Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Knott's Berry Farm

I don't think anyone's interested in what people do in their backyards, unless they're sunbathing in the nude. Gardening and yardwork aren't that interesting. BBQs and kids running around can already be seen around the park.

Also, there's a NL2 day/night POV.

Bruh, if this is the layout we're getting, this is going to be a top 5 for so many thoosies.
I grew up in Buena Park, very close to Knott's and spent about half of my life there. I do think they consider the neighborhood when they are building new attractions to some extent (ie: Ghostrider's drop shield, Supreme Scream's diffusers, etc) but I also think they realize they are almost entirely boxed in in terms of expansion. They own quite a bit of land around the park but logistically I think it makes more sense to move towards the Crescent lot first.

Personally, I believe this type of project is not the right direction for Knott's now. I'd much rather see an expansion of Ghost Town or some dark ride/family friendly attractions put in if they are going to expand. It seems like a lot of real estate for one ride and just reminds of me of the early 00's era of Cedar Fair. The most exciting part of these rumored plans is the parking structure, and if they could operate it on a similar level to how Disneyland operates theirs I think that would be incredibly helpful all year.
I hear ya. I totally agree that families are the demographic they should be focusing more on. I think a SLoP style dark ride themed to KoD would be amazing for the park. Would also love to see a Vekoma Madhouse themed to the Haunted Shack. Even a Firechaser Express type of family coaster that goes over Calico Rapids and into a building would be a great family coaster for the park. Why not build a small Peanuts dark ride as well? Those are some ideas I have for some solid family rides for the park.

At the same time, I don't think it's wrong to have a little variety. One of the reasons why I love Knott's so much is that it provides something in the SoCal Market that the other parks can't provide: theme and thrill. Here in SoCal, you can either have the thrills of Six Flags or the theming of USH and DLR. Knott's at least is able to provide both. Knott's is the closest remedy for IoA in SoCal in that the park provides something for thrill seekers and themed experiences for Disney goers. Plus, they have done a good job at winning back the families in the 2010's as opposed to the 00's when they didn't and suffered. Knott's is Cedar Fair's most profitable park by far and it's the only major CF park that does not have a giga coaster. Something this caliber will gain national attention with enthusiast and more importantly, the GP. I can already see the GP reacting to the "world's biggest, scariest , and fastest" coaster on YouTube reaction videos.

I would agree that this would've been a late 90's/mid 00's CF move if they tore out half of Ghost Town to make room for this. However, the great thing is that the intrusion upon Ghost Town from this will be minimal, if not nonexistent. Yeah, you're gonna see a steel behemoth in the distance of GT but at least it won't straight-up roar through it. The fact that they're bending over backwards to expand the park and keep the integrity of Ghost Town while working around the surrounding facilities to make this happen tells me they still care about the overall vision for the park,

Besides, if you're concerned all they will care about at this point is "MOAR COASTERZ!!!!", I don't see them adding another coaster for at least another five years. During that time, I'm sure they will put their focus back on themed family rides as they have finally found their identity as a family park that also happens to provide thrills. Until then, Knott's could use a high-capacity thrill ride. Something the park really needs as their coasters aren't exactly high-capacity.

Besides, if you're concerned all they will care about at this point is "MOAR COASTERZ!!!!", I don't see them adding another coaster for at least another five years. During that time, I'm sure they will put their focus back on themed family rides as they have finally found their identity as a family park that also happens to provide thrills. Until then, Knott's could use a high-capacity thrill ride. Something the park really needs as their coasters aren't exactly high-capacity.
I hope so

I'm just getting old and tried of coasters. Like if you theme them well cool but most of them are a kinda cool Q then just steal

I would love them to add a new DARK ride to the park. I can't believe Six Flags and Knotts both have IPs like the Peanuts and Looney Tunes and can't give us one dark ride with the characters

I hope so

I'm just getting old and tried of coasters. Like if you theme them well cool but most of them are a kinda cool Q then just steal

I would love them to add a new DARK ride to the park. I can't believe Six Flags and Knotts both have IPs like the Peanuts and Looney Tunes and can't give us one dark ride with the characters
If Knott's is really smart, I think we'll see a small dark ride come along after the giga. I think they know that they're getting business from jaded former Disney APers and families that want a cheaper option as well.

Ideally, if they do a dark ride; I wouldn't even mind if it's another screen based attraction...so long as it'd be Peanuts.

With Knotts Berry Farm and Carrowinds aimed to be the "Flagship" park of the East and West coast, with Cedar Point as the "Flagship" park of the Mid-West; I genuinely hope all three get some form of Peanuts attraction eventually. Feels incredibly long overdue for Knotts to get an attraction with Charlie Brown and Snoopy as the main characters, that isn't strictly for kids.

