Let's play being head of Universal Creative... | Page 15 | Inside Universal Forums

Let's play being head of Universal Creative...

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Not really relating to anything here perese but I don’t know where else to post this; is there a thread similar to this but it’s more like, say, make your own Universal theme park (like anywhere in the world); or at least something like this but I don’t have to be realistic?

I’m going to ignore Orlando. This is merely the lineup for an idea of a Uni park somewhere in the world (to give a guess, maybe this is in London or France, whatever), opened somewhere in the early or mid 2000s.
I tried to be realistic at first but eventually went for a “do whatever” mentality. In this, the park also made a deal with Marvel to include some of the properties in the park.

LANDS
  • Universal Harbor of Adventure
  • Jurassic Park
  • Egypt Timey-Wimey
  • Universal Horror
  • Amity Village
  • New York
  • Hill Valley Timey-Wimey

I’m going to ignore Orlando. This is merely the lineup for an idea of a Uni park somewhere in the world (to give a guess, maybe this is in London or France, whatever), opened somewhere in the early or mid 2000s.
I tried to be realistic at first but eventually went for a “do whatever” mentality. In this, the park also made a deal with Marvel to include some of the properties in the park.

LANDS
  • Universal Harbor of Adventure
  • Jurassic Park
  • Egypt Timey-Wimey
  • Universal Horror
  • Amity Village
  • New York
  • Hill Valley Timey-Wimey

Seems like a neat idea. Are gonna describe what the lands look like and what attractions they have? It would be nice to see some more posts like how the Disney parks have the imagineering forum.

Seems like a neat idea. Are gonna describe what the lands look like and what attractions they have? It would be nice to see some more posts like how the Disney parks have the imagineering forum.

Probably eventually but I’ll have to look more on other theme parks and theme park design in general as basis for my ideas so it’ll be later.

With the rumored/possible NBCUniversal WBD merger coming in 2024, a lot of us theme park fans have let our imaginations run wild on the possible synergies this could mean for the Universal Parks. The most exciting prospect would be a DC based land as it would not shock me if Universal tries to cut a deal with Six Flags to get the theme park rights for DC. At Universal Orlando this would go in USF (I know you would say IOA to replace Super Hero Island but due to the content of the land it would make sense to do this in USF and redevelop Superhero Island into a Pokemon area as Pokemon is a good fit for IOA and USJ's Spiderman ride is rumored to be replaced with a Pokemon overlay that can easily be cloned at IOA for return on investment on the R&D for the ride) and would take over World Expo and Springfield. At USH it would go in the lower lot where the soundstages to the right of Transformers are at when they decide to demo them for much sought after USH expansion. How off to you guys. If you were designing this DC land, what experiences and rides would you create for it?

With the rumored/possible NBCUniversal WBD merger coming in 2024, a lot of us theme park fans have let our imaginations run wild on the possible synergies this could mean for the Universal Parks. The most exciting prospect would be a DC based land as it would not shock me if Universal tries to cut a deal with Six Flags to get the theme park rights for DC. At Universal Orlando this would go in USF (I know you would say IOA to replace Super Hero Island but due to the content of the land it would make sense to do this in USF and redevelop Superhero Island into a Pokemon area as Pokemon is a good fit for IOA and USJ's Spiderman ride is rumored to be replaced with a Pokemon overlay that can easily be cloned at IOA for return on investment on the R&D for the ride) and would take over World Expo and Springfield. At USH it would go in the lower lot where the soundstages to the right of Transformers are at when they decide to demo them for much sought after USH expansion. How off to you guys. If you were designing this DC land, what experiences and rides would you create for it?
I don't think they would give up marvel for dc, I mean nothing says they can't have both right? It would be a real power by universal, having the 2 biggest comic book brands and keeping Disney still from using marvel.

I would think Gotham would probably be the first land they would built though even as a batman fan, I'm kinda over how much warner/dc focuses on him. So I would prefer a massive land/expansion that's half metropolis which would be outdoors and half Gotham that would be in-doors which would helped replicate the Gothic atmosphere as well as let the land be set at nighttime. I do have the basics idea for land already in my mind but gotta write it down since I have lots of details I would want to include

Then as a Wonder woman fanboy, definitely themyscira as the next expansion. Maybe make it another dual expansion and include Atlantis which would be in-doors like gotham

I’m thinking of putting Latveria from Fantastic Four into my Uni park; anyone got any references for it like pics? I don’t want to just copy Doctor Doom’s Fearfall.

V2 of the wherever Universal park concept.

