Knott's Scary Farm 2023 | Page 29 | Inside Universal Forums

Knott's Scary Farm 2023

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Okay, I was there last night, and while it was crowded from like 7-9, it died down really quick imo and felt pretty empty. Express lines were walk on besides room 13 purely due to the queue construction, shows were half empty, food lines were super manageable, there was always an open bathroom stall. Idk if maybe this year has just been quiet, but last night was a breeze compared to some Saturdays in recent memory

I was there last night too. Pretty mobbed. The line for Grimore got up to 75 minutes, and nearly went all the way up to the Western Gate and back down again, while the line for Pony Express nearly reached Wilderness Broiler... making it pretty crazy to get down through that walkway.

We've been arriving between 5-5:30 to avoid traffic and parking (and coming from LA, taking the Knott exit, not Beach), and it's worked out well. We just meander and sit in the Marketplace for a bit, maybe grab a bite to eat and wait it out.

Since we have the season pass, we had already done all the mazes, so we did a few, watched a show, and then focused on finding all the lantern spots, thanks to this guide from Knott's Network. Many are very cool, especially the ones by Ghost Town train tracks, center of Forsaken Lake, and by Jaguar!

However, we couldn't get any major lantern interactive effect at the other Forsaken Lake spot (by Log Ride) aside from just having the light turn blue, and couldn't find anything in The Gauntlet or the by the Main Gate (though admittedly, we didn't look too hard at the Main Gate due to crowds). Anyone know more? We even asked employees about The Gauntlet location, and they didn't know anything about it either.
What is the forsaken lake center lantern interaction?

Many of the lantern interactions do not work. If you use the guide provided with the QR code that came with your lantern, that map is updated to list only the locations that work at any given time.

There was a guide provided with a QR code? I never saw or got that when I got the lantern. Does anyone have a copy of it?
It’s on the tag that’s attached to the lantern. It redirects here:

I haven’t really explored the interactions as much as I would’ve liked to. I’ve heard the cool down period is 5 min, which if true, I think is quite long so it may actually work but just waiting for the cool down period to expire. Just watch out if your lantern starts flickering rapidly and changing colors, you’re near an interaction.

Reactions: Rideguy70
I think that the QR code thing was a bit of a misfire. Most people cut the tags off of their lanterns without knowing that the QR code provided a map for the bigger interactions. Speaking of, I am in agreement with @Stryker regarding not getting to explore them as much as I'd like. I hope that if we see these next year (which I am fully anticipating we will) they are a little more transparent on what and where the features are.

I'm here tonight. So far, crowded has been an understatement. The parking is a mess. Every single street is backed up, including side streets.
The traffic getting in has been really bad, even on Wednesdays. In previous years I would say to take any back way you can to avoid street congestion but this year the biggest tip is just to get there before 7. Last weekend we grabbed some food and were parked in the Beach lot by 6:30. By 7 we could see the line forming on Beach and from the Grand tunnel which creates a huge choke point.

It’s on the tag that’s attached to the lantern. It redirects here:

I haven’t really explored the interactions as much as I would’ve liked to. I’ve heard the cool down period is 5 min, which if true, I think is quite long so it may actually work but just waiting for the cool down period to expire. Just watch out if your lantern starts flickering rapidly and changing colors, you’re near an interaction.

Yeah, I had no idea the QR code was on the tag either. I just cut it right off.

That said, that map is the same one I saw, and it still lists on at The Gauntlet, despite a report I heard later that the one in The Gauntlet wasn't working and/or was removed. Nothing working for me in that area Saturday night, and nearby employees didn't seem to know about any interactive spot there.

That said, I've found them all except the one at the main gate (just forgot to check it), The Gauntlet, and the one between Forsaken Lake and Log Ride. It turned blue there, but nothing else.

I can also add that we were able to make the same effects activate about about 15-30 seconds, so 5 minutes may be exaggerated.

But yeah, we spent a good hour or two just finding all the interactive spots. It did give us something to do when the maze lines were really long, and as such, are a big benefit to Season Passholders who can do repeat visits. Also hoping they keep adding more interactions in future years.

Very random question, but does anyone know what's actually in the Skeleton Rumchata aside from just rumchata, if anything? Been one of the drinks I've been curious about since they announced the lineup, but haven't heard anyone say a thing about it, let alone any pictures or actual official descriptions of what it is.

Very random question, but does anyone know what's actually in the Skeleton Rumchata aside from just rumchata, if anything? Been one of the drinks I've been curious about since they announced the lineup, but haven't heard anyone say a thing about it, let alone any pictures or actual official descriptions of what it is.
There is a picture towards the bottom of this list from the media preview. As far as ingredients go, I'd be willing to bet it's just a regular Rumchata mix. This season there is a lot of food and drink with a generic Halloween name in front of it to fit the theme.

There is a picture towards the bottom of this list from the media preview. As far as ingredients go, I'd be willing to bet it's just a regular Rumchata mix. This season there is a lot of food and drink with a generic Halloween name in front of it to fit the theme.
Big bummer, could've at least thrown a little plastic skeleton lounging on the rim or something. :pensive:

A couple other random questions to anybody who would know, has there been any final year-specific Depths merch? I don't remember seeing even the pin they normally do in the legacy store but idk. Also, around what time does the Gauntlet slider show tend to happen?

Big bummer, could've at least thrown a little plastic skeleton lounging on the rim or something. :pensive:

A couple other random questions to anybody who would know, has there been any final year-specific Depths merch? I don't remember seeing even the pin they normally do in the legacy store but idk. Also, around what time does the Gauntlet slider show tend to happen?
I do recall seeing at least one shirt for The Depths. Aside from that and the pin, I don't think anything else is out.

The Gauntlet slider show is at 10:30 near the Ferris Wheel.

Oh Mylanta my lantern’s button broke last night. I mentioned earlier in the season that it was loose and felt like it would eventually break and it finally did. It caved into the body. While I was still able to reach in and press it, it ended up facing inwards so I couldn’t access it anymore.

I went to the General Store to see if anything could be done. They said they’ll take it to the back, open it up and try to repair it. Ten minutes later, the guy came back and said to give him another 10 minutes while his manager retrieves one from his office. He hands me what looks like a new one with a tag attached.

I asked if they had a hidden stash for replacements. He said not really and they try to repair what they can so looks like I got a refurbished one with a tag still attached. Worth a shot to ask if you have any issues.

If you have the Prestige Pass, you can park in the preferred lot now for free. It was supposed to be available 2024 but is available now.

I’ll be back again tonight for my 8th and most likely last visit for the season. Sad to see it ending soon but it has been a blast so far!

Hey quick question: So I’m hoping to arrive at KSF pretty late (Probably around 10:00) just to get a few mazes in before saying farewell this year. If I have parking on my regular season pass I should be able to get free parking still that late right? I just don’t want to drive all the way down there to find out I gotta pay $35 to park lol