Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Join the IU Team - Universal Studios Hollywood Correspondent

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
Hey all.

I'm going to be as honest as I can. I know I initially asked back in June to help with this. Unfortunately, life happens and my world kinda got flipped on its head. Between buying a house and a few unfortunate events in my personal life, I was not able to give my full attention to the search. With life now curving back to some normalcy, it's time to get this ship back on track. So I'm asking again. I'm sure some of you have noticed that our Hollywood coverage has taken a bit of a backseat as of late. As it goes, life happens and has prevented our usual crew from going out to cover the Universal Studios Hollywood on a regular basis.

So we're looking for some help. It is a paid-per-article gig.

Qualifications and Job Description:
  • We need someone to go to the park at least once a week for our social channels, with at least one photo update once a month for the main site (Which means you need an Annual Pass)
  • Flexibility to go to Universal Studios Hollywood in the event "breaking news" happens.
  • A quality camera, preferably a DSLR
  • Experience and Knowledge of Universal Studios Hollywood and its history
  • Previous experience in writing/photography/reporting a plus
If interested, please reach out at my email: brian.g@insideuniversal.net or you can just post/DM me here.

Thank you!

Figured asking with the aspect to hopefully gauge more people (As more USH content is great content), would DSLR camera's (or proper photography/video making) really be needed, especially given the technological advances that have come around with smartphones and tablets. Or, is it a safety aspect that hinders high-end smartphones from being used for the sake as opposed proper camera's.

I'd love to see more coverage. It's been sad to see IU rescind. And I hope you and the others get more talented people onboard.

Figured asking with the aspect to hopefully gauge more people (As more USH content is great content), would DSLR camera's (or proper photography/video making) really be needed, especially given the technological advances that have come around with smartphones and tablets. Or, is it a safety aspect that hinders high-end smartphones from being used for the sake as opposed proper camera's.

I'd love to see more coverage. It's been sad to see IU rescind. And I hope you and the others get more talented people onboard.

We’ve made our decision. You’ll see something about our new contributors next week.

Now that I'm not driving after a long night at SeaWorld, I can answer this better.

The ask was "A quality camera, preferably DSLR" - meaning a new phone is certainly a qualifier for a quality camera and it would've been handled depending on the person and what they could've brought. I will say, however, there are certain instances where smartphones can't match the quality of a DSLR. Furthermore, there's a high chance that someone with a DSRL is a better photographer since they're investing the time and money to learn the equipment. Either way, it's not important now since we've got our people.

As far as lack of updates, again, between buying a house and a few unfortunate events in my personal life, I was not able to give my full attention to the search - and our Cali team was also hit with their own personal setbacks so it was the perfect storm of complications. With the 2 new people, we should be correcting that course very quickly.