Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 796 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She's dead... wrapped in plastic..... (sorry it just popped in there when I saw that) LOL
Still one of the best TV pilot episodes ever.

Now back to the coaster.

I think one of the preshows is Dr. Henry Wu in the lab. And a second being a velociraptor AA in muzzle. I figure the other queue rooms will be some sort of dino exhibits/displays. I was thinking that since Universal chose this over the river ride redo, what you guys would think about one of the rooms in the queue being a hallway with one "glass" wall looking into the Mosasaur tank?

I was thinking that since Universal chose this over the river ride redo, what you guys would think about one of the rooms in the queue being a hallway with one "glass" wall looking into the Mosasaur tank?
My dream implementation for mosasaur would either be:
  • Second launch on the coaster, the train speeds passed a bank of underwater viewing windows and the mosasaur speeds along side us as we fly by. Or..
  • Theme the backside of the FJ lockers to a bank of underwater viewing windows kinda like SeaWorld and the Orcas. Every once and a while she swims up and bumps and cracks the glass, causing a nice cool spray on a hot day.
I'd opt for the second one, and use it as an opportunity to block some of the HP stuff from the JP sightlines.

There's quite a lot of footers not being utilised yet.

When the rumours for this started, I had a very basic idea of what I thought it would be like and then the track was almost complete and the idea changed to something better. Now, my mind is completely blown and there is probably another 5 months of additional rock work and theming to be done before work really starts on the interior and testing can begin.

No doubt about it, this is a statement attraction by Universal.

There's quite a lot of footers not being utilised yet.

When the rumours for this started, I had a very basic idea of what I thought it would be like and then the track was almost complete and the idea changed to something better. Now, my mind is completely blown and there is probably another 5 months of additional rock work and theming to be done before work really starts on the interior and testing can begin.

No doubt about it, this is a statement attraction by Universal.

Agreed. I am shocked my the magnitude of this attraction.....Universal is definitely "all in" on this one. We are talking some serious $$$ here. The timing for an attraction like this couldn't be better as it will be THE marketing vessel for at least the next 2-3 years.

Still one of the best TV pilot episodes ever.

Now back to the coaster.

I think one of the preshows is Dr. Henry Wu in the lab. And a second being a velociraptor AA in muzzle. I figure the other queue rooms will be some sort of dino exhibits/displays. I was thinking that since Universal chose this over the river ride redo, what you guys would think about one of the rooms in the queue being a hallway with one "glass" wall looking into the Mosasaur tank?

Thats a cool idea. Had kinda assumed that area theyre working on the exterior of the queue building would be a glass viewing area of the coaster, but could they make that a screened Mosasaur pre show? Would add an extra cool dimension if this was an all round Dinosaur ride and not just a Raptor themed paddock ride.

EDIT: Looking at Bio's shots it looks like there are outlines for windows on that viewing area so it is likely to be glass in there for a viewing area of the coaster.

Last edited:
It shouldn't be surprising they were going all out for this. They were supposed to be up against a bunch of new attractions as part of the 50th celebration at Disney in 2021. They needed big guns for their shot to be heard and not lose market share. Competition is good for spurring growth and innovation. That's also why SeaWorld was going all out with the surf coaster a year after receiving Ice Breaker. Now Universal will have to come up with something for 2022 when the competition is ready with new capex again...

Don't forget this was also part of the strategy to keep people coming while EU was under construction as well.

They are shooting the new movie now .Do you think this coaster will be in it ? That maybe why they are pushing to finish it . A movie tie in would be very good advertising for this..
Timing the debut of this with the of the opening of the film is ideal, but I doubt the ride will have anything tying it to this new film.

Reactions: universal_fanatic
It shouldn't be surprising they were going all out for this. They were supposed to be up against a bunch of new attractions as part of the 50th celebration at Disney in 2021. They needed big guns for their shot to be heard and not lose market share. Competition is good for spurring growth and innovation. That's also why SeaWorld was going all out with the surf coaster a year after receiving Ice Breaker. Now Universal will have to come up with something for 2022 when the competition is ready with new capex again...

Don't forget this was also part of the strategy to keep people coming while EU was under construction as well.
Has anyone else thought about the fact that Disney put a brand new modern coaster right beside a 50 year old coaster? Ride numbers for space mountain are going to plummet and they'll have to do something to get people to ride it.

Has anyone else thought about the fact that Disney put a brand new modern coaster right beside a 50 year old coaster? Ride numbers for space mountain are going to plummet and they'll have to do something to get people to ride it.
You've got that backwards. Tron will draw more people to that part of the park and once they see that it's a 3 hour wait to get on Tron, they'll just get in line for Space Mountain since it's next door. If anything, I think Space's numbers will go up.

I wish it would mean that. Maybe then they'd actually rebuild Space Mountain like it needs

Status
Not open for further replies.