Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Licensed Icons - Yay or Nay?

Should they have licensed Icons

• Total voters
Well they brought back Halloween in 2022 (8 years after the original 2014, 6 years after HALLOWEEN II), Texas Chainsaw 1974 in 30 (5 years after 2016) AWIL in 2015 from a one year gap, so I could see it happening.

Those are iconic films... Not on the same field as Corpses.

AWiL was a budget move for 25 using a popular film and one of the best houses of all time.

Well they brought back Halloween in 2022 (8 years after the original 2014, 6 years after HALLOWEEN II), Texas Chainsaw 1974 in 30 (5 years after 2016) AWIL in 2015 from a one year gap, so I could see it happening.
As Brian said, those are far more iconic than Corpses.

However there is also the fact that Texas Chainsaw from 30 was not a repeat but rather a sort of sequel that fit in between the 1974 film and the 1986 sequel. It took elements from both films and was basically an original house using the IP almost like a skin.

Okay this is really unlikely since it’s not really a horror IP but hey the licensed icon idea in general is unlikely so screw it hear me out.

Remember Pan’s Labyrinth and it’s creepy child-eating Pale Man? Imagine the Pale Man as an icon for an HHN event where he gathers other child murderers like Freddy and La Llorona as well as childhood nightmares like Chucky, Scary Tales or cannibals like Leatherface. Could be a voiceless entity like the Terra Queen even though I don’t really like that character (or find voiceless Icons to be good anyway).

Last edited:
I have a pretty distressed and unpleasant reaction to child murder, and not really in a "Haunt Event" sorta way. Yea, technically Freddy is a child murderer, but I think the zeitgeist has him a lot closer to dreams, claws, or stuff like that before you ever get to that bit of lore from the first film.

Icons are marketing, first and foremost. Child Murder is not gonna be the marketing gimmick for a year haha. Even "Childhood Fears" feels like a bit of a stretch for a theme to me. Maybe at a smaller event it could work better.

I have a pretty distressed and unpleasant reaction to child murder, and not really in a "Haunt Event" sorta way. Yea, technically Freddy is a child murderer, but I think the zeitgeist has him a lot closer to dreams, claws, or stuff like that before you ever get to that bit of lore from the first film.

Icons are marketing, first and foremost. Child Murder is not gonna be the marketing gimmick for a year haha. Even "Childhood Fears" feels like a bit of a stretch for a theme to me. Maybe at a smaller event it could work better.

Oh no I didn’t mean any specific theme; more like 2004 where the “theme” was more subtle (like in that year, everything was loosely tied to insanity). Actually my reasoning for the Pale Man was more that he could serve in a broader sense as opposed to a specific theme (I could elaborate on that more if your interested).