Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic Park 25th Anniversary Celebration

Oh :x:.. BOTH the 11th & 12th are sold out! :what: Ugh... if I hadn't had to pay my phone this past saturday, I would've already bought my ticket. I honestly did NOT expect this event to end up selling out until at least the day of... Looks like I need to get my ticket for the 13th as soon as my direct deposit kicks in tonight :chainsaw:

*Sidenote... ONLY the "event" ticket is sold out for the 11th & 12th. The day/night combo event ticket is still available for the 11th & 13th.

Oh yea... so heads up btw. The "Feature Presentation" store will be reopening with JP/JW merchandise. Thats why it hasn't been open... FINALLY the unnecessary mini Potter giftshop will be redone.. (it should've happened several times over honestly.)... There is already NEW merch in the JPRA gift shop on the Lower Lot. More new merch on the way when "Feature Presentation" reopens with its JP/JW overlay.

Soo @AliciaStella brought up that 'Blue' may be coming to their Raptor Encounter this year, and out of maybe giving a thought; perhaps Blue is going to make his debut this weekend for the 25th? It would make sense, and would have Hollywood having something unique debut first before Orlando in terms of Raptor Encounter.

Did anyone here attend the celebration? Please share your thoughts, likes, dislikes, photos and videos for those who weren't able to make it. Was it worth the price of admission?

I attended the night with Laura Dern. This event is something USH needs to continue with other properties. Jurassic Park being the largest current Universal franchise for the theme park, I can see why so much money was poured into this event. Was it super spectacular, no. Was it fun, yes. This event was much more in-line with EVE. Watching the film in the Universal Cinema Theater was nice, although the Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom opening preview was the highlight (I will reserve my judgment on the scene). Props were available inside the theater for the original 1993 film. The prop exhibit inside the Jurassic Park extended queue was much more detailed. All in all, there were things to do and see. The Q&A panel with Collin Trevorrow was the highlight of the night. Despite a few colorful words by Phil Tippet, everything was family friendly and enjoyable.

Universal needs to bring a Potter event to Hollywood. I think it would be much larger than this JP event, but there is a demand for these fans. Jurassic Park was a great event...it reminded me of a very similar Transformers event a few years ago. B+

I rather enjoyed the event. The screening was fun, and the preview for Fallen Kingdom was very exciting.

As the event began, they did a wonderfully coordinated show with the raptors and handlers. They had two raptors out fighting and roaring, the handlers attempting to calm them, and even a team of SWAT-type guys ready to swoop in if things turned south. I found it to be very intense. There were some audio issues, though, with the raptor sounds. Then they had a few actors dressed as various JP characters (Henry Wu, Hammond, Nedry, and Malcolm) come out and say a few lines which was alright, but felt a little hokey and I didn't think added much to the experience.

I thought the Filmmaker Panel was enjoyable, but I didn't really hear anything I didn't already know. I also liked the prop/art/production exhibition, but I was a little disappointed as most of the props were either from Jurassic Park 3 or Jurassic World. They were still neat to see, but not why I was there. I did find it funny that, in one display, they highlighted which sound stages were used in production of one of the JP movies (I think 3). Out of the three highlighted, one had already been demolished and another was on the chopping block. Whoops.

By the time I finished with the exhibition and the Jurassic Partners area, the event was basically over. I missed the trivia and costume contests, so I can't speak to their quality. I had about ten minutes left, so I threw my stuff into a mummy locker and hopped on the ride. The animatronics look a lot better in the dark.

Overall, a pretty good event. Worth the price. With the ride closing, I don't see this specific event returning in the future, but I'd like to see more of this type of event moving forward.