Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic Outfitters

Went today again to USH...And Jurassic Outfitters was again overcrowded with other random non-relevant material.  There were some vague Jurassic Park ride merchandise waaay up toward the ride exit side and again near the photo part, but the other side and the second half was filled with generic merchandise. I think that right now, we are not going to get merchandise until the movie comes out.

I know the employees at the park are at least aware that Jurassic World comes out. Two separate Employees in the park saw my Jurassic Park shirt and said "you know there's a new movie coming out?" I just hope whoever is in charge of merchandising gets that memo. Since i see everywhere that 'exclusive minion merch' is available on nearly every shop. Makes sense because minions. But Jurassic World needs a merch presence in the shop, and its less excusable since the movie is now only 6 months away.

Don't expect to see the generic merchandise leave anytime soon. If they took the time to do rearrangements in the store during the ride's refurb period in order to accommodate more than just JP merch, it'll likely stay that way (for a long time, at least). Though it takes away from theming aspects, and I'd prefer if they kept it the way it was before, Jurassic Park merchandise just doesn't sell as well as items themed to the minions, Transformers, Simpsons, etc. It's a smart business move on their part to offer as much of that stuff as they can across the park.

With that being said, Jurassic World merchandise is inevitable. The upcoming film has been receiving a lot of hype, and they'll want to milk that cash cow like there's no tomorrow.

Any new updates? I saw pics on twitter of Jurassic World merch hitting the Outfitters in Orland, wondering if the merchandise has reached here yet.

WOW! I saw the pics on the Inside Universal twitter and they were amazing! Can't wait to see the inside proper when I go again! JP has reclaimed Jurassic Outfitters!
Can't wait to have some JP stuff when I come back to Universal in a few weeks.

Sucks they only have the top sparkly grey shirt for Jurassic World. Only the women's and kids have blue shirts. If they had blue or black for men's I would have bought one.
It's possible they'll still be getting some more merchandise in, but I'm not sure how likely that is.

UOR is selling a new Jurassic World lanyard, so I hope we got that too..!

It's possible they'll still be getting some more merchandise in, but I'm not sure how likely that is.

UOR is selling a new Jurassic World lanyard, so I hope we got that too..!
I hope that we get more Jurassic World merchandise soon in a few more days

Went on Friday...I see after HHN, the JP merchandise got pushed all the way back to the back third of the store...again.. Where JP/JW merch used to at least go into the middle of the store, now it is in the back. And most of it is JP the Ride themed. Although I still saw the Jurassic World toys there. Merch Ive seen before like the Jurassic World lanyards has been gone for a while. I was able to find some shirts and Jurassic World caps but again, not that much of the stuff is still there. The nice thing is they at least have the Jurassic World trailer still playing in the store, but I fear there's going to be another dead period of little actual JP merch in the store again.

I honestly really hate the fact that there is generic Universal merchandise in this JP gift shop. Among other merchandise that shouldn't be there. And then of course I believe there is also some Mummy merchandise too, because lord knows the Lower Lot totally needed that damn character giftshop :rolleyes:

I would love to see this be strictly JP/JW related merchandise only. Also, it'd be nice to see some cool ride merchandise that wasn't touristy. But eh..

I honestly really hate the fact that there is generic Universal merchandise in this JP gift shop. Among other merchandise that shouldn't be there. And then of course I believe there is also some Mummy merchandise too, because lord knows the Lower Lot totally needed that damn character giftshop :rolleyes:

I would love to see this be strictly JP/JW related merchandise only. Also, it'd be nice to see some cool ride merchandise that wasn't touristy. But eh..
I heard that the shop reopened on the Inside Universal Twitter.....yeah. So any word on if Jurassic Merchandise has been totally pushed to the back now? We need JP merch in the park more then we need that 'minions' store right next to it. If Minions and Transformers can have exclusive merch in their stores, why is JURASSIC Outfitters getting shafted with being half generic merch?

I heard that the shop reopened on the Inside Universal Twitter.....yeah. So any word on if Jurassic Merchandise has been totally pushed to the back now? We need JP merch in the park more then we need that 'minions' store right next to it. If Minions and Transformers can have exclusive merch in their stores, why is JURASSIC Outfitters getting shafted with being half generic merch?
Right now, for the weekends; it seems thanks to Twitter that it will be open only for the weekends, due to JP being under refurbishment.

And..it seems that its gone through a large change, with more generic theming.

..and, to be honest; I saw the move happening. Unfortunately, Jurassic Outfitters has seemed to lost the original sense of identity a few years back, and with the change; it will piss off some fans.

You have to have the negatives before you can have the positives, and thankfully; JP is getting some needed love.

Last edited by a moderator:
Right now, for the weekends; it seems thanks to Twitter that it will be open only for the weekends, due to JP being under refurbishment.

And..it seems that its gone through a large change, with more generic theming.

..and, to be honest; I saw the move happening. Unfortunately, Jurassic Outfitters has seemed to lost the original sense of identity a few years back, and with the change; it will piss off some fans.

You have to have the negatives before you can have the positives, and thankfully; JP is getting some needed love.
I know, I am just a bit peeved that Minions technically has two stores. (The store after you get out of Minions ride, and then the one on the lower lot)

Yeah, the generic theming has been a casualty of everything. I had hoped after the HHN merch had been moved out that it would have more JP things but sadly no. Sigh...I am still upset they took out some of the JW theming they put in (the posters that were hanging out of the overhang in the front) but I guess yeah...Uni dropped the ball there big time.

Idk if this is still there but last time I went a few months ago, Jurassic Outfitters was playing Jurassic World on a loop in the tv right above the store.