Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Lionsgate World Resort

Thoughts on SkyPlex?

• I want it!

• I have concerns, but still want to see it built.

• I hate it!

• I don't care.

Results are only viewable after voting.
The developer of Skyplex apparently bought up more land on I-Drive. I don't know the details because the story is behind a paywall on OBJ:

Sounds like they're looking to buy this 1.5 acre plot of land but haven't yet. Land owner declined to comment and Joshua Wallack confirmed he has the option to buy the land and "hopes to exercise the option at the appropriate time":

JMzF12K.png

You know--I kind of see this happening in a strange way, but I wouldn't be shocked at all if it doesn't.

With a brand name and investment creatively putting it in, it feels like it'll be more likely to me. If anything, it'll make me laugh seeing Gods of Egypt or Twilight represented as "attractions"

I mean, there are less plausible scenarios out there than someone with some money headhunting a dozen of the creatives Disney amd Universal laid off and making a halfway point between an FEC and a full theme park, and having it ready for a couple years from nkw after Covid is under control.

I've always been a skeptical optimist on this project. I think this is really a pet project for this guy and I just think, as evidenced by everything we've seen over the years, that he is extremely committed to this project. Someone with less will to fight (probably a lot of) funding rejection would've given up shortly after this was announced in 2013. And now we might get a John Wick shooter!

That sounds like the type of pricing to do basically everything they offer, sort of like a 1-day pass. Can't be just for the coaster, no one's paying that.

It specifically lists the pricing and $59 is what they're considering for an unlimited day pass for just the coaster. But it does also say the coaster will have pricing tiers and promotional offers, so $59 is hopefully the worst-case gate price for people that just show up and don't seek out discounts. It's definitely way too high.

5pmccUQ.png

This looks like a cool idea, but then I remind myself that I wrote about the Skyscraper/Polercoaster as a freshman in college, and that sheet of paper will probably stand taller than the actual coaster ever will.