Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Let's play being head of Universal Creative...

Now that the VelociCoaster has arrived, this is currently what I'd address between now and the opening of Epic Universe in (we assume) 2025.

- Add the Creature from the Black Lagoon boat ride to EU's opening day lineup.
- Build the Secret Life of Pets ride in USF on Shrek's plot with an aggressive, Transformers-style construction schedule. (Fall 2022)
- Reclaim some space from the Blue Man Group theater for park use, and either install a version of the Lights, Camera, Action! show from Singapore OR create a slightly grander Universal Legacy Store, purpose-built to showcase the resort's history. Sort of a One Man's Dream: Universal Edition that also doubles as a store. If Universal still has some of the larger elements (interactive and otherwise) from the Hitchcock post-show or the old Kongfrontation photo op stored away somewhere, just as examples, this would be a perfect place for them. (Summer 2023)
- New live show of fairly large, epic scale in the Sindbad, Toon Lagoon, or Fear Factor theaters. (Summer 2024)
- Throughout these four years, rotate through existing rides that could use some love (particularly E.T. and River Adventure) and give them healthy refurbishments. Introduce a new finale for Horror Makeup somewhere in here, too.

I tried to keep those ideas reasonable; it would have been easy to say things like "demolish F&F" or "rebuild Jaws in KidZone," and I would genuinely like those things, but there's no way they'd realistically happen. And adding one new ride plus a show or two over a four year period doesn't sound financially out-of-bounds, either.

I'd also like to have whatever is going to replace KidZone ready to open for Fall 2026.

Now that the VelociCoaster has arrived, this is currently what I'd address between now and the opening of Epic Universe in (we assume) 2025.

- Add the Creature from the Black Lagoon boat ride to EU's opening day lineup.
- Build the Secret Life of Pets ride in USF on Shrek's plot with an aggressive, Transformers-style construction schedule. (Fall 2022)
- Reclaim some space from the Blue Man Group theater for park use, and either install a version of the Lights, Camera, Action! show from Singapore OR create a slightly grander Universal Legacy Store, purpose-built to showcase the resort's history. Sort of a One Man's Dream: Universal Edition that also doubles as a store. If Universal still has some of the larger elements (interactive and otherwise) from the Hitchcock post-show or the old Kongfrontation photo op stored away somewhere, just as examples, this would be a perfect place for them. (Summer 2023)
- New live show of fairly large, epic scale in the Sindbad, Toon Lagoon, or Fear Factor theaters. (Summer 2024)
- Throughout these four years, rotate through existing rides that could use some love (particularly E.T. and River Adventure) and give them healthy refurbishments. Introduce a new finale for Horror Makeup somewhere in here, too.

I tried to keep those ideas reasonable; it would have been easy to say things like "demolish F&F" or "rebuild Jaws in KidZone," and I would genuinely like those things, but there's no way they'd realistically happen. And adding one new ride plus a show or two over a four year period doesn't sound financially out-of-bounds, either.

I'd also like to have whatever is going to replace KidZone ready to open for Fall 2026.
I think it has to be only a matter of time until SLOP comes to Orlando. It's just too easy!

If SLOP were to make a fall, or December debut for 2022 at USF, when is a realistic timeline to expect Shrek to close? All hypotheticals, but I know it took 13 months for Transformers I believe, not sure if this ride can handle that kind of construction or not but I see no reason why not.

Unless they have a concept for a Minion ride that is similiar, it’d be just silly to not bring SLOP over at this point.

May I be so curious as to ask what Cine-Mayhem is?
Conceptually, it would be a “thesis” attraction for the Studios. I imagine it has a higher energy “Great Movie Ride” that combines the RV kinetics of Men in Black with mixed practical/film sets of SLoP. Story-wise, it’s literally an adventure into Universal movies along the lines of CineMagique from Disneyland Paris.

Conceptually, it would be a “thesis” attraction for the Studios. I imagine it has a higher energy “Great Movie Ride” that combines the RV kinetics of Men in Black with mixed practical/film sets of SLoP. Story-wise, it’s literally an adventure into Universal movies along the lines of CineMagique from Disneyland Paris.

