Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Knott's Berry Farm

Look at this: Six Flags Over Texas just brought back a classic attraction that was at their park, and it's very similar to what Knott's had.

Now if Six Flags can bring back a walkthrough attraction like this, Knott's can certainly bring back the Haunted Shack!

The more I go to Knott’s the less I miss Disneyland and DCA. Such a fun park. Pretty good service too. I made a reservation for what I thought was today but when I showed up at the gate they said I didn’t have a reservation. Pulled out my confirmation and low and behold it was for next Sunday. They were nice about it and allowed me to go in without a hassle. 1AE9950C-15C3-4C14-BDE2-7E6255567AC5.jpeg

They were nice about it and allowed me to go in without a hassle.

From what I was told, they set aside a certain amount of guests they can accommodate without reservations based on the average number of no-shows they get. Once they've accommodated that many guests, they'll start to turn guests away.

Several weeks ago on a Saturday, we left Soak City at 4 pm and tried to get in to Knott's without reservations. We were denied entry as they already exceeded the number of guests they could accommodate for the day.

I went for a day and ended up leaving with a pass. Figured it'd be something to do until Disney's pass returns at the end of the year.
Honestly, I found this to be the most enjoyable trip I've had since I was a kid. Granted, I mostly came during Scary Farm from mid-2000s to now, but I think I maybe went to Knotts for a regular day during that time maybe twice compared to the 90s-2005 where I went once every summer (they got rid of Kingdom of the Dinosaurs and TBH, I've been bitter ever since).
The crew members were much more friendly (I'm used to them being moody, annoyed, and generally unhelpful during KSF), the food prices and quality weren't too bad, line times and loading varied depending on a lot of factors but if this pandemic helped me in anyway, it's become more patient.
I really liked Bear-y Tales, but my gun wasn't working, but even than I'd say it's more cool to look at than Web Slingers. I feel like the retheme to the Rapids didn't do much, I was expecting more, and I got way less wet on this ride than I used to - I feel like it's missing some water elements and they desperately need to expand into the backstage area to incorporate a drop.
Overall I did 15 rides, had some BBQ & Knotts fried chicken, and decided for only $41 more I can come back as much as I want with no blackout dates when Disney has no pass in the meantime? Sold.

It seems to be a bit of a trend right now that many people are beginning to favor Knott's over Disney. And why not? It's much more affordable, and between all their events, entertainment, and creativity (look at how much they've gone all in for the 100th, as well as the food tasting events that happened during the pandemic while all the other parks were struggling to figure out what they could do at all). And the customer service is just as good.

I was just at Disney yesterday, and it's such a headache to get there hours early (the park opened at 9 am, but you have to get there 2-3 hours early to avoid lines) and the stresses and randomess of the virtual queues, not to mention frustrations over mobile food ordering, and Knott's is looking more and more like a better and more stress-free experience. Good for them!

I was just at Disney yesterday, and it's such a headache to get there hours early (the park opened at 9 am, but you have to get there 2-3 hours early to avoid lines) and the stresses and randomess of the virtual queues, not to mention frustrations over mobile food ordering, and Knott's is looking more and more like a better and more stress-free experience. Good for them!
I also did Disney and Knotts pretty much back to back and I agree. Disney was frustrating in places that it really didn't need to be. Especially in terms of Avengers Campus which is nowhere near that great. If I have to virtual queue for Rise for another year or two, with the current 7 and 12 PM system, sure. But for Web Slingers and just to enter a very bland land? Hell no. And forcing mobile orders for food at nearly every restaurant? C'mon. I enjoyed my Disney trip as a whole, but if that was just one of my many AP experiences, I wouldn't have cared, but as a one-time paying customer, and not being able to get Rise VQ at 12 because of arbitrary reasons like not getting my first code scanned in time is ridiculous.

Knotts also has much closer parking lots. Even if you were parked in the furthest far back corner, that walk is nothing compared to the Mickey and Friends walk. Disney keeps taking things away that genuinely lessen the experience and value for repeat customers, while Knotts adds more and more incentives. Parking pass? Dining pass? Free drinks year round? Want to wait 5 hours for Ghost Rider at your own will? YOU GOT IT!

