Journey of Water – Inspired by Moana | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

Journey of Water – Inspired by Moana

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It really all boils down to one core thing, it's a splash pad. The timeframe for it to be made and the sheer fact it feels like they're dragging their feet on opening it just makes it all the sadder.
They're dragging their feet on this because it's essentially been ready for much of the year but they don't want it open until September/October. They've basically just been holding it because they don't want to open it yet. They want to wait until the gardens/hub area is done and Communicore Plaza.

I hate it, but if you think they aren't going to try to package all of this together (along with the new fireworks) as if they just opened the best ride in the world then you haven't been paying attention to Disney's advertising strategies.

I hate it, but if you think they aren't going to try to package all of this together (along with the new fireworks) as if they just opened the best ride in the world then you haven't been paying attention to Disney's advertising strategies.

Yup - and they'll get away with it. They have a stellar marketing team.

They'll also probably do some fan service by creating a nostalgia line of merchandise with previous attractions to shut the fans up.

Also, they'll probably have Figment M&G debut around the same time to keep the fans from complaining so much.

Yup - and they'll get away with it. They have a stellar marketing team.

They'll also probably do some fan service by creating a nostalgia line of merchandise with previous attractions to shut the fans up.

Also, they'll probably have Figment M&G debut around the same time to keep the fans from complaining so much.
I didn't even think about how the Figment M&G still hasn't shown up. You're probably 100% on the money with that.

I have grown so immensely tired of Disney's "yearly" opening schedule. Because yeah, on paper we've gotten a solid attraction or upgrade every year since 2017, but when most of these projects could've been complete and open to the public pre-pandemic imo with the right care and attention, it's become less of a "I can't wait for next year!" and more of an agonizing dripfeed slog.

I know it's a Universal forum so I've got a bias, but keeping tabs on USF construction doesn't feel like this to me. That resort has also gotten a major new attraction every year, and yet they seem to constantly be striving forward, throwing their best out there. We don't wait 6 years for a cloned coaster, we wait 2-3 for a brand new and incredibly designed one (and we've gotten two of those in the time it took Disney to make Tron). Could you imagine if Disney was in charge of the Villain-Con expansion? I feel like we'd be seeing it Summer 2024 at the earliest. Just speaks to the priorities of the two companies imo.

Last edited:
I have grown so immensely tired of Disney's "yearly" opening schedule. Because yeah, on paper we've gotten a solid attraction or upgrade every year since 2017, but when most of these projects could've been complete and open to the public pre-pandemic imo with the right care and attention, it's become less of a "I can't wait for next year!" and more of a agonizing dripfeed slog.
It doesn't help the slog feeling when a massive chunk of the front half of the park has been behind construction walls for years now. That's one of my biggest gripes with the slow timelines they churn out.

I know it's a Universal forum so I've got a bias, but keeping tabs on USF construction doesn't feel like this to me. That resort has also gotten a major new attraction every year, and yet they seem to constantly be striving forward, throwing their best out there.
I hear your general point, but I would not contend that Universal has only been putting forth "their best."

Supercharged and Race Through New York are nobody's "best."

I hear your general point, but I would not contend that Universal has only been putting forth "their best."
Supercharged and Race Through New York are nobody's "best."

Supercharged is an outlier and Fallon is fine. I would argue that the combined force of Volcano Bay, Hagrids, Velocicoaster, Bourne, and the brand new theme park more than make up for the Kong's, forgotten JP animatronics, and Supercharged's we've gotten. Especially now with the consistent upgrades and upkeep we're seeing to existing attractions at both Uni parks, keeping track of USF construction has been a lot of fun lately.

Disney has their winners of course, but we also have Rat, Play!, the many failed nighttime spectaculars, Tron, which are all fine attractions but frankly not exciting on year 4+ of waiting for them to be opened. At least when Fallon was built it didn't close the Potter Train for 2 years. Our stinkers come in good time!;)

Reactions: tielo and Grabnar
Supercharged is an outlier and Fallon is fine. I would argue that the combined force of Volcano Bay, Hagrids, Velocicoaster, Bourne, and the brand new theme park more than make up for the Kong's, forgotten JP animatronics, and Supercharged's we've gotten. ;)
First of all, Kong is just fine! Beyond that, I vehemently disagree that the weaknesses at the parks are excusable simply because Universal has been very active. The condition of JP River Adventure, for example, is completely unacceptable and insulting under any circumstances. But I'll leave this argument there!

None of that is to excuse Disney's pitifully slow timelines, of course.

5 years

This better be the best walk through attraction EVER.....lol

I know it won't but insane that in it's going to take a similar time time to build Epic Universe as this attraction
It hasn’t actually been 5 years. However, it’s not off by much. Construction started September 2019. So we’re coming up on 4 years.

It hasn’t actually been 5 years. However, it’s not off by much. Construction started September 2019. So we’re coming up on 4 years.
Still insane Epic will be down a yeaish more then one.....walkthrough attraction.

What sucks, is I think its going to be a fun cool little feature but the time they took seems to made all fans just dislike the project

Still insane Epic will be down a yeaish more then one.....walkthrough attraction.

What sucks, is I think its going to be a fun cool little feature but the time they took seems to made all fans just dislike the project
Yeah, it is insane. COVID did play a big part in stopping construction and then it was one of the last projects to restart construction. But still. It’s a walkthrough.

Can't wait to get my Moana Journey of Water water bottle for $34.95, a Moana potable water-mister fan and a branded cupcake that needs a lot of water to swallow it.
But I heard we have to wait as they have problems with the wetness of the water in the "attraction" due to rain and high moister levels in the air...

It'll be cool to see Universal build like two to four of these across its American parks in half the time it took Disney to build one.