Jimmy Fallon's Tonightmares | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Jimmy Fallon's Tonightmares

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So that’s how a pulsed HHN house would look like. This feels something out of the Conan era, I love it. Bummer I’m not able to experience this, but seems like a 10/10 PG horror experience

Conan's Tonightmares would be filled with NBC executives, a very special HHN bear, and being chased down by Jay Leno.

...I'd pay to go through that to be honest.
Excited Halloween GIF

With the “IP well drying up” it’s time to get creative. Concepts like this is the answer, I’ll root for it until it seems improbable.

that sounds so depressing.....the IP well drying up.... sad.( and blumhouse making things kind of worse) and Netflix. it cooperating.... sad times.
but maybe this truly is the way. maybe this is the best way.
maybe we can even have sitcom houses the same way sitcoms used to have Halloween episodes. I don't know whats the latest sitcom from universal around, but you could always just have a Halloween version of the most popular show. I don't see why not.

like if we had a Halloween haunt version of Big bang theory or how I met your mother or something, obviously horror, Halloween scary, but the IP being the show. ( just look at Ghostbusters with the human characters in the house)

• Haha
Reactions: MrBlonde
Excited Halloween GIF

that sounds so depressing.....the IP well drying up.... sad.( and blumhouse making things kind of worse) and Netflix. it cooperating.... sad times.
but maybe this truly is the way. maybe this is the best way.
maybe we can even have sitcom houses the same way sitcoms used to have Halloween episodes. I don't know whats the latest sitcom from universal around, but you could always just have a Halloween version of the most popular show. I don't see why not.

like if we had a Halloween haunt version of Big bang theory or how I met your mother or something, obviously horror, Halloween scary, but the IP being the show. ( just look at Ghostbusters with the human characters in the house)
Tbh the well is full.
I was worried about them reusing ip’s but Insidious gives me hope that reimagining old haunts like that from past years and using the IP again can still be effective.

Reactions: saint.piss
So to bump this event up, I actually went through it this Wednesday after work. This is a HHN-quality production through and through, and I think this could be the "franchise model" version of HHN mazes vs. the event at the park. That being said, they don't lean on HHN as a brand or touchpoint at all in its marketing, most likely due to the limited time and I feel like this is more a test with an available space than anything else.

I had bought tickets for 6:15 PM and they suggest getting there 10 minutes early. However, the house was running and there was no crowd, so I got to go in nearly immediately after a quick metal detector. They pulse groups, but it was just 1 other person along with my wife and me.

Pulsing seems like it could be great and I loved it! With the lack of crowd and the pulsing baked into the design of the house, all of the actors in each room get to focus on you, ensuring a more thorough scare.

Production quality was definitely HHN grade, along with the style of maze and where the scares are designed to come from. I feel like I've seen some of the sets before from HHNs past, but no complaints here. The house I'd say was a similar to a Slaughter Sinema, where you have a set up voiceover of concept in a transition room then the story, rinse and repeat. Definitely not on the gory side, so I can see this being more accessible to a less intesive crowd.

Jimmy Fallon as an IP makes perfect sense given its location at Rock Center, and he's the IP to get people to sign up. If it was sold as a single HHN maze, I don't think it would be comparable because this is purely in the maze, with an included photo op at the end, and out. There's no food, no drink, outside entertainment or decor, but there's QR code to NBC Store's website for a $36 logo t-shirt and regular merch. This all feels very test-like for what they can do, and unless this event sells out in October, given the staff inside and outside the house, I'm not sure this could be a separate profitable venture.

Since it's the start of the run, tickets were only slightly over $40 each to go through the house, but it was a pretty much isolated run in a pulsed in a decently lengthed house. For people in the city already while it's in operation, I think it's a good time and activity to do while giving you an excuse to hang out at Rock Center (go get Ace's Pizza underground!). For me, this is quite literally part of my commute so I got to get a taste of HHN house without hopping on a plane, so if they do a new house next yea,r I'd most likely go for it again. However, I wouldn't pay for multiple runs and given the pulsed nature, I don't think it'll get much better than that.

I'd give the house a solid 4/5 and optimistic for the future.

If this does well, I'd hope to see Comcast use more of the under Rock Center space as there's a large temp art exhibit area that could contain 2 houses of this size, but is doing an art thing. If they did a house and used the rest of the space for drinks and some spooky decore, I'd make a point of going to hang out there.

So to bump this event up, I actually went through it this Wednesday after work. This is a HHN-quality production through and through, and I think this could be the "franchise model" version of HHN mazes vs. the event at the park. That being said, they don't lean on HHN as a brand or touchpoint at all in its marketing, most likely due to the limited time and I feel like this is more a test with an available space than anything else.

I had bought tickets for 6:15 PM and they suggest getting there 10 minutes early. However, the house was running and there was no crowd, so I got to go in nearly immediately after a quick metal detector. They pulse groups, but it was just 1 other person along with my wife and me.

Pulsing seems like it could be great and I loved it! With the lack of crowd and the pulsing baked into the design of the house, all of the actors in each room get to focus on you, ensuring a more thorough scare.

Production quality was definitely HHN grade, along with the style of maze and where the scares are designed to come from. I feel like I've seen some of the sets before from HHNs past, but no complaints here. The house I'd say was a similar to a Slaughter Sinema, where you have a set up voiceover of concept in a transition room then the story, rinse and repeat. Definitely not on the gory side, so I can see this being more accessible to a less intesive crowd.

Jimmy Fallon as an IP makes perfect sense given its location at Rock Center, and he's the IP to get people to sign up. If it was sold as a single HHN maze, I don't think it would be comparable because this is purely in the maze, with an included photo op at the end, and out. There's no food, no drink, outside entertainment or decor, but there's QR code to NBC Store's website for a $36 logo t-shirt and regular merch. This all feels very test-like for what they can do, and unless this event sells out in October, given the staff inside and outside the house, I'm not sure this could be a separate profitable venture.

Since it's the start of the run, tickets were only slightly over $40 each to go through the house, but it was a pretty much isolated run in a pulsed in a decently lengthed house. For people in the city already while it's in operation, I think it's a good time and activity to do while giving you an excuse to hang out at Rock Center (go get Ace's Pizza underground!). For me, this is quite literally part of my commute so I got to get a taste of HHN house without hopping on a plane, so if they do a new house next yea,r I'd most likely go for it again. However, I wouldn't pay for multiple runs and given the pulsed nature, I don't think it'll get much better than that.

I'd give the house a solid 4/5 and optimistic for the future.

If this does well, I'd hope to see Comcast use more of the under Rock Center space as there's a large temp art exhibit area that could contain 2 houses of this size, but is doing an art thing. If they did a house and used the rest of the space for drinks and some spooky decore, I'd make a point of going to hang out there.
does it feel short? the vids seem kinda short

does it feel short? the vids seem kinda short
Given the runs are guided by an evil NBC page, there's more stopping and taking the scenes in in each room vs the normal konga line consistently moving of a normal HHN house. If you were always walking through, I could see it being very quick. By the end of it, I was satisfied at the duration.

Also-they maximized the house in the space they could. They only have 1 door in and out for the maze so once you go in, it's a hard commit. For the actors during shift switches, they actually have to go out the house entrance/exit and walk through 1/4 of the concourse level to get to their break area. They have the robes similar to HHN but with the Tonightmares logo on it, so it could also be a bit of marketing when you see about 2 dozen people in robes walking through the public spaces.

• Wow
Reactions: Lucky Planet