Jurassic World VelociCoaster - General Discussion | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Anyone have a back row review....particularly the back right seat?
Isn't that where @Disneyhead rode?
Yes, that is where I rode. Where this coaster differs from other Intamin Blitz coasters is that VC's trains are much longer than usual. That makes a HUGE difference to the ride experience in the back of the train. This thing whips and drags you around unlike any coaster I have ever ridden. Like in the first element half way through you get an intense "being pulled down towards the ground" sensation. There are negative Gs involved, but it's more than that. All pops of airtime become ejector airtime, particularly going over the top hat. And the forces as you are being drug through the Mosasaurus Roll make me think it's not really a heartline roll and more just a stretched out corkscrew.

Yes, that is where I rode. Where this coaster differs from other Intamin Blitz coasters is that VC's trains are much longer than usual. That makes a HUGE difference to the ride experience in the back of the train. This thing whips and drags you around unlike any coaster I have ever ridden. Like in the first element half way through you get an intense "being pulled down towards the ground" sensation. There are negative Gs involved, but it's more than that. All pops of airtime become ejector airtime, particularly going over the top hat. And the forces as you are being drug through the Mosasaurus Roll make me think it's not really a heartline roll and more just a stretched out corkscrew.
Ah yeah! I figured this coaster being so long would have a dramatic effect on that Intamin whip

Oh, I forgot to say that the least exciting element was the weird outer banked airtime hill in the helix. It was really kind of a nothing burger, but again being drug down out of the element was cool.
Which? The one before the roll or the one right after the stall?

Team members where letting whole parties in with one reservation at 8:00. I heard from a couple people 1 extra person is fine and the workers don’t care throughout the day

Rode today around 1230p was in line and done with the ride by 1250p. The cycling of the trains was absolutely spot on smooth. The coaster absolutely pulls a lot of Gs and the amount of air time and pulling out of your seat were too many to count. Easily the best coaster in FL rn

Do we think the lockers are ready for the big leagues yet...i.e. when the floodgates are open and anyone can ride at any time?

When did the Jurassic identity go from being charming and somewhat colorful, to sterile gray bars and blue neon lights. It's like the new theming was designed by a Twitch streamer or something. That queue line has all the charm of a Prison.

When did the Jurassic identity go from being charming and somewhat colorful, to sterile gray bars and blue neon lights. It's like the new theming was designed by a Twitch streamer or something. That queue line has all the charm of a Prison.

Jurassic-Park-Logo-History.jpg

Do we think the lockers are ready for the big leagues yet...i.e. when the floodgates are open and anyone can ride at any time?

Personal opinion is yes. I feel the flow to the lockers to store stuff works. We had a team member telling parties which bank to use to store, stuff (which helped in times of social distancing) on the pick up side, you have one train of folks getting their stuff -- I dunno, but I feel like it is part of the queue so it limits the flow of folks needing a locker as it feels like less of the free for alls that happen at the HP rides.

Were they still having everyone exit through the Discovery Center yesterday?
I’ve been watching like hundreds of YouTube videos so others who were there can actually confirm but it sure seems so, yes. Gotta have people see that merch