Lower Lot Redesign | Page 8 | Inside Universal Forums

Lower Lot Redesign

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It's not diagon alley! Jesus!! have any of you seen the size of that area? How are you going to even consider putting that on the lower lot.? If someone said falls lake then MAYBE!!!!. A new attraction or restaurant is a for sure thing. We just gotta wait and see whats coming. Just kill the diagin alley idea already

I'm going to feel really stupid if it is diagib alley :( lol

I'm going to feel really stupid if it is diagib alley :( lol

I am glad stage 28 will be removed. It is historical but until recently I learned it had asbestus. Really??!!! Besides no one can really go in there. The historical part will be preserved and a new attraction added. Way to go

Just as a hypothetical, what if Universal were to demolish soundstage 22, 23, 24 and 25? How would you envision the incorporation of that plot of land with the rest of the theme park?

Last edited by a moderator:
I have no idea where those Soundstages are located exactly, to be honest. Someone wanna do the honor of making a map?
15203307954_abf2d287b8_b.jpg

Reactions: William
Acquiring those soundstages would be HUGE for Universal and expand the park immensely. I sincerely hope it happens, as soundstages can be relocated elsewhere on property, but the theme park can't be easily expanded in every direction. So I hope it happens eventually.

That'd be perfect. 24 and 25 could be used for a Jurassic Park expansion, while 22 and 23 could be used for a new attraction. Makes too much sense. Anyone know what production goes on in these soundstages?

That'd be perfect. 24 and 25 could be used for a Jurassic Park expansion, while 22 and 23 could be used for a new attraction. Makes too much sense. Anyone know what production goes on in these soundstages?
Would love for a Jurassic Park expansion...I think USH Jurassic Park area is very small compared to what the people over in Orlando have. And if done right, this park could do some sort of expansion in the wake of Jurassic World that could be amazing.

Would love for a Jurassic Park expansion...I think USH Jurassic Park area is very small compared to what the people over in Orlando have. And if done right, this park could do some sort of expansion in the wake of Jurassic World that could be amazing.
The two areas don't even come close! Hollywood's consists of a ride and a small playground. The first time I went to IOA, on the other hand, I got genuinely lost in Jurassic Park. My little group consisting of just me and one other person didn't have a map, and we accidentally started trekking into an unmarked backstage area by the Discovery Center. Not a single guest could be found in the area, either.

I rest my case.

While I would LOVE an expansion of Jurassic Park if a good idea came up for a great new ride (since it's one of my all time favorite movies) I'd rather they use the space for brand new ideas. I'd love to see our attraction roster expanded to feature more stories, types of attractions, and brands.

However...since Universal doesn't have that many good marketable new brands at the moment, I wouldn't mind more Jurassic Park at all :) It's timeless and amazing.

While I would LOVE an expansion of Jurassic Park if a good idea came up for a great new ride (since it's one of my all time favorite movies) I'd rather they use the space for brand new ideas. I'd love to see our attraction roster expanded to feature more stories, types of attractions, and brands.

However...since Universal doesn't have that many good marketable new brands at the moment, I wouldn't mind more Jurassic Park at all :) It's timeless and amazing.
I think after the movie, a new idea for a ride would be good. Maybe something focused around Jurassic World...yeah Universal doesn't have anything else they could use to make marketable on that scale that Jurassic Park is capable of...

The two areas don't even come close! Hollywood's consists of a ride and a small playground. The first time I went to IOA, on the other hand, I got genuinely lost in Jurassic Park. My little group consisting of just me and one other person didn't have a map, and we accidentally started trekking into an unmarked backstage area by the Discovery Center. Not a single guest could be found in the area, either.

I rest my case.
Wow.... I really need to go to IOA then. That seems like a wonderment of theming that really suceeds. To not even see a single guest in a crowded park like that, is something incredible.

Wow.... I really need to go to IOA then. That seems like a wonderment of theming that really suceeds. To not even see a single guest in a crowded park like that, is something incredible.
You have to go pretty deep into the land to avoid guests, but it's pretty remarkable. Some of that immersion was just taken away with the removal of foliage to make room for the new Skull Island area, but still impressive nonetheless.

I know something that would go great in the space of 22/23: Wait for it....

GHOSTBUSTERS RIDE.

I could see a GB dark ride that could utilize the same kind of vehicle as Justice League. Except, assuming it's not in 3D, it can spin a lot faster and make it more thrilling.

What about the stage behind 22/23? Could that theoretically also be combined? I think the space of those stages could very easily be made up on the backlot.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think we'll see those stages get incorporated into the park real estate sooner than later. With Stage 28, the most famous stage gone, I feel like all the surrounding stages are fair game, considering how much Comcast wants to develop the parks.