- Sep 15, 2019
Also have a question: if SLoP comes to Orlando, would you want them to find it a spot in New York (it’s set in Manhattan) or replace shrek?
New York. I'm always one for more rides, and I think Shrek isn't the first priority for replacement (Kidzone, F&F), so it's got some life left in it. Personally, I'd like to see it eat up the Arcade and Mummy's Gift Shop.
Updating what my hopes/what I would now with the new information we have, plus trying to make realistic expectations. Or, somewhat lol. Meant to fun and harmless speculation, add yours as well.
-Kidzone closes early August, minus Animal Actors and ET. Land clear for future expansion.
-Velocicoaster, updated Discovery Center and remove any restaurant attached and make it a living Dinosaur museum walk through attraction, add restaurant as well since you're removing some.
- New parade at USF. "Central Perk" opens in the NY section at USF.
- Universal Studios Store expansion at City Walk (new permits, just speculating here). During HHN an Epic Universe model/presentation is added to this store and kept through summer 2022.
- Fear Factor closes for soon replacement.
- Volcano Bay expansion, including 3 slides along with another aqua coaster and seating. 1 more quick service added.
- Multilevel Nintendo Store opens at Universal CityWalk where current Universal store is.
- Lost Continent minus Mythos closes for future expansion.
- Shrek closes.
- Brand new Family Feud show/attraction opens in place of Fear Factor. Guests compete against each other, interactive show with audience participation taking the "survey" beforehand.
- Close Monsters Cafe
- Epic Universe opens featuring Super Nintendo World, Universal Classic Monsters, Wizarding World of Fantastic Beasts, and How To Train Your Dragon. Along with 3 hotels, and small entertainment center featuring restaurants, themed shopping, and a theatre show of some type (Wicked, Cursed Child would be the dream).
- New restaurant added to Citywalk, replacing the BK Whopper Bar. Maybe some Mac and Cheese bar type.
- Dreamworks Theatre featuring Trolls replaces Shrek. Same tech as Hollywood, could be fun and colorful musical type show. Then obviously merch $$$.
- Surfside Expansion opens
- Margaritaville Closes
- Zelda opens at Islands of Adventure featuring Hyrule. A dark boat ride that also goes through the town a tiny bit, then the show that was rumored for this in the castle, multilevel moving room almost ride type show.
- New Shipwreked themed restaurant opens replacing Margaritaville. Original concept, could be quite the visual.
- Kung Fu Panda Land of Awesomeness opens at USF replacing Kidzone. 2 flat rides already shown, e ticket boat ride, and a d/e ticket family ride coaster added.
- Revenge of The Mummy Closes for replacement.
- New hotel added to Epic Universe campus.
- Pokemon opens at Epic Universe
- Hollywood Rip Ride Rocket Closes for replacement
Thats as far as my brain can think lol. Thanks for anyone who bothered reading, just my thoughts/speculation. Lmk what ya think and post yours!
That’s fair, but I could see it being a slow build. You really could have Animal Actors and ET and Spongebob store all still open until 2024/2025 or so which wouldn’t kill the area. Would force some more people into Animal Actors and on ET anyways which could be good for merch sales. I think it’d be more to save $ on operating costs plus making room for HHN for a few years if other projects prohibit where houses can goLove it, but you should adjust Kidzone closure. KFP land won’t open until 6 years after your ideal closure.
Hence why it won’t be replaced for another 7 yearsAlways remember, and don't underestimate, the sheer power of the "The Kidzone Curse".