Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic Park Major Refurb (Reopening 2025)

May 8, 2018
USJ announced today that Jurassic Park The Ride will undergo a major refurb from September 4, 2023 - early 2025 to "improve show quality."

Fan accounts on Twitter are claiming that the ride's theme will remain Jurassic Park, however I don't see that mentioned in the statement.

Screenshot 2023-06-01 at 10.34.29 AM.png

Last edited:
(Could an admin or mod please edit the thread title to remove the question mark? When I posted this I wasn't 100% confident this was for real but I've now found the statement on the USJ site.)

I’m surprised they are doing this with Spider-Man going down forever soon. I guess they don’t have to stress it as much since they already have SNW and will open the Donkey Kong coaster next year.

I can’t wait until Orlando finally shuts theirs down to give it the much needed love and work. Sadly, probably won’t happen until after EU is open.

Wow. I wish they’d do this in Orlando. We will be the only ones left with a run-down River Adventure

Also, Spider-Man, Jurassic Park, Backdraft and Terminator 2: 3-D will all closed closed at the same time. Down 4 attractions!

Last edited:
Also, just today a new raft was spotted testing at the attraction.

I'm assuming the fact that the new raft is still themed to JP is the reason that fans think Jurassic World is not coming.

Maybe the Jurassic World reskin will be exclusive to USH for the indefinite future.

Wow. I wish they’d do this in Orlando. We will be the only ones left with a run-down River Adventure

Also, Spider-Man, Jurassic Park, Backdraft and Terminator 2: 3-D will all closed closed at the same time. Down 4 attractions!
Yeah very surprising… That’s two of the park’s E-tickets that will be down for over a year at least. I wonder if JP has deeper issues that can’t be postponed.

Layout of everything closed in 2024.

I thought when they announced Spiderman was closing they were going to announce that T2 and Backdraft were Re-Opening to make up for some of that lost capacity.

Orlando’s JP: Falling apart and an embarrassment to the franchise.

Japan’s JP: Meticulously maintained and regraded as a superior version.

NBCUniversal: Imma go with Japan

I don’t think UOR could handle one if it’s most popular attractions shutting down right now. They are trying to convince people to spend money and vacation there now instead of waiting two years for the new park and shutting down the JPRA would discourage plenty from booking Universal Orlando vacations until later. Japan has the superior Super Nintendo World with DK coming so they know people are going to come for that.

I seriously hope that JPRA shuts down within 6-8 months of EU’s opening though. It desperately needs it.

I don’t think UOR could handle one if it’s most popular attractions shutting down right now. They are trying to convince people to spend money and vacation there now instead of waiting two years for the new park and shutting down the JPRA would discourage plenty from booking Universal Orlando vacations until later. Japan has the superior Super Nintendo World with DK coming so they know people are going to come for that.

I seriously hope that JPRA shuts down within 6-8 months of EU’s opening though. It desperately needs it.
That’s a good point. I wonder if that’s why they’ve been doing some work on the uglier scenes while the ride’s still open. I wonder if Orlando and Japan will get some similar changes, but they’ll be done all at once in Japan and gradually rolled out while the ride’s still open in Orlando!

The ride was in amazing shape when I rode last week, aside from one broken Dino (the one that would normally spit on the right just before the t-rex). God knows what they're doing in such a long refurb!

Walls up overnight

F5JH9N0XkAAc7ZP
F5JH9N4WoAAPTsd

While the UOR version could use the same overhaul I think some people are discounting Uni efforts at trying to somewhat maintain the attraction here. I understand they could do more but I think it would be a huge capacity hit for it to go under right now for IOA.

Japan seems to be the testing grounds for a lot of things so not surprised to see this announced here first.

Well known USJ fan account saying that the main focus of the refurb is on earthquake reinforcement, "but that doesn't mean there won't be any changes at all. There are some minor changes."

Have to stress that I can't confirm if this account has true insider info, but they're one of the biggest fan accounts.