Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 757 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not the 4th!!!
I've literally only seen that rumor in two places: Bio on Twitter as speculation, and @TheWalkingDad on here. Not saying it's not gonna happen on the 4th, but I just don't see why they'd do it to be honest. If the coaster was announced, maybe. I just don't see them doing anything with any iota of pomp and circumstance for something they don't admit exists. But, I've been wrong before, and don't mind being wrong again.

I've literally only seen that rumor in two places: Bio on Twitter as speculation, and @TheWalkingDad on here. Not saying it's not gonna happen on the 4th, but I just don't see why they'd do it to be honest. If the coaster was announced, maybe. I just don't see them doing anything with any iota of pomp and circumstance for something they don't admit exists. But, I've been wrong before, and don't mind being wrong again.
Oh I was mainly joking regarding that rumor hahaha but who knows maybe it is what they'll do

Not going to share said video on here, but I've noticed a trend in people taking pictures and videos inside the park of Velocicoaster over the construction barriers. Is this not frowned upon anymore?

It is frowned upon posting such shots here. Otherwise, there isn’t much that Uni can do except say stop, and these days... they want the customers to be happy. It should be the least of their worries in these “challenging” [hackneyed] times.

Not going to share said video on here, but I've noticed a trend in people taking pictures and videos inside the park of Velocicoaster over the construction barriers. Is this not frowned upon anymore?

I’m sure @Brian G. will explain it better but it’s safe not to post it since it’s from a restricted place.

If universal see it, the forum gets in trouble and given the content of the site, best not bite the hand that feeds you.

edit: There is a video where the gate has been left open and I don't think the person actually enters the area. Would this be allowed?

Last edited:
Reactions: JoeCamel
I get it's a super cool project and as a videographer I totally understand the quest to "get the shot" but it's a little excessive to just sit there filming over the wall when we get fantastic high resolution aerial images to look at on the regular. I remember seeing one where a guy was working some heavy equipment by Camp Jurassic and he had a camera in his face practically. I would'a flipped him the bird if I was the construction worker.

I appreciate all content on this project, but I just don't wanna see that behavior normalized. Hell, I remember being yelled at for doing that very thing without a camera as a child. Even as an adult I was threatened for walking up the H.E. exit to get a peak at Hagrid's.

I've never come remotely close to posting a construction shot here or anywhere, but my thoughts are this:

Walls exist to keep people out, not prohibit them from seeing things. The reason they use solid wood instead of something like scrimmed chain link is 1) it's harder to scale, 2) looks cleaner and 3) sturdier.

You don't want people who are being sensible to take a picture over a wall? Build a taller wall. You left a door open? Your bad.
If people do non-sensical things like standing on benches, going off marked paths, or other unsafe/not allowed things, then yeah, do something about them.

You don't want people who are being sensible to take a picture over a wall? Build a taller wall. You left a door open? Your bad.
If people do non-sensical things like standing on benches, going off marked paths, or other unsafe/not allowed things, then yeah, do something about them.
The walls Universal uses are at least 7ft tall. 98% of the time, the only way to see over them is to do the nonsensical things you described.

I've never come remotely close to posting a construction shot here or anywhere, but my thoughts are this:

Walls exist to keep people out, not prohibit them from seeing things. The reason they use solid wood instead of something like scrimmed chain link is 1) it's harder to scale, 2) looks cleaner and 3) sturdier.

The solid walls also stop the construction workers feeling like they're inside a zoo exhibit.

The walls Universal uses are at least 7ft tall. 98% of the time, the only way to see over them is to do the nonsensical things you described.

It wouldn't be difficult to lift your arm up and easily look over a 7ft wall with your camera or phone.

edit: just to point out, I’m not endorsing this idea, just that it can be easily done.

Last edited:
The solid walls also stop the construction workers feeling like they're inside a zoo exhibit.

It wouldn't be difficult to lift your arm up and easily look over a 7ft wall with your camera or phone.

edit: just to point out, I’m not endorsing this idea, just that it can be easily done.
It was happening with selfie sticks.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
I am quite certain they are off-the-shelf 4’x8’ sheets of plywood with 1”x4” trim board for strength. No cutting necessary except for custom connections.

The construction walls are actually pretty nice for this project.

Looks like a solar powered light in each vertical support.

Reactions: WillQ92
Well the fact that there's now a crane capable of lifting the top hat in place...it very well could happen, if not a little bit earlier than my friend at universal creative told me. But it's not really all that surprising. It could have a topping off ceremony on the fourth. Crane is in place and all they gotta do is get the track in position to lift it up. Just saying.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Status
Not open for further replies.