Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic June 2023 (UOR)

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
Universal Orlando Resort and Universal Studios Hollywood announced they will be celebrating Jurassic Park's 30th anniversary with a Jurassic June celebration; featuring special, limited-time experiences. @UniStudios @UniversalORL

I'm intrigued to see what unique merchandise might be rolled out for this. Outside of the parks, Universal has been embracing a very retro approach to this anniversary's merchandising and marketing, so hopefully that carries over to whatever might show up in the parks.

Target has been putting out a ton of new JP merchandise the last two years ... but yes would be cool if Universal puts out some special stuff too this summer in the parks

Well, with my drinkware habit, I already see a mug that I need:
Screen Shot 2023-05-24 at 12.00.10 AM.png
Love that it evokes the Explorer tour vehicle paint scheme from the film.

I also like that we're seeing a lot of the yellow variant logo (Universal has tended to favor the version with the red background), as well as some items with the classic JP conjoined logo, which used to be on everything JURASSIC PARK-related back in the 1990s:
1bca8d119346e34fba455fe98b3e911b--ideas-for-tattoos-jurassic-park-world.jpg

Looking at some of the coverage that is starting to come out from the Tribute Store, it's commendable that there's a quite large amount of new JP stuff... very little of which I would actually want. Which is fine! That mug and some of the pins are enough for me.

I'm hopeful that those things make it into the online store (a few of the shirts have started to show up there already), because I don't want to have to gamble that the Universal shops will still have that stuff in stock when I visit Hollywood in September!

The display of 1993/94-era JP merch and tie-ins that they've got in the Tribute Store is an incredible time capsule. Brings back a lot of fond memories from that period.

The team that put this store together did a really nice job. There are production photos in there that I've never seen before (and I thought I'd seen everything related to JURASSIC PARK's production!).

The Jurassic Park 30th Anniversary Tribute Store has officially opened at Universal Studios Florida. @UniversalORL

I was really worried about the future of tribute stores due to this new location, but WOW!! Definitely an upgrade from the Mardi Gras tribute store.

I'd chalk up the Mardi Gras tribute store to new location challenges, the visual merchandising team had to make a store in a completely new location so they couldn't quite go all out like they have in the Mummy queue. Now that they've had a bit of time to work in the space, it definitely shows with this tribute store as it looks great! Those photo spots are fan-frickin'-tastic.

And of course, it wouldn't be a tribute store without a little tease of what's to come...

I'd chalk up the Mardi Gras tribute store to new location challenges, the visual merchandising team had to make a store in a completely new location so they couldn't quite go all out like they have in the Mummy queue. Now that they've had a bit of time to work in the space, it definitely shows with this tribute store as it looks great! Those photo spots are fan-frickin'-tastic.

And of course, it wouldn't be a tribute store without a little tease of what's to come...

090123 = 09/01/23

It's the date of September 1, 2023, the opening night of HHN. Wrong thread, but I'm not sure if anyone pointed it out or noticed lol.