Lower Lot Redesign | Page 64 | Inside Universal Forums

Lower Lot Redesign

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
There technically is one, but it’s a backstage access for team members and it’s covered up well. It’s right next to the Koopa Troopa mini game, in the shape of the SMB3 platform blocks. Look closely. They’re easily removable facades that can be changed or removed entirely later if expansion is still on the table. It leads directly into DinoPlay’s current location though.
If they still plan on expanding SNW, I wonder what IP they could use if DK was taken off the table due to capacity concerns. Would some form of a Zelda land work in that plot? USH could even get a Zelda ride exclusive to it if there is not enough space to build what is going in IOA.

If they still plan on expanding SNW, I wonder what IP they could use if DK was taken off the table due to capacity concerns. Would some form of a Zelda land work in that plot? USH could even get a Zelda ride exclusive to it if there is not enough space to build what is going in IOA.

Depends how what kind of attraction Zelda would turn out to be. If Zelda came in the form of a really good, dark ride at a former Poseidon's Fury attraction at IOA, I'm not sure it's possible to have Zelda at USH.

Space Wise, I think unless they take out a good deal in the lower lot my Guess is more Mario (which could use Luigi Mansion), DK or Pokemon

Zelda feels like it would be in the Falls lake/former tram area if they do move the tram entrance

Space Wise, I think unless they take out a good deal in the lower lot my Guess is more Mario (which could use Luigi Mansion), DK or Pokemon

Zelda feels like it would be in the Falls lake/former tram area if they do move the tram entrance

I actually agree we could see more Mario as a literal expansion rather than an adjacent land.

Depends how what kind of attraction Zelda would turn out to be. If Zelda came in the form of a really good, dark ride at a former Poseidon's Fury attraction at IOA, I'm not sure it's possible to have Zelda at USH.
So far most rumors for Zelda involve some sort of boat ride. Universal is not into trackless at the moment so another ride system that would be cool to use would be that stacked dark ride patent which could be used to form some sort of enchanted temple dark ride that goes up and down instead of on a horizontal plane.
I actually agree we could see more Mario as a literal expansion rather than an adjacent land.
That could be good for USH as it would get something exclusive to make their SNW unique. As Jerrod has mentioned, A Luigi's mansion dark ride would be sweet. Have you by chance heard anything in the way of word of mouth from USH in regards to what Nintendo IPs are in the running for USH's SNW expansion if they are indeed planning on doing it?

So I heard the news Kelly Clarkson is moving her show to New York from LA. According to Google Maps one of the buildings behind the soundstages were DK as originally believed to be happening is labeled the Kelly Clarkson show. Does this mean the Kelly Clarkson building can also come down for theme park expansion in that area whenever they decide to expand in that area whether Nintendo or some other IP? Or will the KC building get repurposed for some other studio use?

So I heard the news Kelly Clarkson is moving her show to New York from LA. According to Google Maps one of the buildings behind the soundstages were DK as originally believed to be happening is labeled the Kelly Clarkson show. Does this mean the Kelly Clarkson building can also come down for theme park expansion in that area whenever they decide to expand in that area whether Nintendo or some other IP? Or will the KC building get repurposed for some other studio use?
I said this once already. Kelly Clarksons soundstage is not in the cluster that was rumored for DKC, it was Soundstage 1: which had hosted Conan.

I said this once already. Kelly Clarksons soundstage is not in the cluster that was rumored for DKC, it was Soundstage 1: which had hosted Conan.
Ah. Even without KC in that cluster, that is still a healthy amount of land for expansion. Only time will tell in what happens in regards to Nintendo expansion.

They should put a trackless MMRR-style ride themed to the Simpsons down there. That would be cool.

I still think this section of the park is very much waiting on if they move the Tram or not.

If they move the Tram Entrance to where the Mummy is now, then I'd like DK because it would replace that......if they don't ever move the tram then Luigi Mansion would make sense as either a trackless or Minion style shooter walking path attraction.

I could also see Transformers area being used for something and moving the meet and greets to the upper lot because those meet and greets are pretty popular

I think you’re onto something
I mean seeing how we had all these rumors for years and now it seems like either everyone is being quiet about after F&F Coaster

From the sounds of it, the Studio seems to want to keep most of it's land but with the Success of SNW and the movie, I'm sure many before it opened hoped it just did Potter numbers so the Studio would not be touched but this was not the case so now there might be a struggle about how they should move forward.

The Rumored Hotel even seems to be coming in the next coming years shows they want to make this a resort but sure they are trying to figure out how with the limited land.

I hope the Park wins because I'd love to see my local park finally become a theme park with 20+ attractions in the next 20 years vs it just being this small park that has to close down classic's anytime it wants to add something new, plus it might finally push the Tram to also upgrade it self

Reactions: alias8703
I still think this section of the park is very much waiting on if they move the Tram or not.

If they move the Tram Entrance to where the Mummy is now, then I'd like DK because it would replace that......if they don't ever move the tram then Luigi Mansion would make sense as either a trackless or Minion style shooter walking path attraction.

I could also see Transformers area being used for something and moving the meet and greets to the upper lot because those meet and greets are pretty popular
If the tram tour gets moved, It should be moved to somewhere outside of the park, so that they can get the most amount of space for theme park expansion if the soundstages behind Mummy and Transformers were to go, which seems like it will happen someday as that is why those Barham stages were constructed. If Mummy gets removed for theme park space instead of being repurposed for a new tram tour stop, you have a 10-11 acre land.

If the tram tour gets moved, It should be moved to somewhere outside of the park, so that they can get the most amount of space for theme park expansion if the soundstages behind Mummy and Transformers were to go, which seems like it will happen someday as that is why those Barham stages were constructed. If Mummy gets removed for theme park space instead of being repurposed for a new tram tour stop, you have a 10-11 acre land.
I don’t think mummy leaves anytime soon still. Well at least the building as a whole. There’s been a lot of QOL updates and improvements on the building recently. Would be weird to scrap it all after a short time span

I don’t think mummy leaves anytime soon still. Well at least the building as a whole. There’s been a lot of QOL updates and improvements on the building recently. Would be weird to scrap it all after a short time span
Maybe the building stays and becomes part of whatever new land takes over the soundstages on the lower lot. Another coaster or large scale dark ride could easily fit in there and become an anchor/E ticket type attraction. I thought Mummy would be removed because it would make accessing any new land that goes behind it much easier and congestion on the lower lot is a massive problem that needs to be addressed.

I'm all for the park having more space, so I would be happy with that but where becomes the question.

Heck the Q for the Tram would only take up so much space and so some of the old Mummy building could be used for more then just the Tram but that location makes sense because it's already near where the tram goes and would only cut off the hill coming down to the lower lot

Dusting off this thread, but is it possible Universal could work something out so that they could expand beyond soundstages 16-24 when they expand the lower lot in that direction? @AlexanderMBush mentioned over of the state of USH thread that it could be possible they can go beyond 16-24. If they were to do that could they take out the base camp kitchen, the grey NBCU building, and stage 14? And depending on what rides they put in any lower lot expansion, is it possible Transformers could also be removed for even more space assuming they do/or what to do a ride with the more modern SCOOP ride system being used on USB Jurassic World and Ministry of Magic at EU?