Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 935 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Booked for May 15th-19th here, fingers crossed for something, but if I miss the window I've got my HHN trip with the family in September...and the possibility of booking a quick weekend trip anytime after the coaster is officially open.

Someone who has (supposedly) ridden it is answering questions on this Reddit thread:

‘It was great! A lot faster than I expected it to be, you don't really get a ton of time to appreciate the set pieces/show scenes. I think it is one of the better coasters I've ever been on, and I suspect it'll become a favorite for most. The show scenes are static raptors and very detailed rock work. I did get a tour of the entire queue, I thought it was great, and there are two sections that will definitely become photo/video spots for guests. The plot is you are running with the raptors, that's pretty much it. I was able to ride because of my job.’

Sounds like there's something in the queue that moves. The first scene on the ride is screens.

:ack:

I guess it’s no big deal, really. There’s precedent for a JW/JP coaster without animatronics. I’m a bit let down because of how amazing the Blue AA looks at USH and how good Hagrid turned out.

:ack:

I guess it’s no big deal, really. There’s precedent for a JW/JP coaster without animatronics. I’m a bit let down because of how amazing the Blue AA looks at USH and how good Hagrid turned out.
From those that have ridden it, it sounds fast and fun.

TMs, you know where to find the link.
Screenshot-20210427-150857-Chrome.jpg

Booked for May 15th-19th here, fingers crossed for something, but if I miss the window I've got my HHN trip with the family in September...and the possibility of booking a quick weekend trip anytime after the coaster is officially open.

Same here, we will miss the 10th by six days. Hoping for some consistent softs or rehearsals in late May. All we ask is to ride it one time. We only get to Universal once every three years or so (traveling from MO :down: )

Same here, we will miss the 10th by six days. Hoping for some consistent softs or rehearsals in late May. All we ask is to ride it one time. We only get to Universal once every three years or so (traveling from MO :down: )
I hope it works out for you. Sometimes they use the week before official opening to do a final cleanup and to hold a media preview so it may not be in softs. Sometimes they don't though. Didn't Brian say he was out of town about then?

Status
Not open for further replies.