Krush Brau Theme Park coming to Kissimmee | Inside Universal Forums

Krush Brau Theme Park coming to Kissimmee

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jul 24, 2008
Orlando, FL
qt=q:95

A German themed "theme park" is opening in Kissimmee. It is mostly a Festival Plaza and a Biergarten, but they mention an animatronic zoo attraction coming later.

Anyway, I am up for some good German food.

And here is the park's actual website.

qt=q:95

A German themed "theme park" is opening in Kissimmee. It is mostly a Festival Plaza and a Biergarten, but they mention an animatronic zoo attraction coming later.

Anyway, I am up for some good German food.

And here is the park's actual website.

Finally a reason for SunRail.
Sanford to Kissimmee for the borscht circuit!

They opened back in September (I thought) for Oktoberfest. Hopefully they can make a go of it-- that area of 192 has a lot of failed businesses pre-pandemic, then a bunch more from the pandemic, but I guess they see an opportunity. There had been a German restaurant on 192 that closed a few years ago, and the one on Orange Avenue and Sand Lake closed a few years ago now too.

They opened back in September (I thought) for Oktoberfest. Hopefully they can make a go of it-- that area of 192 has a lot of failed businesses pre-pandemic, then a bunch more from the pandemic, but I guess they see an opportunity. There had been a German restaurant on 192 that closed a few years ago, and the one on Orange Avenue and Sand Lake closed a few years ago now too.

I think there is probably a market for a brewery in the area -- only one truly in Mousetown I can think of is tiny little Half Barrel on Universal, after that have to go to Winter Garden or Millennia, if not downtown or Sanford. And that's what this was initially announced as. But now it's a pseudo theme park and that just feels like biting off a lot. Then again I was at Medieval Times last year and it still drew on a Saturday night even with tourism numbers down.

Looking forward to checking it out no matter.

Reactions: Disneyhead
Went by today. First off, it's behind the Gator Motel in about the sketchiest stretch of 192. I know the area, still took three tries to find the entrance. Website says to look for the giant waterfall, which used to run at the front of the (abandoned) zoo building but that has been turned off, so you feel like you're trespassing walking in. It took a lot of pleading just to convince my fiancee to get out of the car.

Once in, it's a bunch of non-decorated cargo containers that have been transformed into quick-serve windows, and a tiny gift shop with a lot of picnic tables under a tent in the middle. Oh. Wait. There's also motion-activated audio-animatronic animals all around the perimeter. Not cutesy, fairly realistic lion, elephant, bear, etc. With no context, they are just there.

If this sounds surreal, just know I'm not doing it justice. It's somehow even weirder.

But ... very nice selection of authentic German beers. Only three on draft, but not like Becks or anything you'd typically find at Publix. Much larger selection than EPCOT. Also some White Claw and a very limited liquor selection. Small German food menu in the next shipping container over--I had a brat that was very good. There was a classical music horn quartet and a house band doing pop Christmas carols--both were a lot of fun. The latter brought out a giant Alpine horn for one song (think "Ri....colllllla") which is just not something you see every day. Prices are not cheap, but in line with a food truck, as opposed to a theme park.

It's only the second day of operation, and it was only afternoon, but staff outnumbered guests. Workers were all incredibly friendly, tho. The owner clearly has faith, the shop is packed with branded merch. It's such an off-beat place I'm pulling for him to succeed.

Attachments

• thumbnail.jpg
    thumbnail.jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 20
  • 2thumbnail.jpg
    2thumbnail.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 22
Went by today. First off, it's behind the Gator Motel in about the sketchiest stretch of 192. I know the area, still took three tries to find the entrance. Website says to look for the giant waterfall, which used to run at the front of the (abandoned) zoo building but that has been turned off, so you feel like you're trespassing walking in. It took a lot of pleading just to convince my fiancee to get out of the car.

Once in, it's a bunch of non-decorated cargo containers that have been transformed into quick-serve windows, and a tiny gift shop with a lot of picnic tables under a tent in the middle. Oh. Wait. There's also motion-activated audio-animatronic animals all around the perimeter. Not cutesy, fairly realistic lion, elephant, bear, etc. With no context, they are just there.

If this sounds surreal, just know I'm not doing it justice. It's somehow even weirder.

But ... very nice selection of authentic German beers. Only three on draft, but not like Becks or anything you'd typically find at Publix. Much larger selection than EPCOT. Also some White Claw and a very limited liquor selection. Small German food menu in the next shipping container over--I had a brat that was very good. There was a classical music horn quartet and a house band doing pop Christmas carols--both were a lot of fun. The latter brought out a giant Alpine horn for one song (think "Ri....colllllla") which is just not something you see every day. Prices are not cheap, but in line with a food truck, as opposed to a theme park.

It's only the second day of operation, and it was only afternoon, but staff outnumbered guests. Workers were all incredibly friendly, tho. The owner clearly has faith, the shop is packed with branded merch. It's such an off-beat place I'm pulling for him to succeed.
This sounds like a classic Florida roadside attraction. He just need to put up billboards along the turnpike.

Definitely a place where you get murdered

Luckily I’m not looking at Kissimmee for this attraction. Feels good for tourist, if expand, for people like my fam.

What , no dinosaurs or gators? :eek:O:....Maybe this is where Primeval Whirl ends up. :lol: