Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Knott's Berry Farm

Knotts Berry Farm will be renovating the hotel property for the 2022 operating year.
Disregard. Was going to say that’s interesting considering the giga rumor on SS, but I misread the post as being torn down. Glad they’re renovating the hotel.

So that’s all of ‘22’s Cedar Fair additions?

I want some more entertainment to return such as the Calico Saloon Show, Wild West Stunt Show, Indian Trails show, and MYSTERY LODGE LOCATION ANYTHING THERE I WILL TAKE

The Native Indian Dancer is back on weekends and the Saloon Show is back, except the showtimes aren't listed so you just have to be there at the right time.

With Krazy Kirk moving to Calico Mine Stage, Wagon Camp is sitting there unused. Hopefully the Stunt Show will make a surprise return with Merry Farm since it wasn't announced along with the other shows returning.

I enjoyed Invitation to Terror at Scary Farm. Yes, even if we don't get the original show back, I hope we get something back in there during the day soon. They obviously fixed what needed to be fixed so it'd be a shame to let it sit empty again.

They obviously fixed what needed to be fixed so it'd be a shame to let it sit empty again.
This is sort of true

From my understanding, they have the capability to run that kind of show again, BUT the original Mystery Lodge animations are still on film, not digital. At least, last I knew.

This is sort of true

From my understanding, they have the capability to run that kind of show again, BUT the original Mystery Lodge animations are still on film, not digital. At least, last I knew.

Ah, that makes sense. I had heard some elements may still be up in the air but wasn't sure exactly what. Hopefully they can figure it out.

Knott's Berry Farm has announced that beginning November 19 through January 2, guests can enjoy the Holidays at this year's Knott's Merry Farm - featuring a landscape of thousands of twinkling lights, miles of themed garland, jumbo snowflakes, and more!

2023?? - New Roller Coaster - RUMOR - (11/7/21) According to a Screamscape source, the rumored Giga Coaster plans for Knott’s may have been given approval to move forward with an intended timeline of opening the coaster in 2023. Keep an eye on the Mystery Lodge area for possible signs of prep work, as this is where the entrance / station is expected to go, with the rest of the coaster expected to be contained mostly in the southern parking lot area, towards the Hotel. If the rumor holds true, early work to prep the site may begin sometime between Q1 and Q2 of 2022.

I just want to know how this and CP's next coaster can be built the same year? lol

2023?? - New Roller Coaster - RUMOR - (11/7/21) According to a Screamscape source, the rumored Giga Coaster plans for Knott’s may have been given approval to move forward with an intended timeline of opening the coaster in 2023. Keep an eye on the Mystery Lodge area for possible signs of prep work, as this is where the entrance / station is expected to go, with the rest of the coaster expected to be contained mostly in the southern parking lot area, towards the Hotel. If the rumor holds true, early work to prep the site may begin sometime between Q1 and Q2 of 2022.

I just want to know how this and CP's next coaster can be built the same year? lol
That's very exciting and I hope it's true. Is a CF park getting a new coaster this coming season? If not, I think it wouldn't be the most surprising thing in the world if CP and Knotts both get one. Honestly Knotts needs it more than CP at the moment. But I will say, i really hope the year is correct for this project as thats my High School graduation year and boy what a present that would be coming from my home park!

If it’s true, I’m really curious to see the layout of this coaster in the parking lots. I hope it isn’t too short like Orion. Also feel like if Knott’s built this then SFMM might get the urge to put something in grand also.

Keep an eye on the Mystery Lodge area for possible signs of prep work, as this is where the entrance / station is expected to go, with the rest of the coaster expected to be contained mostly in the southern parking lot area, towards the Hotel.

This seems like it will be a new layout compared to the Giga proposed years ago that eventually went to Canada's Wonderland (which would make sense).

This seems like it will be a new layout compared to the Giga proposed years ago that eventually went to Canada's Wonderland (which would make sense).
Hope it's not a clone of Leviathan. I've heard that it's one of the weaker Giga coasters thats shockingly light of airtime and trimmed to oblivion.

That's very exciting and I hope it's true. Is a CF park getting a new coaster this coming season? If not, I think it wouldn't be the most surprising thing in the world if CP and Knotts both get one. Honestly Knotts needs it more than CP at the moment. But I will say, i really hope the year is correct for this project as thats my High School graduation year and boy what a present that would be coming from my home park!
KD is installing Tumblii, but outside of that its going to be a light year for Cedar Fair.

2023 if it's holding up, seems to be them going back to normal.

Knott’s Berry Farm has released its upcoming event line-up for 2022, including dates for Knott's Scary Farm, and the return of the Boysenberry Festival.

I would check out Drunk Riders Podcast on Twitter right now if I were you. They posted something on there very interesting.

VERY interesting.
Unless I am reading things wrong (which I very well could be), this looks like they are eating into their behind the scenes buildings instead of the Mystery Lodge plot.

Can someone who is better at reading these things confirm this?

Unless I am reading things wrong (which I very well could be), this looks like they are eating into their behind the scenes buildings instead of the Mystery Lodge plot.

Can someone who is better at reading these things confirm this?

From that one, you're correct. Mystery Lodge would be in the clear, while Bird Cage Theater would bite the dust. (There is another version which would take out Mystery Lodge and go over the rapids, but I think that one is an older version.)

From that one, you're correct. Mystery Lodge would be in the clear, while Bird Cage Theater would bite the dust. (There is another version which would take out Mystery Lodge and go over the rapids, but I think that one is an older version.)
Does the Birdcage bite the dust, though?

I see it saying, Relocate Theater Facade, which seems to me mean it's still around