Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 143 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Body wars? I wouldn't call that cheesey or tacky. You say this just because it's outdated? I don't call ET tacky just because it's outdated. In its prime Body Wars was one of the first of its kind, it would boast 2 hour + waits.

Last edited:
Body wars? I wouldn't call that cheesey or tacky. You say this just because it's outdated? I don't call ET tacky just because it's outdated. In its prime Body Wars was one of the first of its kind, it would boast 2 hour + waits.

I second Jwhee's point. Unfortunately that was a very, very long time ago. What happened to you Disney (shaking fist angrily at the sky)!

Well, from my understanding no royalties are owed to the actors if their likeness/name are not used on the merch.. So doing Dinosaur toys/plushies/etc shouldn't be too difficult of an endeavor. That said, from my understanding Hasbro owns the master license, so until they start making new items pickings will be slim.

So, Universal paid Hasbro to develop store products of the past and pays royalties from sales to them as well? As ever, stuffed creatures at Carney games have historically been really cheap junk. Sounds as if they are following history.

Junk toy fact: the original elf on a shelf's arms and legs were stuffed with tightly rolled-up Japanese newspaper. The reason I know this is because I became curious as a child, and true-to-form, I investigated by tearing his arms off. :stunned:

So, Universal paid Hasbro to develop store products of the past and pays royalties from sales to them as well? As ever, stuffed creatures at Carney games have historically been really cheap junk. Sounds as if they are following history.

Junk toy fact: the original elf on a shelf's arms and legs were stuffed with tightly rolled-up Japanese newspaper. The reason I know this is because I became curious as a child, and true-to-form, I investigated by tearing his arms off. :stunned:

From my understanding, in the past Hasbro only owned the action figure license. However, last spring it was announced Hasbro has the full license and plans to develop toys, plushies, kreos, games and more. It was said the first items would hit in 2014 with the new film, but I'm not sure when new merch will hit since the movie is now delayed til 2015.

So, how would people feel if the Jurassic Park gates were removed and replaced with Jurassic World gates? Jack of JurassicWorld.org is saying this is what he has heard, and it seems to mesh with hints dropped on this forum.

I'm willing to bet that Hasbro's deal does not include theme park merchandise.

I believe you're right, as these newer items appeared and are definitely not Hasbro:

r7C9aaR.jpg

Last edited:
I second Jwhee's point. Unfortunately that was a very, very long time ago. What happened to you Disney (shaking fist angrily at the sky)!

After going to all the Disney parks recently for all of the Christmastime offerings, I have to say Disney hasn't really lost it. They're not rapidly expanding, but they're still a very high-quality theme park experience. Especially during Christmas...there is nothing comparable to the Candlelight Processional. Universal is more of a rides park and Disney is more of an "experience" and I think each place does great at their own thing.

Anyway, back to topic, I'm also pretty sure that Universal controls their own merchandise and Hasbro doesn't have theme park rights. Not 100% sure, but obviously you can see toys in the park without Hasbro labels.

Also, I would hate if they changed the Jurassic Park gates to Jurassic World gates. I think Jurassic World's box office performance will pale in comparison to its original counterpart and JP 1 will still be the most well-known and highly-regarded in the series after JW's release. I really don't think any changes to reflect JW will come except for maybe a few scant details in the expansion. I think the extent of JW's influence in the parks will simply be a little promotion here and there, just like every other big Universal release.

Reactions: jtsalien
After going to all the Disney parks recently for all of the Christmastime offerings, I have to say Disney hasn't really lost it. They're not rapidly expanding, but they're still a very high-quality theme park experience. Especially during Christmas...there is nothing comparable to the Candlelight Processional. Universal is more of a rides park and Disney is more of an "experience" and I think each place does great at their own thing.

Anyway, back to topic, I'm also pretty sure that Universal controls their own merchandise and Hasbro doesn't have theme park rights. Not 100% sure, but obviously you can see toys in the park without Hasbro labels.

Also, I would hate if they changed the Jurassic Park gates to Jurassic World gates. I think Jurassic World's box office performance will pale in comparison to its original counterpart and JP 1 will still be the most well-known and highly-regarded in the series after JW's release. I really don't think any changes to reflect JW will come except for maybe a few scant details in the expansion. I think the extent of JW's influence in the parks will simply be a little promotion here and there, just like every other big Universal release.

I agree with most of what you said here, which is not commonplace.

Universal needs some great rides like Spaceship Earth. We have ET, but the new rides are quickly turning into how many screens can we fit into a ride, instead of real sets.

Bringing it back on topic, I was looking forward to Jurassic Park getting some kind of lab ride, but it looks like that is not happening.

OMG don't get your panties in a knot you guys, it's not what I meant. I meant it clearly is an parody (you know the biggest for of a compliment) to Epcot rides, shown AS a tacky Epcot STYLE ride.

What I call Body Wars? Lazy and puck provoking... (That pavilion had awesome shows but no good ride).
And EPCOT was once my most favourite park but that was before it became a shadow of it former self and it's theme confusing.

Status
Not open for further replies.