Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Let's play being head of Universal Creative...

Also have a question: if SLoP comes to Orlando, would you want them to find it a spot in New York (it’s set in Manhattan) or replace shrek?
New York. I'm always one for more rides, and I think Shrek isn't the first priority for replacement (Kidzone, F&F), so it's got some life left in it. Personally, I'd like to see it eat up the Arcade and Mummy's Gift Shop.

If they could find a way to squeeze SLOP into New York as an addition (or replacement for Race Through New York, but that's not happening), I'd be fine that.

But short of that, it should replace Shrek. The front of the park needs another non-screens attraction immediately.

Do any NBC Television properties fit in the parks? We've seen Fallon for synergy, but are there any other shows that would work in the parks?

Ive mentioned it in a few other threads but I really think an SNL show could work if they're ever willing to do a "studio" like show again. SNL live experience is supposed to be so fun with obviously the host/MG, but also the set changes during sketches, could make for a really unique experience. I really think one of the soundstage used for HHN/Potter celebration could benefit from adding onto "30 rock"

Updating what my hopes/what I would now with the new information we have, plus trying to make realistic expectations. Or, somewhat lol. Meant to fun and harmless speculation, add yours as well.

2020:
-Bourne
-Dockside opening.
-Kidzone closes early August, minus Animal Actors and ET. Land clear for future expansion.

2021:
-Velocicoaster, updated Discovery Center and remove any restaurant attached and make it a living Dinosaur museum walk through attraction, add restaurant as well since you're removing some.
- New parade at USF. "Central Perk" opens in the NY section at USF.
- Universal Studios Store expansion at City Walk (new permits, just speculating here). During HHN an Epic Universe model/presentation is added to this store and kept through summer 2022.
- Fear Factor closes for soon replacement.

2022:
- Volcano Bay expansion, including 3 slides along with another aqua coaster and seating. 1 more quick service added.
- Multilevel Nintendo Store opens at Universal CityWalk where current Universal store is.
- Lost Continent minus Mythos closes for future expansion.
- Shrek closes.
- Brand new Family Feud show/attraction opens in place of Fear Factor. Guests compete against each other, interactive show with audience participation taking the "survey" beforehand.
- Close Monsters Cafe

2023:
- Epic Universe opens featuring Super Nintendo World, Universal Classic Monsters, Wizarding World of Fantastic Beasts, and How To Train Your Dragon. Along with 3 hotels, and small entertainment center featuring restaurants, themed shopping, and a theatre show of some type (Wicked, Cursed Child would be the dream).
- New restaurant added to Citywalk, replacing the BK Whopper Bar. Maybe some Mac and Cheese bar type.

2024:
- Dreamworks Theatre featuring Trolls replaces Shrek. Same tech as Hollywood, could be fun and colorful musical type show. Then obviously merch $$$.
- Surfside Expansion opens
- Margaritaville Closes

2025:
- Zelda opens at Islands of Adventure featuring Hyrule. A dark boat ride that also goes through the town a tiny bit, then the show that was rumored for this in the castle, multilevel moving room almost ride type show.
- New Shipwreked themed restaurant opens replacing Margaritaville. Original concept, could be quite the visual.

2026:
- Kung Fu Panda Land of Awesomeness opens at USF replacing Kidzone. 2 flat rides already shown, e ticket boat ride, and a d/e ticket family ride coaster added.
- Revenge of The Mummy Closes for replacement.

2027:
- New hotel added to Epic Universe campus.
- Pokemon opens at Epic Universe
- Hollywood Rip Ride Rocket Closes for replacement

Thats as far as my brain can think lol. Thanks for anyone who bothered reading, just my thoughts/speculation. Lmk what ya think and post yours!

Updating what my hopes/what I would now with the new information we have, plus trying to make realistic expectations. Or, somewhat lol. Meant to fun and harmless speculation, add yours as well.

2020:
-Bourne
-Dockside opening.
-Kidzone closes early August, minus Animal Actors and ET. Land clear for future expansion.

2021:
-Velocicoaster, updated Discovery Center and remove any restaurant attached and make it a living Dinosaur museum walk through attraction, add restaurant as well since you're removing some.
- New parade at USF. "Central Perk" opens in the NY section at USF.
- Universal Studios Store expansion at City Walk (new permits, just speculating here). During HHN an Epic Universe model/presentation is added to this store and kept through summer 2022.
- Fear Factor closes for soon replacement.

2022:
- Volcano Bay expansion, including 3 slides along with another aqua coaster and seating. 1 more quick service added.
- Multilevel Nintendo Store opens at Universal CityWalk where current Universal store is.
- Lost Continent minus Mythos closes for future expansion.
- Shrek closes.
- Brand new Family Feud show/attraction opens in place of Fear Factor. Guests compete against each other, interactive show with audience participation taking the "survey" beforehand.
- Close Monsters Cafe

2023:
- Epic Universe opens featuring Super Nintendo World, Universal Classic Monsters, Wizarding World of Fantastic Beasts, and How To Train Your Dragon. Along with 3 hotels, and small entertainment center featuring restaurants, themed shopping, and a theatre show of some type (Wicked, Cursed Child would be the dream).
- New restaurant added to Citywalk, replacing the BK Whopper Bar. Maybe some Mac and Cheese bar type.

