Forsaken, Bloodengutz (the Christmas scene), the classic monsters (which I'm assuming were mostly from the 2009 houses, or ones from the early days), and Havoc (from the top of my head). The two or three hot vampire women on the bed I want to say were Dracula's brides from 2009's Dracula house, but my memory is getting all fuzzy. The "forced height perspective" was from Gothic? What maze was the bear from?

I first went in 2009 for HHN 19. I've been to 19-21, 23, and 25, skipping 22 and 24. I'm just trying to fill in the blanks so I know what I'm experiencing when I go tonight and Sunday.

I also seemed to catch shift-changes for nearly EVERY house last night. Every single maze had large groups of costumed people in makeup going in as I was going in. It got a little frustrating after a while.

Last edited:
Went through this last night for the first time. Can anyone give me a run-down of what mazes the scenes are from? (In order would be awesome, but I don't know if that's possible.) I recognized Nightingales, The Forsaken, Bloodengutz (the Christmas scene), the classic monsters (which I'm assuming were mostly from the 2009 houses, or ones from the early days), and Havoc (from the top of my head). The two or three hot vampire women on the bed I want to say were Dracula's brides from 2009's Dracula house, but my memory is getting all fuzzy. The "forced height perspective" was from Gothic? What maze was the bear from?

I first went in 2009 for HHN 19. I've been to 19-21, 23, and 25, skipping 22 and 24. I'm just trying to fill in the blanks so I know what I'm experiencing when I go tonight and Sunday.

I also seemed to catch shift-changes for nearly EVERY house last night. Every single maze had large groups of costumed people in makeup going in as I was going in. It got a little frustrating after a while.

The Hallow/Scary Tales
The Forsaken
Screamhouse
Legendary Truth: The Wyandot Estate
Classic Monsters
Castle Vampyr
Gothic
Nightingales
Havoc
Leave it to Cleaver-Bloodengutz mash up

The Hallow/Scary Tales
The Forsaken
Screamhouse
Legendary Truth: The Wyandot Estate
Classic Monsters
Castle Vampyr
Gothic
Nightingales
Havoc
Leave it to Cleaver-Bloodengutz mash up
Classic Monsters was actually 2 houses I think, Frankenstein and then Silver Scream