Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Knott's Berry Farm

Knotts needs to invest in at least ONE new dark ride or E-Ticket type ride that isn't a coaster. Just ONE. It would really add a lot to the park. The revitalised Log Ride with new and improved show scenes and animatronics proved to be super popular. People love detailed rides....

Pretty sure that's their intention next year with the new rumored dark ride going into the old Kingdom of the Dinosaurs building. 

My guess is some combination of a Sally ride system and of course, Garner Holt themeing.

Pretty sure that's their intention next year with the new rumored dark ride going into the old Kingdom of the Dinosaurs building. 

My guess is some combination of a Sally ride system and of course, Garner Holt themeing.
Because Knott's has had terrible management in the past, they're trying to regain their family audience. That's what they've been doing with their Mine ride and Log ride restorations as well as the new boardwalk and Camp Snoopy. I think they're measuring how the crowd responds to the Calico Mine ride improvements before investing in a big dark ride. Response for Log Ride seems to be overwhelmingly positive, so it looks good. 

I'm pretty sure Fiesta Village will be the next area slated for a "redo" like Boardwalk and Snoopy next year. I could see them starting construction for the new dark ride if they want it open in time around 2016/17. Might want to wait until 2017 to avoid the Harry hammer of Potter.

I also have a feeling on Fiesta but what i think will happen after the dark ride which i do think will have to come later as they would have to redo the entire dinosaur building to get a dark ride there, Expect mabye something like a late 2015 or early 2016 date. Personally i'd like to see Snoopy have a real dark ride, as there hasn't been something really accurate to the Peanuts brand in a long time so i'm hoping mabye a trackless dark ride for Snoopy (to tie in to the new movie coming next year i believe). But, i'm betting this as they have to lure this crowd in,

I am betting a Real coaster will come to Knotts after the dark ride. I'd like to see mabye something like a IRAT reimagine to Ghostrider as they can do WONDERS with that. Like redo the ride itself but keep mabye station, and mabye raise the lift height and move the layout to be closer to BigFoot Rapids than The Parking lot. I'd see IRAT on Ghostrider more than a Wingrider, or... Heck! why not do a first, Wooden KEYHOLING! Jk but mabye do something to reinvgrate the park entrance for a more larger western facade. thats me in wishful thinking. 

Opening Date has been announced for Calico and the new Camp Snoopy rides for June 14th.

I will be at Knotts on the 23rd so if you see me, say hi and i'll have something special on me that will distinguish who I am.

I'm actauly not going.. But; i might next year with this news! It has been said that a new Interactive attraction is going into the Boardwalk! Speculate everyone...

I actauly had a Season Pass last year just for Timber Mountain and possibly; It might be good next year for me to get it again but for the Boardwalk!

This morning, I had the privilege of being able to check out the Calico Mine Ride for the media preview. Although it was a preview, the ride was open for the rest of the day and most presumably tomorrow. Everything is done and ready to go!

The Calico Mine Ride restoration was amazing! Like the Timber Mountain Log Ride, Garner Holt did an amazing job with the animatronics and the new lighting. A lot of the animatronics look so life-like and great, whlle everything else still maintain the "creepy" old-fashioned vibe. The ending did blow me away with its special effects and upgrades they put in....yes there was a pun in there. It did remind me a lot of the new scene from Big Thunder Mountain. Actually, it was probably directly taken from it. Overall, please go check out the Mine Ride. It's amazing and you will love the updates Garner Holt put in there. I also loved what they did with Camp Snoopy. It looks beautiful again! The new figures on the Sierra Train were very cute and the Linus Launcher was quite fun!

Oh, one more thing. During the dedication of Camp Snoopy's reopening, Raffi hinted at the new dark ride opening next year. "we are turning our attention to the boardwalk for interactive family fun for 2015."

So Knotts Haunt has began and.... look I respect Halloween Horror Nights and I think its the best year for mazes... Knotts blew them sky high this time.

From Hanging to the Interactive Skeleton Rooms... and the smallest thing; A HELECOPTER FOR ITS SCAREMONIE! yea, they blew Universal Sky high.

Just saw the first seven minutes of the Hanging, and it's freaking hilarious.

edit: according to some more footage I just watched, the plot is basically spoofing the controversy around B&T being cancelled. The characters even make an appearance.

Hat's off to you, Knott's!

Last edited by a moderator:
I watched that and once bill and ted popped up I thought when they showed up; ' They didn't just do that..' and then seconds later... wow.

Regardless, the restaurant is fairly old and it needs a heavy refurbishment. It desperately needs it.

And let's not have dining tables directly infront of the restrooms. I don't want to eat my food while having people come in and out of the potty.