Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Live Theatre / Musicals

Everyone have fun!!! I over thought my review and was too critical of it, frankly. It’s not 100% perfect but the score is stellar. Enjoy a glass of wine with the show and you’ll have a blast!

Everyone have fun!!! I over thought my review and was too critical of it, frankly. It’s not 100% perfect but the score is stellar. Enjoy a glass of wine with the show and you’ll have a blast!

Enjoy your $40 dollar wine here there's a giant snake here!

So during my showing of Beetlejuice, during Creepy Old Guy, he turned to the audience and said "'someone to ruin my sleep' oh i get it now". I don't know if that's always in the show but the touring Barbara would have been cast around that time as Bobbie in touring Company. So I like to think that was a reference to her achievement. Also go see Company.

Last edited by a moderator:
Enjoy your $40 dollar wine here there's a giant snake here!

So during my showing of Beetlejuice, during Creepy Old Guy, he turned to the audience and said "'someone to ruin my sleep' oh i get it now". I don't know if that's always in the show but the touring Barbara would have been cast around that time as Bobbie in touring Company. So I like to think that was a reference to her achievement. Also go see Company.

That line was added at some point during the original run and stuck. It works even better now!

Saw Parade yesterday after snagging tickets a couple months ago (if you are ever in NYC and know you want to see a show later on, definitely just make the hike to the physical box office, we saved $30 in fees between the two of us) and it was gorgeous.

We purchased Row F orchestra, seats 14 and 16, all the way to the side. and while they were listed as partial view, we rarely felt impacted due to the way the show was staged. Small hiccups, but considering the jump in price between 14 and one seat over was $60, it was fantastic seating. We used "AViewFromMySeat" to check prior, and if you ever have questions or a seating chart doesn't pop up with a preview rendering, would highly recommend the website to check on the actual views. People can submit their own photos from whatever seats they have purchased for theaters not just on Broadway, but all over, and the more people who submit, the better database they amass! Anyway, now back from my sponsored segment, haha.

Performance wise the cast was stunning, Micaela Diamond and Ben Platt earned their Tony nods deservingly, and the ensemble and supporting cast were just as strong. Some diction issues with a few of the characters attempting but not fully committing to the Georgian accent, and oddly Jay Armstrong Johnson was one of the weaker vocalists (you could hear he was a bit strained, so probably just holding back for the night show, we saw a matinee), but overall very strong.

The lighting and set design were beautifully simple, clean and precise, with enough flair to keep interest but not pull focus from the cast and story, which makes sense given the concert style staging. Some cool touches such as the flip up central platform and uplighting built right in, as well as the red Georgian clay underneath the stage with chains and other discarded artifacts calling attention to the not-so distant past of the civil war and slave era in the state, which colors the plot, but provides a literal foundation for the show's set.

What was especially serendipitous was the fact that the governor seemed so familiar to me, and then it hit me Sean Allan Krill also played the father in Jagged Little Pill during the Broadway run, the soundtrack to which I binged and forced my boyfriend to listen to all the way down to NYC, all because I was fortunate enough to win the lotto to see the JLP tour Thursday night in Boston, haha.

If you have the chance to catch it before August would highly recommend, and especially if you want Orchestra seats for under $100 (one dollar under, but still) would recommend Row F, 14/16.

Back to the Future: The Musical is an absolute banger of a show. All of the heart, humor and passion of the film combined with some jaw dropping technical wizardry, it's hard not to come out of the show beaming like a school kid. I feel like it's even more relevant on these forums given the history of the film within the parks but if you're a fan of the film I find it hard that you wouldn't love this. Just like the films, the musical is all about the Power of Love in so many different directions and really rocks with the ideals of putting your mind to whatever you want and dreaming big.

That ending 'stunt' is just unbelievable in person. As a kid who grew up wanting nothing more than an adventure through time in the DeLorean, it just filled me with so much happiness.

Last edited: