Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 76 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rode it today and by far the best its looked in years! Oh! I dont know if this is new for yall but it was for me, JRPA has a single riders line! I was shocked :lol: It saved us about an hour of waiting lol. Dinos looked great, paint looked great as well, some of the dinos were still a bit iffy on timing but overall it was wonderful!

Oh and of course, Tiffany got her arm back :thumbs:

Seems like this was a fail of a refurb...

Rode it today and by far the best its looked in years! Oh! I dont know if this is new for yall but it was for me, JRPA has a single riders line! I was shocked :lol: It saved us about an hour of waiting lol. Dinos looked great, paint looked great as well, some of the dinos were still a bit iffy on timing but overall it was wonderful!

Fail? Ehh not so much...

Sounds like the refurb was a major success! Glad to hear that the ride is looking so great.

yeah, I am surprised that OI posted such a 'knowing without facts' statement like that.
As mentioned a few pages back, anytime they start a tweet with "PARK NEWZ ALERT", it's them just joking around based on rumors normally.

You don't open a refurbed ride without the main show piece working correctly, I'd say I was justified at the time. But it does sound good now and hope it will be when I go next week!

Just sayin the arm was installed the night before you made the comment :lol:

IDK they almost lost credibility with me, before y'all pointed out NEWZ meant it was intended as a joke.

Yeah I still don't get the confusion part myself, seems some people just try to jump on something and hope they broke the news first. Just FYI as well there are several corrosion mitigation projects for all of JP lined up over the next month on the island.

You don't open a refurbed ride without the main show piece working correctly, I'd say I was justified at the time. But it does sound good now and hope it will be when I go next week!

You open every ride you can for a holiday weekend. Even if a major show piece isn't 100%. If it works and people want to ride it then use it to get people off the streets.

Can't say I care for the quality of it. But the fact of life at a busy theme park is that it's a trade off. And with the part delayed, it's better to get people on the ride then get the complaints.

Im laughing because the ride was fully operational for the busy weekend yet some complain that they opened too soon. They accomplished there goal with a minor setback. The ride is back to normal and it looks fantastic sooooo cut! check! print the gate! moving on

You open every ride you can for a holiday weekend. Even if a major show piece isn't 100%. If it works and people want to ride it then use it to get people off the streets.

Can't say I care for the quality of it. But the fact of life at a busy theme park is that it's a trade off. And with the part delayed, it's better to get people on the ride then get the complaints.

Exactly. Tourists from out of town would rather ride the ride with a couple screwed up show elements than not ride at all, especially when if they can't ride at all they're not sure what they're going to be missing.

Bottomline is that IOA is a park very heavy on headliners, with little fluff to pick up the slack if they need to close one of the headliners down. So for the Holiday Weekend kicking off the Summer Season, if there is ANY way possible to have the ride open, they will. IOA's carrying capacity is borderline as it is, and having one of the headliners down isn't really an option.

Bottomline is that IOA is a park very heavy on headliners, with little fluff to pick up the slack if they need to close one of the headliners down. So for the Holiday Weekend kicking off the Summer Season, if there is ANY way possible to have the ride open, they will. IOA's carrying capacity is borderline as it is, and having one of the headliners down isn't really an option.

Which is why they should have had more smaller offerings built since Potter opened.:thumbs:

Rode JPRA yesterday. Overall it was great. The new dino skins looked great, as expected. I really wish they could add some trees or bushes to hide the first dino. It sits there awkwardly still for awhile before moving.

The crate dropped perfectly and several people in the boat freaked out.

Status
Not open for further replies.