Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 767 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Judging by this image from Bio, I'm having trouble picturing how that rumored skinny showscene Alicia outlined at the end of the ride would fit in here. The track curves around the maintenance building after the final brake run and appears to just hug the wall the entire time. I'm not seeing any room in that space to build anything. Am I missing something?

Reactions: gator
View attachment 12728
These footings look like they may support something pretty decent in size. Maybe an enclosure of some sort?
Yes. The final tunnel. Marked in orange on my original track layout.

JP-Coaster-Layout-2-07.jpg

Has anyone tried to figure out a better estimate for the top hat height? The new pictures make it seem like it'll be around 140 feet but haven't been able to find the precise height anywhere

Has anyone tried to figure out a better estimate for the top hat height? The new pictures make it seem like it'll be around 140 feet but haven't been able to find the precise height anywhere
Bioreconstruct has some pictures that show off the height compared to the other stuff on site. I'm no expert, but it looks like anywhere between 150-160ft. Rockit is 167ft and people who have seen the top hat in person seem to say it's roughly the same height as Rockit.

EDIT: speaking of Bio, I noticed this hiding in his aerials of the HHN tents-
1.png
Looks an awful lot like what they're putting in along the JP waterfront.

Last edited:
Ah didn’t know that, will check out the video

Seems odd to have a building so large for just a countdown
Half the building is backstage stuff.

think of that building as being the battery pack that runs the launches, because that’s essentially what it is without getting too technical. Hagrids has the same thing hidden around trees in certain spots on the ride.
Yes, exactly.

Reactions: Clive and TheDr
Even with the power box in that building, there's still plenty of room for a decent amount of scenery. Anyone that's ridden Copperhead Strike at Carowinds should be familiar with the scene before the first launch- it wouldn't be too far out of the question to expect something on par with that.

Reactions: Alicia
Well yeah, in @Alicia ’s video she explains the scene and it sounds pretty cool. It’s essentially the sally port between civilians and dinosaurs. When the chamber doors behind you close the ones to the raptors opens and then you launch. Honestly it sounds completely awesome to me and will certainly be one of the best prelaunch sequences in theme park history. This sounds better than hulks original launch tube sequence.

Status
Not open for further replies.