Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Las Vegas Attractions News/Updates

There was recent word earlier this year that they were still going to try to restore that place, but I figure it's pretty doubtful now.

So uh, little story:

MGM Resorts has been trying to replace the TOGO trains from Manhattan Express, with Premier Sky Rocket trains. However, as they have been testing..a derailing has occured, damaging the cars and the catwalks.

The TOGO curse lives on.

Last edited:

This is a really good video on the history of the coaster, I've always wanted to go on it..but costs too much and I hate bumpy coasters so doubt I will ever ride it but looks cool

Also I was considering going to vegas for New Years....rooms are dirt cheap but man the taxes just double any prices making me just not care enough to go

So finally pulled the trigger and doing a half day at work Friday and going to Vegas next weekend.
Friday Night planning on checking in and going to Area15 (AREA15 Videos | Get A Glimpse OF Our Unique Experience) which is free if you don't do the exhibits

Then GoCity Pass for Vegas (if anyone has used these before and has tips, love to hear them) My plan is to hit the Bodies Exhibit, The HighRoller ride, Zipline at the LINQ, Marvel exhibit and Hunger Games Exhibit (never even heard of this but sign me up) and if they let me the Titanic Exhibit but some note on the website made it look like its closed but on Luxors website they are selling tickets...so emailed them to see if they just forgot to update there website since COVID hit.

Staying at the Flamingo (never stayed here..been in the hotel a bunch of times) for a little over 140 bucks (2 nights) so not bad. Any advice about COVID stuff let me know, but I have no issues wearing a mask and don't plan to gamble. Just get out and do some stuff for 48 hours.

FYI, if you didn't know already, but Adventuredome just recently opened up the new Nebulaz ride. It looks fun, been wanting to go on one!

Not sure what's open and how Vegas is running during these times, but if they are open, try to hit Zac Bagan's Haunted Museum (expensive, but very worth it, believer or not) and The Mob Museum in downtown, which holds 4 stories of surprisingly well-curated exhibits, and a "speakeasy" in the basement. Was way better than I expected it to be... it's a bona fide museum, not just a tourist trap.

Stayed at the Flamingo ages ago... it was so-so, but I'm sure a lot's changed since then. And the LINQ and all the food right are right there (recommend the Gordon Ramsay Fish and Chips right there).

Area 15 looks cool based on what I've seen so far. I'm personally waiting until Covid is over and I can have the full experience.

FYI, if you didn't know already, but Adventuredome just recently opened up the new Nebulaz ride. It looks fun, been wanting to go on one!

Not sure what's open and how Vegas is running during these times, but if they are open, try to hit Zac Bagan's Haunted Museum (expensive, but very worth it, believer or not) and The Mob Museum in downtown, which holds 4 stories of surprisingly well-curated exhibits, and a "speakeasy" in the basement. Was way better than I expected it to be... it's a bona fide museum, not just a tourist trap.

Stayed at the Flamingo ages ago... it was so-so, but I'm sure a lot's changed since then. And the LINQ and all the food right are right there (recommend the Gordon Ramsay Fish and Chips right there).

Area 15 looks cool based on what I've seen so far. I'm personally waiting until Covid is over and I can have the full experience.
I know, that was my first plan but then I saw the Go pass and it was like 133 bucks (for 2 days) and had a 25 GC for Groupon so it was too cheap to pass on and I know Adventuredome will be there next time I want to visit but no clue how Long Hunger Games Exhibit will be there.
I if I have time would love to do the Mob Museum, I've only heard good things but its location is so far from the other attractions I'll have to see if I can get to it and everything else.

Flamingo room looks fine, I mean with how much I have planned I will sleep in there and shower and thats it, the location is what works well for me and near what I want to do and see and the price was the cheapest besides like Circus Circus (which honestly if it was summer time...i might stay there if I;m on my own because of the new water slides they have)

I know, that was my first plan but then I saw the Go pass and it was like 133 bucks (for 2 days) and had a 25 GC for Groupon so it was too cheap to pass on and I know Adventuredome will be there next time I want to visit but no clue how Long Hunger Games Exhibit will be there.
I if I have time would love to do the Mob Museum, I've only heard good things but its location is so far from the other attractions I'll have to see if I can get to it and everything else.

Flamingo room looks fine, I mean with how much I have planned I will sleep in there and shower and thats it, the location is what works well for me and near what I want to do and see and the price was the cheapest besides like Circus Circus (which honestly if it was summer time...i might stay there if I;m on my own because of the new water slides they have)
I'd still stay off Fremont st., pretty sure that is where I got my dose back in February. There or I was a spreader there and brought it from the coast.

This news is a few days old, but no one's posted about it, so here you go:

This is a surprise to me! Last year or two I've driven past it, the place looked completely abandoned and I figured it was doomed. It'll be interesting to hear if they eventually bring back the rides. While I've been on Desperado a number of times, I've still never been on the log ride.

This is a surprise to me! Last year or two I've driven past it, the place looked completely abandoned and I figured it was doomed. It'll be interesting to hear if they eventually bring back the rides. While I've been on Desperado a number of times, I've still never been on the log ride.

Interesting I was searching yesterday about this hotel. When going to their website, it gives a warning that it may be hacked, so beware. At least on my computer.

Any word on if this finally re-opened? Going to Vegas with my family for a short 3 day vacation, and I would love to go on it again. I haven't been on it in years and it was my first coaster that went above 100 feet for me.

Oh yeah, I've also been on the Log Ride once in the past.