Jurassic World VelociCoaster - General Discussion | Page 17 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
This adds nothing to the discussion, but I have to say... as someone that hasn't been in a few years with a pass I need to activate, I cannot wait to ride this and Hagrid's later this year. Carry on, and glad everyone seems to be enjoying it :lol:

We were lucky enough to ride VC two times in our visit last week. This is a big deal because we don't live near Florida and its a huge investment to get to Universal (or Disney). Its an every 3-4 year journey. The fact that my family was all able to ride it more than once during softs was great and we didn't take it for granted.

Kudos to Ops and the Staff for pulling this off. Its an amazing experience. We were crushed when we learned it would open June 10, after we got back home. Super grateful we were able to ride. Last thing - I love the energy and enthusiasm when the train comes back to the station. People are cheering and high fiving, people in line are cheering and high fiving, its really cool. The ride is that good. Must be cool and rewarding for the engineers and designers to see the happy faces and how much happiness this ride brings to riders.

Other Last thing. Each time we rode, it had a 60 minute wait time. First time we were boarding after 25 minutes (we skipped the lockers because someone held our stuff). The second time it took around 45 minutes to ride. So its either inflated wait times, really good Ops, or both.

Bottom line, Great Job to Universal on such a fantastic ride.

Anyone have any insight as to "opening day" lines? Trying to plan how early to get there. I'm assuming itll be similiar to hagrids opening?

Anyone have any insight as to "opening day" lines? Trying to plan how early to get there. I'm assuming itll be similiar to hagrids opening?
Why would it be 8 hours? Hasn’t it been open for a month now? Correct me if I’m wrong but hagrids didn’t have any soft opening. Maybe busy but not hagrids crazy. Am I off in this line of thinking?

Reactions: Parkscope Joe

My guess is lines will be longer but not by a crazy amount. Probably most people will be there for the ceremony. Universal says the parking garage will open at 7am.

Need some opinions!

We are headed to the parks on the 10th and are staying on site, not for VC (previously scheduled trip, too many variables to reschedule), but would like to go to Hogsmeade that day.

Better to go into IOA and got through Seuss, or go to USF and take HE over?

I realize it will be busy, we just dont want to eat up a ton of time getting trapped in lines for a ride we are NOT trying to ride that day.

* VC is awesome no question, we've ridden several times throughout Softs and love it, will probably try to ride over the weekend but want to steer clear of the hoopla on Thurs.

Need some opinions!

We are headed to the parks on the 10th and are staying on site, not for VC (previously scheduled trip, too many variables to reschedule), but would like to go to Hogsmeade that day.

Better to go into IOA and got through Seuss, or go to USF and take HE over?

I realize it will be busy, we just dont want to eat up a ton of time getting trapped in lines for a ride we are NOT trying to ride that day.

* VC is awesome no question, we've ridden several times throughout Softs and love it, will probably try to ride over the weekend but want to steer clear of the hoopla on Thurs.
HE has had some pretty long lines for a good while. So, you probably need to put that into your time equation.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
Random horrifying thought but....Dueling Dragons stopped dueling after someone threw or accidently lost coins out of their pocket (not sure which one) and it hit someone else on the opposite car and blinded them.

The Mosasaurus roll is right in front of guests, all of whom haven’t emptied their pockets yet to board. If someone wanted to be a jerk, they could throw something at the car as it whizzes by.

Don’t want to believe someone would be heartless enough to do that but given humanity’s stupidity I can’t discount it. I wonder if nets will be put up at some point.
God I hate that I was right about this...

97E3B077-56F7-433F-8472-0906EA1214C2.jpeg

• Sad
Reactions: TheCodeMan95