2024:
- Dreamworks Theatre featuring Trolls replaces Shrek. Same tech as Hollywood, could be fun and colorful musical type show. Then obviously merch $$$.
- Surfside Expansion opens
- Margaritaville Closes

2025:
- Zelda opens at Islands of Adventure featuring Hyrule. A dark boat ride that also goes through the town a tiny bit, then the show that was rumored for this in the castle, multilevel moving room almost ride type show.
- New Shipwreked themed restaurant opens replacing Margaritaville. Original concept, could be quite the visual.

2026:
- Kung Fu Panda Land of Awesomeness opens at USF replacing Kidzone. 2 flat rides already shown, e ticket boat ride, and a d/e ticket family ride coaster added.
- Revenge of The Mummy Closes for replacement.

2027:
- New hotel added to Epic Universe campus.
- Pokemon opens at Epic Universe
- Hollywood Rip Ride Rocket Closes for replacement

Thats as far as my brain can think lol. Thanks for anyone who bothered reading, just my thoughts/speculation. Lmk what ya think and post yours!

Love it, but you should adjust Kidzone closure. KFP land won’t open until 6 years after your ideal closure.

Love it, but you should adjust Kidzone closure. KFP land won’t open until 6 years after your ideal closure.
That’s fair, but I could see it being a slow build. You really could have Animal Actors and ET and Spongebob store all still open until 2024/2025 or so which wouldn’t kill the area. Would force some more people into Animal Actors and on ET anyways which could be good for merch sales. I think it’d be more to save $ on operating costs plus making room for HHN for a few years if other projects prohibit where houses can go

Always remember, and don't underestimate, the sheer power of the "The Kidzone Curse". ;):lol:
Hence why it won’t be replaced for another 7 years :)
Realistically though I could see them expand the area the fit KFP along with another dreamworks property where Simpsons currently is. Keep that going until 2024 or so. I don’t want it to leave but just gotta be realistic, I tried being realistic with this list as much as I possibly could

Updating my thoughts a bit since we have some new rumors, mainly the LOTR rumor, and I have nothing to do today but eat some fun brownies. As always, thread is meant for pure fun and speculation. I try and be somewhat realistic going in, but I admittedly am not an expert nor do I know budgets or the rights to certain things. So, with that being said:

2020: Dockside, Bourne. Shrek closes in August. New parade at USF debuts this summer as well.

2021: Velocicoaster, update to Discovery Center making it a walk through family attraction. Maybe interact with some Dinos a bit as well. Similar to a lot of the streemosphere in Hollywood at JW, but to a more, shall we say, "Epic" scale. Advertise it as the 3rd attraction in the area. Blue can keep his own raptor encounter.
New Universal Studios Store opens in the current plot of Fossil, Piq, and the other stores I can't currently name. Epic Universe preview center takes place of current Universal Studios Store in Citywalk during HHN, runs through the summer of 2022.
Kidzone closes minus Animal Actors and ET.

2022: Dreamworks Theatre replaces Shrek featuring Trolls. Fits the "Production Central" theme more than SLOP does, plus this is likely a cheaper addition.
Volcano Bay expansion with a smaller Aqua Coaster and 2-3 slides surrounding it. More seating, including premiere/luxury seating, as well as 1 more major quick service station.
Fear Factor closes with no replacement in sight.
Toon Lagoon Closes for soon replacement

2023: Universal's Epic Universe opens with Super Nintendo World, Classic Monsters, Wizarding World of Fantastic Beasts, and How To Train Your Dragon based lands. 3 hotels.
New multistory Nintendo Store opens and replaces the current Universal Studios Store.

2024: Family Feud Show opens in place of Fear Factor
Central Perk opens in place of the Classic Monsters Cafe in USF.
Margaritaville Closes early 2024 for soon replacement.
Lost Contient Closes minus Mythos in late 2024 for soon replacement.
Animal Actors Closes

2025: New resort on Epic property opens, largest they have ever built.
LOTR opens in place of Toon Lagoon in IOA. Raft type thrill ride, along with a family mine coaster of some sorts. The attraction possibilities here are endless. Likely, more based around the Hobbit.
New shipwrecked theme restaurant opens in place of Margaritaville, adding more capacity and another original restaurant concept from Universal.

2026: Kung Fu Panda Land of Awesomeness opens in place of Kidzone at USF. Featuring an E ticket boat ride, flats, as well as adding a small family coaster not included in the Beijing plans.
Mummy Closes for soon replacement.

Luigi's Mansion massive E ticket takes over Lost Continent/Poseidon Fury's area. Large shooting E ticket type ride, goes down as one of the largest Universal has ever built.

2027: Pokemon opens in the expansion plot at Epic Universe. Massive E ticket similar to the original SLOP plans, as well as a major E ticket ride in Pokemon stadium.

2028: Ghsotbusters themed attraction replaces Mummy. Similar tech used for Newt's Beasts Coaster.

Thats as far as I'm thinking without getting too unrealistic and speculatory. Honestly, I think up to 2026/27 this is somewhat realistic of what we could be getting here. The future is very exciting for this resort and company, its hard not to think about it all the time!

Lost Universal Land- Bring Back Iconic Attractions updated with today's technology. Jaws, Back to the Future, Beatlejuice Graveyard Review, Wild West Stunt Show, move and update ET.