Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Jurassic Park: The Ride (Now Closed)

Has anyone been on Jurassic Park lately and noticed a lot of missing/non-operating elements?

Yesterday the hadrosaur seemed to have been removed, one of the water-spitting dinosaurs before the lift into the building was gone (although the speaker was still on), the sliding dinosaur in the building was a no-show (sorry, didn't take any photos on the ride).

Worst of all, the jeep that used to fall down the wall looked like it was half dismantled. Is Universal starting to take the ride apart even before the end of June?

Has anyone been on Jurassic Park lately and noticed a lot of missing/non-operating elements?

Yesterday the hadrosaur seemed to have been removed, one of the water-spitting dinosaurs before the lift into the building was gone (although the speaker was still on), the sliding dinosaur in the building was a no-show (sorry, didn't take any photos on the ride).

Worst of all, the jeep that used to fall down the wall looked like it was half dismantled. Is Universal starting to take the ride apart even before the end of June?
Dinosaurs have been gradually disappearing from the ride lately. I believe that someone said that the nine-month refurbishment period is already tight for Universal, so they are trying to get a head start. It’s not ideal for all of us who want to get our last rides in, but at the same time, the ride hasn’t been in its prime for years (no falling jeep, etc.).

Dinosaurs have been gradually disappearing from the ride lately. I believe that someone said that the nine-month refurbishment period is already tight for Universal, so they are trying to get a head start. It’s not ideal for all of us who want to get our last rides in, but at the same time, the ride hasn’t been in its prime for years (no falling jeep, etc.).

Yeah, seems very much like Universal is taking a page out of Disney to how they did work on the attraction well before TOT closed in 2016.

Yes, they're slowly removing the aging dinosaurs in order to make room or the JW attraction. It's best that they needed to be removed while leaving most of the other practical effects intact so as to speed up and have time to improve the construction of the new attraction.

Universal is making the ride authentic. Like in the real world, ALL the dinosaurs become Extinct. ;):lol:

Jurassic Park River Adventure Update:
- Ultrasaurs present
- Sitacasaur (too lazy for proper spelling) present
- Steggo 1 present, Cliff Steggo gone
- Popcorn Compys present
- Hadrosaur gone
- Dilophosaur in boat present
- Falling jeep of doom still facedown in the water. Cause of death? drowning
- Left Dilophosaur present, Right dilophosaur gone
- Ceiling raptor present
- Ceiling t-rex present
- Final drop t-rex present
- surprise dilophosaur present

Just hope they don't attempt a similar scenario where you have a jeep falling into the water every single time, it's the reason why they malfunctioned in the first place for more than a decade ago.

Just hope they don't attempt a similar scenario where you have a jeep falling into the water every single time, it's the reason why they malfunctioned in the first place for more than a decade ago.
Eh.. not entirely... and did you forget that Jurassic World has a falling Gyrosphere? In Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom, said jeep gets engulfed in lava... new jeep scene via lava!? haha.. sigh

When was the last time the left side ceiling raptor worked?
There was only ever one raptor in the ceiling. However, there was a raptor on the left side just after the wrecked control terminal that is missing. I was talking to my roommate about it last night & couldn't remember if Orlando was the only one with raptors on the lift hill... Here is a video from 1997 (when EVERYTHING worked)

^so much misting/fog inside the building back then compared to now

I think the environment changes will not stay the same as they are today. Immediately thinking that the Mosasaaur will "knock" the boat off course, is possible...but not guaranteed.
It just makes sense to me. Couldn’t they reskin the hadrosaur, change the environment to dangle a shark, and then just have that be how you’re knocked towards the rest of the carnivores?

Are the new AA's confirmed Creature Tech?

When I was first told of the project way back, Creature was on the project.

Now the question, is of how involved; considering that they are also going to be probably working on another project while the JW revamp occurs for the Hollywood park.

I think the environment changes will not stay the same as they are today. Immediately thinking that the Mosasaaur will "knock" the boat off course, is possible...but not guaranteed.

I would definitely think that the foilage and landscaping will get redone.