Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 30 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really think the boardwalk/bridge in front of the caves is brilliant. Great vantage points, great integration with the rockwork and water features. Really beautiful, especially at dusk. If this area is expanded on, I hope they don't compromise this area or the inner caves. It is a lot of fun.

I think my husband had kids to go on Pteradon Flyers, my daughter is about 1 1/2 inches too short right now, so we are just waiting for her to get tall enough for this and also roller coasters. Do you know if they have child swap? Would hate for us to wait in such a long line split up since my son won't be tall enough. I am hoping before our passes expire in August she will be tall enough.

NO I don't think it does. The station building is only really tiny and it only big enough to fit the small station and the ride controls, and then there is the exit. You might be able to ask them if you could do it.

kong Flume? Details!!

Well since Jaws went seasonal years ago, they were supposedly looking into a more cost-effective attraction to eventually replace Jaws...and there was a plan to bring Kong back to the Studios with a flume-style ride. What I was told was that it was going to be a ride utilizing both screens and animatronics...idk about any full scale Kong ones though.

As far as I know the ride never made it out of blue sky phase...and then Potter 2.0 came along and that ride concept went bye bye.

I think the restrictions were set in place to help cut down on the wait times. I believe initially it was open for everyone but then changed to what it is now, if im not mistaken. My oldest just hit 36" so she can ride it now :happy:

My oldest hit 36" last fall and I rode Pteranodon flyers for the first time it's a lot of fun. It is kind of scary because your child sits in front of you barely out of arms reach and once you hit the turns it'll freak you out worrying about your child the first time.

My oldest hit 36" last fall and I rode Pteranodon flyers for the first time it's a lot of fun. It is kind of scary because your child sits in front of you barely out of arms reach and once you hit the turns it'll freak you out worrying about your child the first time.

This is a very cool observation that I had never heard before. I can imagine the worry machine cranking in bigtime... and then the smiles when you get off. Now that is a theme park ride experience!

Reactions: wdwparksfan
Straight from the Spirit.

"OK, this is news, but not Disney-related per se, although since folks have asked about it ... have it on very solid info that the JP E-Ticket at IOA will be a hypercoaster (B&M?) attraction ... and the other will be a walk-through interactive experience (more C-Ticket) that stretches down to the water from the old Trike Encounter locale."

Now this is more like it, thank you UNI!

^I wouldn't get my hopes up just yet. Everything seems very fluid with this project until permits start being filed and work starts. We've just heard too many different ideas.

A hypercoaster.... you see, this is exactly what IOA doesn't need :bang: I'll wait until more details emerge, but Spirit is a pretty respected insider.

^I wouldn't get my hopes up just yet. Everything seems very fluid with this project until permits start being filed and work starts. We've just heard too many different ideas.

It's better then what was said before IMO, though yes I know not to get my hopes up yet.

- - - Updated - - -

A hypercoaster.... you see, this is exactly what IOA doesn't need :bang: I'll wait until more details emerge, but Spirit is a pretty respected insider.

Well it depends, if it's barebones DC type then I agree but if it is a well themed ride then I welcome it with open arms.

As I've posted on WDWMagic, I simply do not like the idea of it. Sorry for those who want more thrills, but Islands of Adventure doesn't need another major thrill ride and it doesn't need a new ride that would invade on the theming of Jurassic Park.

From Spirit over at WDWMagic:

OK, this is news, but not Disney-related per se, although since folks have asked about it ... have it on very solid info that the JP E-Ticket at IOA will be a hypercoaster (B&M?) attraction ... and the other will be a walk-through interactive experience (more C-Ticket) that stretches down to the water from the old Trike Encounter locale.

Then I wonder if Spirit's terminology is correct, mainly because I can't see something that big fitting behind Thunder Falls.
That may be possible. On B&M's website they also do not specify a base height for their Hyper Coaster model, so it could just be a smaller, non-looping coaster. Even if it does fit, I cannot imagine the folks over at Dr. Philips High School being all that pleased either.

That may be possible. On B&M's website they also do not specify a base height for their Hyper Coaster model, so it could just be a smaller, non-looping coaster. Even if it does fit, I cannot imagine the folks over at Dr. Philips High School being all that pleased either.

I'm thinking he might just be referring to a regular non looping coaster. (And what I was referring to.)

Not sure if it'll be looping or not, but from what he says, it's not looking like it'll be a family coaster anymore. However, this project seems to be fluctuating daily.

From Spirit over at WDWMagic:

OK, this is news, but not Disney-related per se, although since folks have asked about it ... have it on very solid info that the JP E-Ticket at IOA will be a hypercoaster (B&M?) attraction ... and the other will be a walk-through interactive experience (more C-Ticket) that stretches down to the water from the old Trike Encounter locale.

I wouldn't be one to complain about a B&M going anywhere, but this seems like strange idea for JP. :shrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.