Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Knott's Berry Farm

the railroad storage area does take a good amount of space... Kings Island did something similar with SoB and The Bat prior to Banshee being announced..

Wasn't Pony Express rumored to be removed?
It would not break my heart if Pony Express gets the axe. I don’t hate it, I still enjoy riding it, but I’ll take something better. I don’t see how the train storage would relate as that’s at the other end of the park by supreme scream?

It would not break my heart if Pony Express gets the axe. I don’t hate it, I still enjoy riding it, but I’ll take something better. I don’t see how the train storage would relate as that’s at the other end of the park by supreme scream?

Food for thought, what if the next coaster is a Out-and-Back layout, taking the current railroad station?

Food for thought, what if the next coaster is a Out-and-Back layout, taking the current railroad station?
I don’t think there’s enough queue space in that area to justify taking the railway station

Never mind the fact that people would probably riot if they dropped the train

I don’t think there’s enough queue space in that area to justify taking the railway station

Never mind the fact that people would probably riot if they dropped the train
Something to think about: would they really want to remove two rides for a coaster? If they did, don’t you think we would’ve seen both of those rides represented in the graveyard?

Something to think about: would they really want to remove two rides for a coaster? If they did, don’t you think we would’ve seen both of those rides represented in the graveyard?
I think the railroad is iconically Knott’s and I just don’t see it disappearing

As well, there’s plenty of room for overflow queue at Pony Express while the current Railroad has less queue space overall and very little room for overflow without majorly reconfiguring the area

I think the railroad is iconically Knott’s and I just don’t see it disappearing

Something to note in the theme park industry, they're no such thing as iconic. Fan attachment means nothing to park management looking towards the horizon. Not saying it's going to be the Railroad, but I would not be surprised in the slightest.

Something to note in the theme park industry, they're no such thing as iconic. Fan attachment means nothing to park management looking towards the horizon. Not saying it's going to be the Railroad, but I would not be surprised in the slightest.
Most definitely accurate. Especially at Knotts haha. Reflection lake and the church anyone? The Haunted Shack? Although, with the direction they’ve been headed, really playing up their roots, especially when they wanted to celebrate 100 years of Knotts, removing something like the railroad seems odd... at least right now, and doesn’t jive with the way Knotts has been expanding recently. It could be related to ghost town alive, like a character tied to the train station, or scary farm... but this does intrigue me.

Most definitely accurate. Especially at Knotts haha. Reflection lake and the church anyone? The Haunted Shack? Although, with the direction they’ve been headed, really playing up their roots, especially when they wanted to celebrate 100 years of Knotts, removing something like the railroad seems odd... at least right now, and doesn’t jive with the way Knotts has been expanding recently. It could be related to ghost town alive, like a character tied to the train station, or scary farm... but this does intrigue me.
While I agree that nothing is sacred, we now have a lot of former Disney people helming Knott’s and since that changeover we have seen Calico Mine Train and the Log Flume receive updates, more emphasis on character/actor based events/shows, a dark ride built which is currently being remodeled to match and older attraction, and a park that has emphasized season pass holders

All of the noted changes occurred BEFORE the change in management

Honestly, I am not really worried about the train anyways as the logistics of it currently make zero sense from a capacity standpoint

It’s also still a popular ride with me seeing wait times every time I go

Pony Express I could see leaving, but it’s footprint is so tiny I don’t know what they would possibly add to the spot

While I agree that nothing is sacred, we now have a lot of former Disney people helming Knott’s and since that changeover we have seen Calico Mine Train and the Log Flume receive updates, more emphasis on character/actor based events/shows, a dark ride built which is currently being remodeled to match and older attraction, and a park that has emphasized season pass holders

All of the noted changes occurred BEFORE the change in management

Yes, that is exactly what I was saying, which is why I said this doesn’t make sense to me, not right now. Not with what Knotts has done recently. This isn’t 2003, was the point of my statement I think you might’ve missed haha.

But I agree 100% and don’t even really see the benefit of a new attraction there. That area can be a bit of a bottleneck as it is, adding another star attraction there might mess it up more.

Yes, that is exactly what I was saying, which is why I said this doesn’t make sense to me, not right now. Not with what Knotts has done recently. This isn’t 2003, was the point of my statement I think you might’ve missed haha.

But I agree 100% and don’t even really see the benefit of a new attraction there. That area can be a bit of a bottleneck as it is, adding another star attraction there might mess it up more.
Sorry, I meant to quote the post above you too as I was more reacting to that one and attempting to expound upon the idea you started. My apologies.

Not only does that area already serve as a bottleneck point, it also has a few food stand locations around it for the festivals and the stage right there sees year round usage.