Wasn't that the concept for the original monster ride but Universal wanted to go bigger?

Wasn't that the concept for the original monster ride but Universal wanted to go bigger?
I think that was the idea they were going with. We don’t know if it was a desire to go “bigger” or simply “more immersive” though.

Going ahead and doing something of my own...

1622598973666.png

Brown = Godzilla: Rise of The Monsters (2.85 Acres) (indoor dark ride with 8-person capsule pod vehicles moving alongside a track [Avengers IMG]. Based off of Godzilla vs. Kong, focuses on an expedition to Hollow Earth gone wrong, leading to a chaotic finale battle against Godzilla and King Ghidorah in Tokyo.) [Phase 1 = 2028]
Light Blue: Fast & Furious Turbocharged (2.84 Acres) (Indoor/Partial Outdoor Dynamic Attractions speed-dark coaster, with racing elements on multiple floors. Inspired by sequences from Tokyo Drift) [Phase 2 = 2030]
Red: Coke Bar
Pink: Hello Kitty's Huff and Tuff (Retheme of Kang and Kodo's
Yellow: Sake/Tokyo drink bar, with elements of Aggretsuko implemented in
Green: Food/Bev/Merchandise on Sanrio and Japan.

The key mascots of the land are of Hello Kitty and Godzilla, and would be represented in the direct marketing.

Out of all the Universal parks throughout the world, there hasn't been one yet in the United Kingdom. So how about a Universal Studios park in England, since Universal has a presence in the UK, with the studio distributing British films like Shaun of the Dead, Johnny English, Love Actually, etc.? (Universal's art-house division, Focus Features, distributes most of those films in America, by the way.)

In my idea, it would be placed either somewhere in South England, where the weather is a bit warmer, or serve as an alternative to The London Resort in Kent, which is where a Paramount Pictures-themed park is being built.

The themed areas/attractions would be:
  • Hollywood and New York-themed areas like the other Universal parks.
  • An Old England/Old London-themed area exclusive to the UK park that would feature:
    • A Doctor Who motion simulator ride where guests can become "The Doctor" and go on a "journey through time and space", and even encounter the Daleks ("EXTERMINATE!").
    • A walk-through attraction centered on the history of Aardman Animations, featuring props and models from their many works, unless some/most of those were destroyed in that 2005 warehouse fire.
    • A James Bond stunt show. Enough said.
    • The Florida version of Revenge of the Mummy, with the queue being a history museum in London.
  • A DreamWorks area featuring Shrek 4D and other rides.
  • A Despicable Me area called "Minion Harbour", featuring Despicable Me: Minion Mayhem and Super Silly Fun Land.
  • The WaterWorld show of course.
  • Jurassic World, featuring the Discovery Center, a Gyrosphere ride, Jurassic World River Adventure (a version of the Universal Studios Hollywood attraction), and the Velocicoaster.
  • A Transformers area featuring Transformers: The Ride 3D and the Decepticoaster.
  • The Wizarding World of Harry Potter (even though there is also a Harry Potter attraction at the Warner Bros. studio in Leavesden), featuring Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade! (The latter area would only be accessed by the Hogwarts Express, which is a diesel-powered broad gauge railway unlike the one in Florida.)
  • The Jaws and E.T. Adventure rides, because I feel that even mostly-retired rides need love too.
There would even be a CityWalk featuring a Cadbury candy store, Toothsome Chocolate Emporium, and either a Cineworld, Odeon, or Vue cinema.

The park (and CityWalk) would be accessed even by train via a new, nearby railway station.

Feel free to suggest any other ideas for attractions and themed areas for the park!

@Elijah Abrams - We appreciate your enthusiasm on these different Blue Sky topics, but if you could please just keep them to this singular thread, it would be much appreciated. Feel free to go to town with ideas in here!

Random thought, and idk the franchise well enough to come up with a plot for the ride, but I feel the best option for a boat ride in USF is Trolls. Feel like they could create a really fun dark ride with AAs, fun music and lighting, plus, a boat ride in the park! Much more POTC/Madagascar type ride, or something similiar to KFP in Beijing.

Idk how to describe into words, but I can just see this thing in my head.