Universal’s Harbor of Adventure
  • Would feature a giant centerpiece at the center

Jurassic Park
  • Same as Orlando’s
  • Jurassic Park Ride
  • Camp Jurassic
  • Dino Encounter
  • Discovery Center
  • Jurassic Outfitters
  • All new dining area

Egypt Timey-Wimey
  • Exhibit based on either Egyptian animals (probably small though) or actual artifacts
  • Revenge of the Mummy (opened after 2004)
  • Either a haunted house or Poseidon’s Fuey style attraction based on a haunted museum, The Scorpion King or the Egyptian Underworld
  • Restaurant based on the Egyptian Palace
  • Stage Show based on
Uni Horror
  • Castle Dracula (either elaborate haunted house or Poseidon’s Fury-style walkthrough)
  • Roller coaster based on the Wolfman
  • Phantom of the Opera musical (or based on Frankenstein)
  • Restaurant based on one of the Classic Monsters

Amity Village
  • JAWS the Ride
  • Classic style haunted dark ride based on Chucky
  • Amity Landing Restaurant

New York
  • The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man
  • Xavier Institute Ride
  • Fantastic Four experience
  • Either King Kong Encounter or Kongfrontation
  • Big Apple restaurant
  • Marvel comic store
  • Finnegan’s
  • Safari Outfitters

Hill Valley Timey-Wimey
  • Back to the Future Rollercoaster
  • E.T. Adventure
  • 3-D Film
  • Cafe 80s

Yet another armchair imagineered idea for USH if the NBCU WBD happens. A Hannah Barbara land on the upper lot. This would replace Water World. One idea I though of so far would be a ride like Midway Mania that features Penelope Pitstop. And no she would not be captured like she was in the show. But it could also be themed to Wacky Racers more generally I say those two as they are different than Scooby Doo which already has had theme park rides at other parks. But anyways If you think a HB land would be a good idea and sign off and let me know what you would do for it.

With the Illumination area teased today, I was tossing around a few ideas on what else could be included.

In my ideal scenario, Grinchmas runs year round in the BMG Theatre and Sing on Tour takes over Despicable Me after a thorough gutting. This way, IOA bandaids their show issue for the time-being and USF gets a family friendly show for that end of the park.

Transformers actually becomes SLoP in this hypothetical. I know the height difference is off compared to Hollywood SLoP (by 6”) but I low key despise the placement of Transformers and think it’s an eyesore next to NY. With SLoP sliding in that spot, the facade can be fully brownstoned to make the transition into NY more natural. A change in story and queue is obvious but the track and ride vehicle would need minimal changes.

RRR gets replaced by an Intamin Vertical Launch coaster. I love the idea of theming it to Gru’s rocket (which was a brilliant suggestion I saw on Reddit earlier) but recognize that the height requirement would be even more restrictive for kids. If I’m Universal then I take the chance and go through with it.

Hello Kitty building becomes a M&G area with immersive sets and rotating characters. Every ride has a gift shop which mitigates the need for a central store that houses all Illumination merch.

I know the park as a whole needs a ton of work, but this completes Illumination for me.

Last edited:
With the Illumination area teased today, I was tossing around a few ideas on what else could be included.

In my ideal scenario, Grinchmas runs year round in the BMG Theatre and Sing in Tour takes over Despicable Me after a thorough gutting. This way, IOA bandaids their show issue for the time-being and USF gets a family friendly show for that end of the park.

Transformers actually becomes SLoP in this hypothetical. I know the height difference is off compared to Hollywood SLoP (by 6”) but I low key despise the placement of Transformers and think it’s an eyesore next to NY. With SLoP sliding in that spot, the facade can be fully brownstoned to make the transition into NY more natural. A change in story and queue is obvious but the track and ride vehicle would need minimal changes.

RRR gets replaced by an Intamin Vertical Launch coaster. I love the idea of theming it to Gru’s rocket (which was a brilliant suggestion I saw on Reddit earlier) but recognize that the height requirement would be even more restrictive for kids. If I’m Universal then I take the chance and go through with it.

Hello Kitty building becomes a M&G area with immersive sets and rotating characters. Every ride has a gift shop which mitigates the need for a central store that houses all Illumination merch.

I know the park as a whole needs a ton of work, but this completes Illumination for me.
I like this plan, but I doubt Transformers is going anywhere anytime soon.

Transformers actually becomes SLoP in this hypothetical.
giphy.gif

In my ideal scenario, Grinchmas runs year round in the BMG Theatre and Sing in Tour takes over Despicable Me after a thorough gutting. This way, IOA bandaids their show issue for the time-being and USF gets a family friendly show for that end of the park.

Another option for a coaster could be the coaster they ride on at Super Silly fun land from the first Despicable Me I believe this is also at Universal Beijing. Maybe they could also demo some soundstages in addition to BMG. Sing could go in BMG or a new building back there. There may also be a new IP Universal will want to use by the time they properly expand this new Illumination land.

Reactions: RedButton
I'm definitely hoping for them to expand out to BMG. They definitely have room to put something there.

I mentioned this on another thread before it was closed - but my biggest area of intrigue is Fear Factor. There is enough room there for a significant change.

Reactions: belloq87