There was also apparently some sort of deal struck at the time when Cedar Fair bought the park that Ghost Town could not be touched, but what counts as in and out on that deal (or if it even still survives) is beyond my

Perhaps, there could be a way that they can make an Out-and-Back that is directly above the railroad track, themed to act as a Ghost Train in the Sky? Build supports to allow the railway to stay as it is.
Maybe?

The train is a real operating steam engine (you can see them fill it with water every so often) so I wonder if that would somehow impact what could go above it?

I am genuinely not sure on that score, but I like the idea

Sorry, I meant to quote the post above you too as I was more reacting to that one and attempting to expound upon the idea you started. My apologies.

Not only does that area already serve as a bottleneck point, it also has a few food stand locations around it for the festivals and the stage right there sees year round usage.

There was also apparently some sort of deal struck at the time when Cedar Fair bought the park that Ghost Town could not be touched, but what counts as in and out on that deal (or if it even still survives) is beyond my

Haha no worries. That’s interesting ive never heard of that deal before, but I imagine it exists. I know that stipulation is applied to independence hall which was Walter Knotts other pride and joy, along with ghost town, so it makes sense. And makes me happy as well.

^^Also I do kind of like the idea of the ghost train in the sky. As long as it doesn’t intrude on that beautiful view of the steam engine with the Calico Mine Train in the background!

That headstone really has me curious, though, still.

They moved the stage to open up the area because it’s too crowded. They keep trying to open up that area more and more. They aren’t going to splat a ride there.

Essentially this is the HUB of Knotts

not to mention they would RUIN there number 1 marketing shot. Looking down the ghost town street at the log ride drop. the other iconic spot is the calico mine ride. They aren’t going to block it’sview. Every year they do more and more projections on it, it seems. on top of that thet don’t want more sound right by the main stage... and by the main side stage where the old one was. Pony is behind the stage so it’s quieter then being to the left of it

the church and lake were nothing compared to the train too (RIP I’m still sad). That was a big plot of land and Knotts prides itself on having 2 of 3 OG 100+ year old steam trains or whatever. They aren’t going to drop that.

I know management has changed again, but they stopped a giga coming to knotts because it would ruin the atmosphere. What Knotts has done to the berry tales area is outstanding.

Last edited:
They moved the stage to open up the area because it’s too crowded. They keep trying to open up that area more and more. They aren’t going to splat a ride there.

Essentially this is the HUB of Knotts

not to mention they would RUIN there number 1 marketing shot. Looking down the ghost town street at the log ride drop.

the other iconic spot is the calico mine ride. They aren’t going to block it’sview. Every year they do more and more projections on it, it seems

on top of that thet don’t want more sound right by the main stage... and by the main side stage where the old one was.

Pony is behind the stage so it’s quieter then being to the left of it

the church and lake were nothing compared to the train too (RIP I’m still sad). That was a big plot of land and Knotts prides itself on having 2 of 3 OG 100+ year old steam trains or whatever. They aren’t going to drop that.

I know management has changed again, but they stopped a giga coming to knotts because it would ruin the atmosphere.

What Knotts has done to the berry tales area is outstanding.

100% it would be akin to Disney building a coaster in front of Sleeping Beauty Castle, or idk slapping a giant sorcerers hat in front of the Chinese theater... wait, not the second one lol.

This headstone does intrigue me. Knotts is hinting at something, I just wonder what.

Then let's say if it isn't for a coaster to replace Pony Express and the railways..

what could it be? This doesn't scream to me Knotts Scary Farm. And I do think the theme of a Ghost Train may be an interesting concept as a coaster or full scale ride. Perhaps, we can look back to the speculation of the expansion on the South end of Ghost Town (or West End, from the moment you walk into the gates on that direction.) near Ghost Rider. Perhaps a ride that could bring elements of Scary Farm into the daytime scene, bringing a year round feeling of Ghost Town being alive in it's own way?

To be fair with the Haunted Shack, that thing was literally being held up by wires at the end of it's lifespan. A top-to-bottom overhaul/replacement just wasn't in the cards around that time with management.

I've said it a few times in my twitter, and I'll say it again: A Vekoma Mad House would be a perfect modern day tribute to the Haunted Shack. It's also very family friendly, so it'd go great with Knott's audience, and modernize a nostalgic classic.

As for the tombstone.... it's really tough to see what they're hinting at. Maybe they'll update with some tunnels/scenes for the Railroad? While the train itself is awesome, it's not a particulary senic ride. Isn't that partially why they have the "robbers"? To distract you for the nondescript view?

I would not mind if Pony Express went way......its just to short for me to ever go on.

I hope the train does not go and it would be weird with how much history restoring things the park has done in the past 10 years.