Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 913 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The proximity of the track to the bridge doesn't really matter as much as the vehicles direction and speed. Only really issue would be guests throwing stuff at the riders, nets aren't always necessary if the layout is designed well.

Correct. I believe that's why they had to stop the near-misses on DD. The cars were barreling towards each other so any loose object would do serious damage. It's much more forceful that way.

I keep seeing people talk about the story of the ride. Didn't one of the early releases say something about going on a hunt with raptors? I always assumed this was something like the scene in the first JW where Owen was training the raptors to hunt with humans. Owen and the team were all in all-terrain vehicles and riding through the jungle along side Blue and the rest of the pack as they hunted. Seems to make the most sense to me. We are in JW vehicles rushing through the jungle with a pack of raptors on a hunt. And then I assume something goes wrong. Which would be a first in JP/JW world..
I think we are literally on a roller coaster ride that runs alongside the raptors. They said “feel the rush of the hunt” which is PR speak for feel like a Raptor if you ask me.

This is from the official press release:

Guests will join the original cast of the films – Chris Pratt as Owen Grady, Bryce Dallas Howard as Claire Dearing and BD Wong as Dr. Henry Wu – as Jurassic World unveils the next evolution of its “carnivore expansion”: the VelociCoaster, where riders embark on a high-speed chase and feel the rush of the hunt while racing alongside a nimble Velociraptor pack.

What if the coaster is pitched in-story as an enrichment activity akin to zoos having their Cheetahs chase a fake rabbit on a wire? Like they realized the Raptors enjoy running along with Owen on his motorcycle, so they made a permanent solution for that. The Raptors chase the coaster around the enclosure... until something inevitably goes wrong.

I'm just brainstorming. When what they've built looks that good, my level of what I expect from a story in a theme park ride- especially a roller coaster- is significantly lower.

Could you imagine someone standing out front of the coaster waving the pass yelling " let me in, I have a pass"

I think there are many, many people who have no idea what to do when they get to a theme park. All of us on here are but a small cross-sample of society.

And I love everyone who posts here just for that reason! :cheers:

wwc.jpg

I don't think they have any single rider lines open with social distancing do they?

the one time I was at the parks, single rider or even the idea of 'mixing parties' was gone for social distancing. I did not ride something like Minions, but I bet they no longer group folks the same . Anyway, you are correct that social distance rules have stopped single rider opportunities.

I was wondering what everyone's views are about this:

So with the upcoming blockout dates, I dont think there will be any soft openings because it will be very busy at the parks. I have a feeling that they will start the softs right at the tail end of the blockouts or right after, because there will be less crowds. I also do believe that during blockouts would be a great time to start having official TM previews, which would give around a month for TMs before normal softs and would allow soft openings to begin early/mid-april.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.