Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 416 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think I have. I still think it's a woody. But it wouldn't surprise me if it was Intamin, given their history with Universal for the last few coaster projects.

My mistake, I thought you had been one of the people said that.

Intamin built El Toro...so I'd be cool with that. I just don't see it being anything but steel going over the water.

Reactions: Ryno27
I just don't understand the decision (if true) of building a wooden coaster. Besides weather being a factor, Universal operates their rides frequently and I don't know how a wooden coaster can handle it without lots of maintenance.

It made more sense when the rumor was a smaller, themed, family coaster. But yea, I agree. A big scream machine woody doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

It made more sense when the rumor was a smaller, themed, family coaster. But yea, I agree. A big scream machine woody doesn't make a whole lot of sense.

Makes more sense than another Intamin Blitz, tbh.

Okay, let me try and explain my POV a bit more. Why would they get another coaster that’s extremely similar to two coasters they already have (they already have an Intamin Blitz and a launched looping coaster), and not go with a formula that worked well at a similar park? Not to mention you won’t have to file any trademarks, the coaster would look great on the ground, and works great from a PR standpoint.

I’m not saying that an Intamin Blitz wouldn’t be a great coaster, because it would probably be awesome. But it’d work better at FW or USF, as opposed to here.

Last edited:
I could maybe see them upgrading the raptors. Otherwise? I doubt it.
Lets say that JW trademark they filed is for Islands and not for Hollywood and they theme the coaster to JW in some capacity. Why wouldnt they just do what they are doing on the west coast to our River Adventure

Lets say that JW trademark they filed is for Islands and not for Hollywood and they theme the coaster to JW in some capacity. Why wouldnt they just do what they are doing on the west coast to our River Adventure

I would imagine they would. I just don't think a lot of the existing AAs in USH will change significantly either

Doubt it. A 200 ft. coaster section will be seen from Hogsmeade and that's the last thing Uni wants. It also is ruining the division between Kong and JP. From a creative standpoint, I don't like this at all. From a thrill seekers standpoint, I am interested.
I think PFlyers and Thunder Falls already ruins the division between Kong and JP

Status
Not open for further replies.