Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 202 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
To help with queues are they going to have more than one showroom/viewing at a time (like Ollivander's in Diagon)? If so, they could have more than one of the raptors represented and depending upon which showroom you are ushered to you could see a different raptor each time.

Nossuh mimosa. One area only. They want it popular and packed.

I got a chance to do something I never have before.
Today my appreciation for Jurassic Park and Universal has greatly increased.

Camp Jurassic and the Amber Mine/Discovery Center.

Wow what an awesome awesome theme park experience.

First Camp Jurassic is extremely underrated. It reminds me of the play place at Sea World but so much more advanced.
The Amber Mine creates an experience for adults and children.
I had a freaking blast today. My girlfriend and I both let our innerchildhood out more so than Pixie Dust from the mouse could.
Not a shot at Disney but much praise for the Uni Squad.

I definitely hope for an Amber Mine coaster . Only because i cant ride the flyers lol.

The discovery center took 50 minutes of our time. So that says alot. Proud to have that in our parks.

So Universal keep it up.

Definitely hopw Jurrasic World succeeds!!

Anyone who hasnt done Camp Jurassic, you are missing out. !!

I completely agree.
We do it a couple of times every trip, and we're a bit older than the typical tourist. My GF spent about an hour just on the footprints last trip, making them roar. A fun time had by all. This is a perfect example of why we take our time in the parks & enjoy the ambiance. The people who run through the parks from ride to ride, calling them half day parks, often miss all this great stuff.

Their names make me wonder if there is a story behind raptor Alpha.....or something else beginning with A. It would surely be strange to pick a range of B-E and miss out on A?

Owen, Pratt's character, considers himself the Alpha. That's why he jumped to 'B'lue.. but who knows, perhaps there was another as well.

I completely agree.
We do it a couple of times every trip, and we're a bit older than the typical tourist. My GF spent about an hour just on the footprints last trip, making them roar. A fun time had by all. This is a perfect example of why we take our time in the parks & enjoy the ambiance. The people who run through the parks from ride to ride, calling them half day parks, often miss all this great stuff.
I've been trying to figure out what the hell a half day park is for past few years and through several forums. Time is so subjective and we as people tend to rush it instead of enjoy it. No such thing as a half day park if you take the whole day to enjoy it;s offerings. Sure you wont be interested in everything but people tend to get a map and still mis-read it.

Last edited:
i've been trying to figure out what the hell a half day park is for past few years an several forums. Time is so subjective and we as people tend to rush it instead of enjoy it. No such thing as a half day park if you take the whole day to enjoy it;s offerings. Sure you wont be interested in everything but people tend to get a map and still mis-read it.
exactly!!!

Pictures from my visit today! Raptor area looks pretty much done, except for some landscaping work as far as I could see.

P1030827-1024x768.jpg

P1030820-1024x768.jpg

I noticed the electric fence's indicator lights are Jurassic World dark blue, (and not the original JP red/green/blue)

P1030821-1024x768.jpg

Through the fence I could see a metal wall that looks like the raptor containment boxes

P1030826-768x1024.jpg

P1030831-1024x768.jpg

Also I noticed the DinoStore gift shop in the Discovery Center has gotten lots of Jurassic World toys. You can also find some select Jurassic World candies in various gift shops throughout both parks.

P1030812-1024x768.jpg

P1030815-1024x768.jpg

P1030813-1024x768.jpg

P1030818-1024x768.jpg

P1030867-768x1024.jpg

So it seems Jurassic World has at least some presence in the parks. I'm hoping they bring in some vehicles and maybe a Gyro Sphere for photo ops after the film opens as well! More pictures on my blog, as usual.

^ That gate must have been taken from the left side (if facing the area). I believe those palms behind the new fence work still need to be pulled out so that you can see the old containment fence in the background... or at least I thought that was the plan.

As ever, great pics Alicia!

^ That gate must have been taken from the left side (if facing the area). I believe those palms behind the new fence work still need to be pulled out so that you can see the old containment fence in the background... or at least I thought that was the plan.

As ever, great pics Alicia!

Thanks!

Yes, the gate/fence pic was taken on the far left side. It looks like lots of landscaping work was going on while I was there so a lot could still change on that front.

Thanks for the pics!

I wonder if the meet and greet will only feature one Raptor, Blue, but the others will always be obscured in the containment crates with minimal movement/animation. It would be a neat way to feature the whole squad while still staying within a realistic budget of a smaller scope project like this.

I don't believe there will be anything like that so you might want to lower your expectations quite a bit. It should be a highly enjoyable show regardless.

Weird, when I heard about this ages ago I heard it would be all the Raptors. Maybe that person was mistaken. Meh.

I'm sure it will be cool, but I can't help but feel JP keeps getting the short end of the stick.

This is so awesome I can't believe my eyes. This is how you do meet and greets, ACTUAL interactions with the characters with a fun space around it. This is gonna be a smash hit and it's awesome universal is taking the time to do this just cause. Amazingness

So, will they ever do anything about the JP side of the Harry Potter show building? I would kill for something to be put up that is themed to hide it and add to the visual experience.

Maybe some scaled JP style mountains?

WLfx6Dd.jpg

(They can always keep them from clashing with HP by giving a reverse side a rockier appearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.