The most exciting part of these rumored plans is the parking structure, and if they could operate it on a similar level to how Disneyland operates theirs I think that would be incredibly helpful all year.

This is what I am most intrested. ESPECIALLY, to find out where the 1st Parking Structure is going to be at.

Feels incredibly long overdue for Knotts, given it's limited nature, and it could allow for even Soak City to expand should the first structure take over a portion over there.

Ideally, if they do a dark ride; I wouldn't even mind if it's another screen based attraction...so long as it'd be Peanuts.

With Knotts Berry Farm and Carrowinds aimed to be the "Flagship" park of the East and West coast, with Cedar Point as the "Flagship" park of the Mid-West; I genuinely hope all three get some form of Peanuts attraction eventually. Feels incredibly long overdue for Knotts to get an attraction with Charlie Brown and Snoopy as the main characters, that isn't strictly for kids.

This is what I am most intrested. ESPECIALLY, to find out where the 1st Parking Structure is going to be at.

Feels incredibly long overdue for Knotts, given it's limited nature, and it could allow for even Soak City to expand should the first structure take over a portion over there.
I always thought they could put a very compact dark ride themed to Peanuts where that little theater is at Camp Snoopy and under the stagecoach. If they “cheat” the space well enough, they could possibly leave that same venue open for a KSF house as well!

This is Gagster Granny at Alton Towers. Clearly not the best dark ride ever, but something of this caliber would be perfect for a Peanuts attraction. The best part about this ride is that it takes up shockingly little space. It’s pretty impressive what they could cram into just four minutes. Capacity would be about the same as Bear-y Tales but would take up half if not less of the space.

I always thought they could put a very compact dark ride themed to Peanuts where that little theater is at Camp Snoopy and under the stagecoach. If they “cheat” the space well enough, they could possibly leave that same venue open for a KSF house as well!

This is Gagster Granny at Alton Towers. Clearly not the best dark ride ever, but something of this caliber would be perfect for a Peanuts attraction. The best part about this ride is that it takes up shockingly little space. It’s pretty impressive what they could cram into just four minutes. Capacity would be about the same as Bear-y Tales but would take up half if not less of the space.

Heavily agreed. Especially as it would put the park at a considerably well balanced 50/50 for practical attractions and digital attractions for a dark ride. Could even be something on the same scale of Gangsta Granny, with the animation quality from AppleTV+'s Peanuts projects.

Peanuts doesn't need a grand and large dark ride. Just have it be a fun time for kids of the small to tall. And honestly, it'd be a major win. Especially on that end of the park; doing something like this can be a balancer.

Heavily agreed. Especially as it would put the park at a considerably well balanced 50/50 for practical attractions and digital attractions for a dark ride. Could even be something on the same scale of Gangsta Granny, with the animation quality from AppleTV+'s Peanuts projects.

Peanuts doesn't need a grand and large dark ride. Just have it be a fun time for kids of the small to tall. And honestly, it'd be a major win. Especially on that end of the park; doing something like this can be a balancer.

Yes, I don't need something big. Just something fun and colorful. Its just lacking in that park and really think many companies are wasting IP's by just having generic rides with "themes"

Heck maybe its much much cheaper I have no idea why they do Peanut shows and not just have a 3D theater and change the movie playing for each season as well. I think more things aimed at families would be nice at Knotts.

Yes, I don't need something big. Just something fun and colorful. Its just lacking in that park and really think many companies are wasting IP's by just having generic rides with "themes"

Heck maybe its much much cheaper I have no idea why they do Peanut shows and not just have a 3D theater and change the movie playing for each season as well. I think more things aimed at families would be nice at Knotts.
I mean, the live entertainment component at Knott's is hugely popular and those shows are nearly always packed, so the live shows are fine.

That corner of Camp Snoopy by the family restroom all the way up to the candy cabin could use some redevelopment. While the flats are good and moderately well themed, remove a few of them and you have a nice little footprint for a dark ride.

The issue then becomes capacity of the dark ride vs how much capacity they were getting from the 2-4 flats they took out in the process.

I don't see them encroaching on the Scary Farm location either as that is a huge moneymaker for them.

Knott’s has announced on social media that Montezooma will be going under the knife on January 10th for a full restoration that will put the ride reopening Summer 2023

Would’ve been nice to have more notice to get my final rides in, but I’m thrilled to see them put some TLC into a beloved classic.

Knott’s has announced on social media that Montezooma will be going under the knife on January 10th for a full restoration that will put the ride reopening Summer 2023

Would’ve been nice to have more notice to get my final rides in, but I’m thrilled to see them put some TLC into a beloved classic.
It’s going to have surgery?

Bruh, if this is the layout we're getting, this is going to be a top 5 for so many thoosies.

