Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Let's play being head of Universal Creative...

What I would do for each park's first project post EU (I doubt either park gets a new ride before then):
-Iron Man themed Vekoma Launched flying coaster
-Similar to the post above, SLOP in Shrek and a Show in BMG

All three projects would be relatively cost effective and bring big benefits
I think you'll see a retheme of MSHI to another property before you see a new Marvel attraction.

What I would do for each park's first project post EU (I doubt either park gets a new ride before then):

I could see SLOP getting fast tracked similar to Transformers.

I would love to see a Vekoma flying coaster for Iron Man. I think you've mentioned the idea before but I can't see another coaster getting added to IOA after VC and Hagrids.

Despite other opinions, there are never too many coasters at IOA...The launched flying coaster looks amazing

I could see SLOP getting fast tracked similar to Transformers.

I would love to see a Vekoma flying coaster for Iron Man. I think you've mentioned the idea before but I can't see another coaster getting added to IOA after VC and Hagrids.
I’ll believe SLOP getting fast tracked when I see it. It would be nice, but I’m not expecting it with EU starting back up.

Coasters are just money. People love them. Idk if they’ll add another one, but I’d love it.

I’ll believe SLOP getting fast tracked when I see it. It would be nice, but I’m not expecting it with EU starting back up.

Coasters are just money. People love them. Idk if they’ll add another one, but I’d love it.

I think the 4 year gap is too much between now and EU opening to not add something.

It makes sense that USF will be the one to get some love this time around and SLOP seems like a sure bet given the early response.

Would I be upset about a Vekoma flying coaster?

Hell no. It fits the IP perfectly. It adds variety to the 3 sit down launched coasters already in IOA and the resort in general. Universal adding a new Marvel ride while Disney get started on theirs would be fun to watch. Add in that Universal have been killing it with their themed outdoor coasters.

I think the 4 year gap is too much between now and EU opening to not add something.

It makes sense that USF will be the one to get some love this time around and SLOP seems like a sure bet given the early response.

Would I be upset about a Vekoma flying coaster?

Hell no. It fits the IP perfectly. It adds variety to the 3 sit down launched coasters already in IOA and the resort in general. Universal adding a new Marvel ride while Disney get started on theirs would be fun to watch. Add in that Universal have been killing it with their themed outdoor coasters.
SLOP would just help to break that area up a bit

I know we've discussed the screens thing to death, but it feel like the right move to place SLOP in Shrek

As far as coasters...In my dreams, Studios would get another one at the back of the park

This. I think a show of some sort replacing Barney (Trolls) in late ‘21/‘22, then SLoP in late ‘22/‘23 helps easily round out the park. Maybe a F&F fix if they have an easy idea for it. Then spend ‘23/‘24 refreshing the crown jewels of both parks with rehabs and small upgrades before EU opens in Fall ‘24 or Spring ‘25.

Ideally, I'd like IOA to add another attraction that I can actually ride before going back to the giant coaster well.
This. I think a show of some sort replacing Barney (Trolls) in late ‘21/‘22, then SLoP in late ‘22/‘23 helps easily round out the park. Maybe a F&F fix if they have an easy idea for it. Then spend ‘23/‘24 refreshing the crown jewels of both parks with rehabs and small upgrades before EU opens in Fall ‘24 or Spring ‘25.
giphy.gif

With all the talk of SLOP and wanting it to come to UOR.

This is what I would do.

View attachment 14345

Ideally, if you can remove HRRR.

View attachment 14344
If HRRR were to go, that would open up a ton of space where you have "Expansion" labeled.

Between the BMG theater, the BMG plaza, and the HRRR area, that frees up about 120,000 sq ft of area. This might be the most effective way of executing the Illumination Way concept.

This makes me go hmmmm. Since DMMM is already hamstrung with the 3D removal, is there an argument to REPLACE it with Slop?
Well it's the only representation of them in the parks in ride form and they are wildly popular, so I can't see them simply being replaced, specifically if it means Shrek survives yet again lol

Now moving Minions in favor of a more expanded area like in Beijing and a proper Minions dark ride, I could get on board with that

If they were to expand to BMG, put SLOP there, then Shrek still remains. Is there any reason why Shrek can’t become “Illumination Theatre”, instead of Dreamworks based? It’d fit the area better if it were an Illumination 4-D theatre attraction, granted I’m not sure the IP that’d be used.

Although once that Mario movie comes out.... maybe an excuse for another Mario and friends attraction? Not expecting, just spitballing.

I wonder if USF will stay Nintendo free. If Pokemon goes to EU, as idk what other Nintendo property takes over that space other than more Mario, I could see them getting left out. If any park was to miss out, should probably be your “home” park, with all the events and HHN type things to bring guests back, there is always a draw to this park, oh, and Diagon Alley.

The more I’ve thought about it the more I want Kung Fu Panda in kidzone. Probably easiest place to hide that building, flat rides, and a boat ride. Also indoors in Florida is needed. I’ve thought for awhile this would fit in LC but Zelda is likely much better for that park.

For some reason I get the feeling that Kidzone becomes a Trolls area. Kung Fu Panda would be great though!

I'll continue dreaming of an Animal Crossing land.. lol

I wonder if USF will stay Nintendo free. If Pokemon goes to EU, as idk what other Nintendo property takes over that space other than more Mario, I could see them getting left out. If any park was to miss out, should probably be your “home” park, with all the events and HHN type things to bring guests back, there is always a draw to this park, oh, and Diagon Alley.

The more I’ve thought about it the more I want Kung Fu Panda in kidzone. Probably easiest place to hide that building, flat rides, and a boat ride. Also indoors in Florida is needed. I’ve thought for awhile this would fit in LC but Zelda is likely much better for that park.

This would finally give USF an indoor boat ride. I think that alone would help the feel of the park.