I would loveeee to get an AP here but have one to Six Flags, Universal and soon to be Sea World...so next year.

Never had one but only heard good things about having a Knotts AP

As initially discovered by Hagrid Fanboy on the Theme Park Stop Discord; it seems that Knotts back in March, was gathering the materials to install something from B&M.

1624374375483.png

The thing that makes things interesting, is that if this was for Silver Bullet; wouldn't it be specifically mentioning the replacement of parts? This might be something to look into...

I know there have been rumors a hyper or giga would go
To Knott’s but it seems like a stretch. I’ve Seen some mock ups of the station being next to Ghostrider and the coaster going out and back along the parking lot but that seems really expensive.
As initially discovered by Hagrid Fanboy on the Theme Park Stop Discord; it seems that Knotts back in March, was gathering the materials to install something from B&M.

View attachment 14759

The thing that makes things interesting, is that if this was for Silver Bullet; wouldn't it be specifically mentioning the replacement of parts? This might be something to look into...

View attachment 14759

Maybe on the actual permits and paperwork. I don't think the website needs to be that specific. Could be either or of course, but I don't know how much we should read into it.

To Knott’s but it seems like a stretch. I’ve Seen some mock ups of the station being next to Ghostrider and the coaster going out and back along the parking lot but that seems really expensive.

Couldn't they do a station over at the Western Entrance area? Hypothetically speaking, have something that has it's entrance plaza/station load and unload from the Western Entrance area, allowing for a major attraction to dominate that area.

If there really is a new B&M coming to Knott’s, this would be the most ideal location. I think a giga would be a stretch but I could see an “almost hyper” or “barely a hyper” going into the park (Basically a 195ft. Or 205ft. Coaster). I know enthusiasts have been wanting an B&M giga for the longest time and we know Knott’s is the only major Cedar Fair Park without a B&M mega coaster. I don’t think we’ll get a giga but I will gladly settle for a hyper. SoCal needs a decent B&M mega coaster.

Remember that random tombstone with the train that appeared at the graveyard last fall? Maybe that could’ve been a teaser for the new coaster?

I don’t know... Knott’s getting a hyper has been a rumor for as long as the rumor of SFMM getting one... which is to say forever, and really seems more like wishful thinking. I mean, I always hope I’ll be wrong, but I remember when everyone was SURE Full Throttle was going to be hyper. :shrug:

Remember that random tombstone with the train that appeared at the graveyard last fall? Maybe that could’ve been a teaser for the new coaster?

I have a feeling that was/is for Scary Farm. Ever since Origins debuted, it seems like they have been a little more open to doing smaller tie-ins like this.

As mentioned in the KSF thread, an unknown source has said that the future of Mystery Lodge is still unknown. It doesn't sound like they're eager to keep it around (Which is a shame).

If they have to get rid of it, I propose they gut they put in a Vekoma madhouse. The building is just the right size where they can put one in there.

As mentioned in the KSF thread, an unknown source has said that the future of Mystery Lodge is still unknown. It doesn't sound like they're eager to keep it around (Which is a shame).

If they have to get rid of it, I propose they gut they put in a Vekoma madhouse. The building is just the right size where they can put one in there.
I heard the opposite

They are eager to keep it around, BUT they want to upgrade the tech and work on some of the theming to make it more cohesive.

It’s an old attraction that they want to refresh for a new generation is how it was put to me, but the funding took a hit last year.

I also think they would actually face some backlash getting rid of it as they consulted with some Native American tribes in the making of it to try to represent traditions/legends. As well, the Native American dancer show, though small, always draws a crowd, so there’s an audience for these types of experience at Knott’s

I heard the opposite

They are eager to keep it around, BUT they want to upgrade the tech and work on some of the theming to make it more cohesive.

It’s an old attraction that they want to refresh for a new generation is how it was put to me, but the funding took a hit last year.

I also think they would actually face some backlash getting rid of it as they consulted with some Native American tribes in the making of it to try to represent traditions/legends. As well, the Native American dancer show, though small, always draws a crowd, so there’s an audience for these types of experience at Knott’s
That actually sounds good to me! The show would really benefit from a refresh.