Lightning McQueen's Racing Academy | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

Lightning McQueen's Racing Academy

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So isn’t the Disney Jr puppet show going away?

Hmmmmmm
Yeah, to be replaced by another Disney Junior show.

Albeit the new show is much less of an actual show as much as a dance party. So yeah, could be replaced any minute.

Should be noted though that DCA got the Disney Jr. dance party last year though.

With INCREDIBLES 2 performing like it is at the domestic box office, I will accept nothing less than a major, new-build, E-ticket attraction. At Hollywood Studios, which is really the only place I could see it fitting, theme-wise.

Reactions: shiekra38
With INCREDIBLES 2 performing like it is at the domestic box office, I will accept nothing less than a major, new-build, E-ticket attraction. At Hollywood Studios, which is really the only place I could see it fitting, theme-wise.

Probably within a “Pixar Pier”-style area. I could envision the Launch Bay/Animation Courtyard making way for a clone of the Lamplight Lounge, a new Incredibles Ride, and probably some kind of rides for Cars and Inside Out. That way, they can mix merchandise and have M&Gs that aren’t restricted to a single franchise. Consider that idea a “future-proof” one, with evergreen potential for future films.

Reactions: belloq87
Probably within a “Pixar Pier”-style area. I could envision the Launch Bay/Animation Courtyard making way for a clone of the Lamplight Lounge, a new Incredibles Ride, and probably some kind of rides for Cars and Inside Out. That way, they can mix merchandise and have M&Gs that aren’t restricted to a single franchise. Consider that idea a “future-proof” one, with evergreen potential for future films.
I’m not against a Pixar-themed area. I think MK it has great potential. They just really screwed the pooch at DCA with Pixar Pier.

Reactions: jtsalien
I’m not against a Pixar-themed area. I think MK it has great potential. They just really screwed the pooch at DCA with Pixar Pier.
PP is certainly an interesting expansion...It looks like they had no budget and wasted a ton of money at the same time, very odd

Sans it for HS for me...Give me an Incredibles dark ride

PP is certainly an interesting expansion...It looks like they had no budget and wasted a ton of money at the same time, very odd

Sans it for HS for me...Give me an Incredibles dark ride
Back in the day a Kuka dark ride themed to The Incredibles was planned to replace Carousel of Progress. Universal may have saved a Classic by getting exclusivity to the Kuka system for a period of time when Potter opened.

Expansion?... that'd have to mean the land was enlarged and added to its existing contents. Neither has happened. And even with the relocation of Flik's Flyers, thats just putting a ride back there to fill the void of the former Maliboomer (although one could argue Toy Story Midway Mania did that).. but yea, definitely not an expansion. Just a terrible unnecessary retheme.

Back in the day a Kuka dark ride themed to The Incredibles was planned to replace Carousel of Progress.
Didn't Disney also deem the Kuka arms "unreliable" as far as a non-stationary ride goes? ....remember, they still had "Sum of all Thrills" at Epcot.

Expansion?... that'd have to mean the land was enlarged and added to its existing contents. Neither has happened. And even with the relocation of Flik's Flyers, thats just putting a ride back there to fill the void of the former Maliboomer (although one could argue Toy Story Midway Mania did that).. but yea, definitely not an expansion. Just a terrible unnecessary retheme.

Didn't Disney also deem the Kuka arms "unreliable" as far as a non-stationary ride goes? ....remember, they still had "Sum of all Thrills" at Epcot.
Sum of all Thrills came before Potter, which was why they were allowed to have it.

Reactions: jtsalien
They could've picked a better way to announce this at the presentation. The way they teased Lightning McQueen mad it sound at first like they were about to bring Cars Land over there. Loved how there was no applause as soon as they announced it. lol
Lol I know right? Also, didn’t Cars 3 flop?

Disney has to be thinking of what to replace Aerosmith with... let's just hope that something isn't a waste of an IP and works thematically.
We know they aren't going to change the layout and just buy new cutouts...So I really wouldn't be surprised if it's a take on the IncrediCoaster