Knott's Berry Farm | Page 86 | Inside Universal Forums

Knott's Berry Farm

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Its already been discussed a bunch over the last decade that THAT coaster was the Hyper everyone wanted Knotts to get. I forget where but there was other quotes from Matt about how it was gonna ruin the parks vibe and themeing even more. Its also why we keep getting Hyper/Giga rumors because at one point we were very close to one being announced back then.

Honestly, the park doesn't need it. They need more rides, but not that.

Of course what's interesting & dumb, is that Camp Snoopy lost 4 rides (Timberline Twister, Camp Bus, Ferris Wheel & Huff n Puff) during the current renovation. Coaster for a coaster, flat ride for a flat ride. But still two less rides.

Honestly, the park doesn't need it. They need more rides, but not that.

Of course what's interesting & dumb, is that Camp Snoopy lost 4 rides (Timberline Twister, Camp Bus, Ferris Wheel & Huff n Puff) during the current renovation. Coaster for a coaster, flat ride for a flat ride. But still two less rides.

You're not wrong, but I bet capacity will be slightly higher overall or at least even.

First, Swing for Ferris wheel. I assume it has slightly better capacity, it loads 16 at a time, and probably has like a 90 sec cycle. Will def get through more people than the wheel. Plus better sight-lines

2nd - Huff and Puff was only like 6 kids every few minutes and only kids. Doubling the size of the jeep ride, will combine to more capacity than the old jeep ride and huff and puff.

3rd - Timberline Twister sat 12 people, the new coaster sits 20, so maybe not enough to also off-set the camp bus. But I think this new ride will def be more popular than both of those companied and should have a slight bigger and longer queues conatnlty. So id say they are even.

4th, we also don't know if the new train will also increase capacity ever so slightly. If its a "train ride" and not an actual train, maybe we get two slightly smaller trains instead of one.

5th, we get the new theater too which looks to be quite a bit bigger and I'm sure more people will chill there when there's not a show than they did before at the old stage

However, we do lose a sitting/rest area though, and yes we do still have 2 less rides. But overall its an improvement.

Reactions: Jake S and Wesker69
Don't ask me any other questions about what I think about living in this timeline.
The mic is open & waiting
Concert Sing GIF by Some Voices

I was at the park for half a day yesterday. It was quite crowded (as expected) and (unfortunately) Timber Mountain Log Ride is still quite closed for its seasonal refurbishment. Xcelerator is still running just one train with the other fully disassembled in the maintenance area.

Construction is moving along nicely in Camp Snoopy. The renovated gift shop looks quite nice and you can tell that, throughout the park, little maintenance projects have been completed. The fountain near Beary Tales was running as well as I've ever seen it and if you pay attention, you'll notice plenty of fresh paint around the park.

IMG_3132.jpegIMG_3131.jpeg

Montezooma's Revenge appears to be fully disassembled outside the station. There was no work actively happening, but I wouldn't think there's much of a rush at this point.

We really enjoy going for Boysenberry Festival but it's a bit of a bummer that so many food and drink stands don't open until after noon, especially on a crowded Sunday. I have a few theories on why they stagger the opening of their food stands, but it's kind of a shame that the park isn't fully open until a couple hours after the rope drops.

Anyway! Glad spring break is finally over so the opportunity for less crowded visits will return for a couple months.

I was at the park for half a day yesterday. It was quite crowded (as expected) and (unfortunately) Timber Mountain Log Ride is still quite closed for its seasonal refurbishment. Xcelerator is still running just one train with the other fully disassembled in the maintenance area.

Construction is moving along nicely in Camp Snoopy. The renovated gift shop looks quite nice and you can tell that, throughout the park, little maintenance projects have been completed. The fountain near Beary Tales was running as well as I've ever seen it and if you pay attention, you'll notice plenty of fresh paint around the park.

View attachment 21520View attachment 21521

Montezooma's Revenge appears to be fully disassembled outside the station. There was no work actively happening, but I wouldn't think there's much of a rush at this point.

We really enjoy going for Boysenberry Festival but it's a bit of a bummer that so many food and drink stands don't open until after noon, especially on a crowded Sunday. I have a few theories on why they stagger the opening of their food stands, but it's kind of a shame that the park isn't fully open until a couple hours after the rope drops.

Anyway! Glad spring break is finally over so the opportunity for less crowded visits will return for a couple months.
The renovated store in Camp Snoopy is really nice! A big improvement over what it was.

Reactions: Jake S