I hear ya. I totally agree that families are the demographic they should be focusing more on. I think a SLoP style dark ride themed to KoD would be amazing for the park. Would also love to see a Vekoma Madhouse themed to the Haunted Shack. Even a Firechaser Express type of family coaster that goes over Calico Rapids and into a building would be a great family coaster for the park. Why not build a small Peanuts dark ride as well? Those are some ideas I have for some solid family rides for the park.

At the same time, I don't think it's wrong to have a little variety. One of the reasons why I love Knott's so much is that it provides something in the SoCal Market that the other parks can't provide: theme and thrill. Here in SoCal, you can either have the thrills of Six Flags or the theming of USH and DLR. Knott's at least is able to provide both. Knott's is the closest remedy for IoA in SoCal in that the park provides something for thrill seekers and themed experiences for Disney goers. Plus, they have done a good job at winning back the families in the 2010's as opposed to the 00's when they didn't and suffered. Knott's is Cedar Fair's most profitable park by far and it's the only major CF park that does not have a giga coaster. Something this caliber will gain national attention with enthusiast and more importantly, the GP. I can already see the GP reacting to the "world's biggest, scariest , and fastest" coaster on YouTube reaction videos.

I would agree that this would've been a late 90's/mid 00's CF move if they tore out half of Ghost Town to make room for this. However, the great thing is that the intrusion upon Ghost Town from this will be minimal, if not nonexistent. Yeah, you're gonna see a steel behemoth in the distance of GT but at least it won't straight-up roar through it. The fact that they're bending over backwards to expand the park and keep the integrity of Ghost Town while working around the surrounding facilities to make this happen tells me they still care about the overall vision for the park,

Appreciate the thought out response! Knott's will need to expand at some point and time and when that time comes they'll most likely head towards the Crescent lot. This is a much better solution than the 00's approach Cedar Fair took, and we may lose a few things on backstage border but I suppose you have to take the good with the bad. I just can't help but feel like this is a lot of space for one ride and that the area could be better utilized another way.

I do wonder what they are planning to provide for sound buffering for the residents along Crescent (and Western to some extent). I know most new coasters have sand in the rails and sometimes the beams but this thing is still going to be pretty dang loud. It will be interesting to follow regardless to see what happens, assuming it's real.

Sidenote - love to hear the news about Montezooma's Revenge! Hopefully they can do something with Jaguar in the coming years too.

Last edited:
Appreciate the thought out response! Knott's will need to expand at some point and time and when that time comes they'll most likely head towards the Crescent lot. This is a much better solution than the 00's approach Cedar Fair took, and we may lose a few things on backstage border but I suppose you have to take the good with the bad. I just can't help but feel like this is a lot of space for one ride and that the area could be better utilized another way.

I do wonder what they are planning to provide for sound buffering for the residents along Crescent (and Western to some extent). I know most new coasters have sand in the rails and sometimes the beams but this thing is still going to be pretty dang loud. It will be interesting to follow regardless to see what happens, assuming it's real.

Sidenote - love to hear the news about Montezooma's Revenge! Hopefully they can do something with Jaguar in the coming years too.
I couldn’t help but notice on the plans that they literally went out of their way to make sure the coaster would not intrude on the backstage space where they have the Haunt mazes at. Probably because they need that space to use for haunt, but I have to wonder if they have long term expansion plans for that location? Hmmmm.

I couldn’t help but notice on the plans that they literally went out of their way to make sure the coaster would not intrude on the backstage space where they have the Haunt mazes at. Probably because they need that space to use for haunt, but I have to wonder if they have long term expansion plans for that location? Hmmmm.

I have been hearing rumblings about some kind of expansion like this for a very long time, as I'm sure most of us have. I was pretty nervous that the backstage area where those mazes are would be on the chopping block not thinking at all about the Crescent lot area - mostly because I never assumed Knott's would ever build a parking structure and really can't afford to lose any parking spaces as it sits right now.

I'd assume that area is probably safe given how essential it is for Scary Farm. I do like how they are using part of that space for other things now too. During Merry Farm this year, they had it open with some snack stands, fire pits, and photo ops/characters.

I just drove out to Knotts today to get my last few rides in on Monty….and it’s closed.

Trying to get on a few rides to make my trip worthwhile. REALLY salty right now that Knotts couldn’t even give us at least a week’s notice that it was going down for 18 months.

I just drove out to Knotts today to get my last few rides in on Monty….and it’s closed.

Trying to get on a few rides to make my trip worthwhile. REALLY salty right now that Knotts couldn’t even give us at least a week’s notice that it was going down for 18 months.

It sounds like it’s going down because it has to. Guessing they discovered some type of critical maintenance issue.