Jurassic World VelociCoaster - General Discussion | Page 20 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The touchdown after the top hat I’m assuming? Yea.

I’m hoping the Team Member position will be enough that they don’t need to add the glass all along the waterfront, but we shall see.

Interesting (to me) in that the team member was there when I rode during the passholder preview. I sort of figured someone would always be in that area to keep the queue from that section.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
Two things.

1) The airtime you get in the back, especially on the drop, is INSANE.

2) The raptor animatronics in the queue and especially in the first launch tunnel look great.

Reactions: tielo
Two things.

1) The airtime you get in the back, especially on the drop, is INSANE.

2) The raptor animatronics in the queue and especially in the first launch tunnel look great.
The first launch scene uses four large screens to display the raptors. They aren’t physical figures.

Did you actually roll backwards down the top hat? I've never seen what happens before it comes to a stop in launch two, but we were in the station and saw the relaunch from the monitors in the control booth. Watched them manually jog the train forwards and backwards a whole bunch of times before it finally relaunched. I'm super jealous, we were only two trains away from being on that one.

Last edited:
Did you actually roll backwards down the top hat? I've never seen what happens before it comes to a stop in launch two, but we were in the station and saw the relaunch from the monitors in the control booth. Watched them manually jog the train forwards and backwards a whole bunch of times before it finally relaunched. I'm super jealous, we were only two trains away from being on that one.
Haha yep I was on that train, not an exact rollback but we did stop, then rollback out of the 2nd launch and back into it

Finally got to ride this thing. I won’t repeat what everyone’s already said, it’s amazing and probably the best roller coaster in Florida, if not the US as a whole (although my park experience outside of the state is limited).

Couple things that surprised me even after reading so many reviews:
-Queue aesthetic is incredible and really sets the tone for an intense experience, which is hard to do for jaded adult theme park fans.
-The first launch scene is very cool and even a little scary…good enough show scene for me.
-Headchoppers in the first section are the first on any ride to make me say “oh crap” and duck down.
-The big drop really isn’t that intense, but sitting toward the back, it was kind of unnerving slowing down while twisting up vertically before being whipped over the top.
-Second favorite element was the criss-cross sort of thing as you spin around the bridge, which had a nice whip and some surprising airtime…first favorite was, of course, the final barrel roll.

I was honestly disappointed with Hagrid’s…I think it’s a great ride but doesn’t do roller coaster OR thematic storytelling particularly well (the whole > sum of its parts) but everything about Velocicoaster just clicks. I loved it.

Rode 3 times on Friday, 1 time in the front and 2 times in the back. Such an incredible experience from start to finish. The coaster doesn’t let up, which is the best thing you can say about a coaster. The paddock portion has much more airtime than I was expecting, and in the back of the train you really get whipped around in the curves. But the second half is some of the best 30-ish seconds of coaster out there. Incredible what this team fit into that spot. If I was Uni I’d be letting them design a replacement for Rockit ASAP.

Queue is also very nice. The AAs are crazy how articulated they are.

Rode 3 times on Friday, 1 time in the front and 2 times in the back. Such an incredible experience from start to finish. The coaster doesn’t let up, which is the best thing you can say about a coaster. The paddock portion has much more airtime than I was expecting, and in the back of the train you really get whipped around in the curves. But the second half is some of the best 30-ish seconds of coaster out there. Incredible what this team fit into that spot. If I was Uni I’d be letting them design a replacement for Rockit ASAP.

Queue is also very nice. The AAs are crazy how articulated they are.

The beginning of the ride is wonderful, but you’re right. Those last 30 seconds or so (from the 2nd launch on) are as good as any coaster I’ve ever been on.