Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 517 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The ride will have rock work, I've been told in confidence about this. My question is why this whole "hide large coaster elements" angle. There's a weird obsession with hiding the fact this is a roller coaster. It's a big coater across the lagoon that draws people to the back of the park, why hide it? Let the coaster be a coaster.
No, all coasters must be in mountains or themed to mountains...See 'The Great Orlando Decree of 1876'

Serious question. If it was the exact same layout, launches, speed, ride vehicles, etc. But themed to the 9s, would you like the coaster less?

It’s fine if people want butt kicking, heart racing coasters. I think they should have those, 100%. But it’s not like theming takes away from that element.
It’s not and/or. They can coexist.

I was trying to figure out how a Saved by the Bell coaster would fit in JP before realizing I read the question wrong. But quality of design is, by it's nature, subjective.

Some people do like exposed coaster tracks, myself included when it's done tastefully. Hopefully that'll be the case for this project. I would need to look at completely different projects for their own merits. There is simply not enough space around the footprint of this coaster to theme it not to look like a coaster.

A point I made a while back is this will be lightly themed to fit the area, which is itself a themepark anyways. But the point of what you've quoted was there is demand for more thrilling attractions. Not just from locals that don't have a Six Flags nearby, but also out-of-towners who want a variety of attractions.

Everytime Universal announces a new ride/shows concept art/people approach a ride line...Everyone asks if it's a coaster...Sure, it's what people know...But you can't deny that people love coasters

Reactions: SkiBum and JoshO
People travel for new roller coasters all the time. If the coaster breaks any records the coaster crowd will come. Personally I’m more excited to have a new super thrill ride in Orlando. I don’t need a story to have fun on a roller coaster.

I never said that it will not increase sales. I'm sure anyone within a four hour distance will come to ride this coaster. I think it is going to be very popular in Orlando. I lived in Orlando for a year and as little time as that was I noticed the enthusiasm for new rides. Will someone travel across the United States for it? I don't think so.

Not sure I'd agree, the culture may be different here in the UK but we have recently opened Wicker Man at Alton towers.

Before Wicker Man the park was seriously struggling with the aftermath of The Smiler and many ride closures, now its absolutely thriving and I know many people who are not enthusiasts who have traveled simply for the coaster.

That is very interesting! Could be a culture difference. I would travel a few hours for an unthemed roller coaster that breaks records but not 1400 miles for it. I haven't been to Universal since 2014 ( sad face) when diagon alley was already open and now I'm going next fall for the Harry Potter themed coaster. It is too expensive for multiple trips, especially if you want to travel for other experiences. I feel like majority of the public outside of Orlando and theme park enthusiasts think the same.

That is very interesting! Could be a culture difference. I would travel a few hours for an unthemed roller coaster that breaks records but not 1400 miles for it. I haven't been to Universal since 2014 ( sad face) when diagon alley was already open and now I'm going next fall for the Harry Potter themed coaster. It is too expensive for multiple trips, especially if you want to travel for other experiences. I feel like majority of the public outside of Orlando and theme park enthusiasts think the same.
I'm not sure this attraction is meant to bring a 15 percent increase in attendance...The blessing of added capacity to IOA will be a huge plus of this attraction...As well as attracting passholders to continue to renew, as well as locals coming back to marathon it...The added benefit for people to have something new to do (that are there anyway) is a win

@Alicia - did they make it the DC exit only just hours after your other pictures?

I emailed UOR last week when the walls went up and asked if I could buy those claw lanterns if they were going to scrap them. They only said that what is being done is proprietary information and nothing is for sale currently

Hopefully they end up in the Prop shop. Those things are probably a decent weight.

Status
Not open for further replies.