Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 853 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean, the main structure for the Jurassic Park ride is a giant unthemed concrete maintenance building. It looks okay up close cause it's got boats spitting out of it and rockwork next to it, but it is still themed as a large concrete maintenance building.

I don't know why I found that so funny.

I don't think it stands out that much given the industrial design of the land anyway.

It would be so easy to hide it if they wanted to. Hell, cover it in a giant camouflage net and it would look better.
Well that's what i'm saying. The show building for River Adventure is HUGE. But it is themed to the land in it's own way. It would just take a few nights worth of paint to make the back of the FJ show building camouflage into the land very easily.

Just put one of those big circular grey JW Dino logos on the corner, paint the AC ducts dark grey, and add some foliage. Done.

Maybe @Scott W. Could give a pre-viz of what that would look like.
Exactly. Paint it grey and put a logo on it and it fits in fine.

Just put one of those big circular grey JW Dino logos on the corner, paint the AC ducts dark grey, and add some foliage. Done.

Maybe @Scott W. Could give a pre-viz of what that would look like.

Even just making the walls a darker grey and adding the logo seems to do the trick.

jp without roof.jpg

Could add something at the top like the roof from the coaster. Make a pretend helicopter landing pad as a tribute to the ride that never got made.

jp logo roof.jpg

Even just making the walls a darker grey and adding the logo seems to do the trick.

View attachment 13550

Could add something at the top like the roof from the coaster. Make a pretend helicopter landing pad as a tribute to the ride that never got made.

View attachment 13551
Could be done literally overnight and it looks so much better and like it belongs in the land.

I don't think it stands out that much given the industrial design of the land anyway.

It would be so easy to hide it if they wanted to. Hell, cover it in a giant camouflage net and it would look better.

View attachment 13550

View attachment 13551

i agree that they can easily fix it with something simple as masking it as a Jurassic World holding facility--similar to how they themed the Beijing E-Ticket building.

Everything for the VelociCoaster is great, but I this last photo is just glaring in how much the FJ building stands out. All they would have to do is paint that greys and blues (and maybe add a few more palms) and it would fit it in with the land, but as in, it sticks out like a sore thumb. And yes, I know i'm being nit-picky, but this is a theme park and we should expect better.

But just regarding the VelociCoaster stuff, it looks great as I said.
EntkYDsWEAAhaaS

I agree, I also think some bamboo there would help also. I wonder if there's a legal reason they can't paint it, like if it has to do with any building considered "in" WWoHP they have to get WB approval or something.

Reactions: Nick

The raptor on top of the rock next to the S-curve is guarding eggs.

The plants at the base of the drop really complete that part. I also like how the pathway along the lagoon is coming along.

I’m hoping this is going to be a big planter next to the hut.

Glad they’re letting some natural light into this section of the queue.

Last edited:
I didn’t even notice it until everyone started complaining about and trying to fix it...
After thinking about it, JPRA is kind of one big exposed showbuilding

Still though, some bamboo would cure my perfectionist side

Side Note: I'm going to predict that the best seat on this ride will be back row right side

You are going to get flung over that top hat

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.