Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Lower Lot Redesign

I want the next best, stand alone, measuring stick of an attraction. Like spiderman was groundbreaking, they didn't just build "something like haunted mansion" they broke molds.
Yeah but in pitch meetings they would describe it as the motion of BTTF the ride meets, the effects of T23D done as a traditional dark ride. Even when you come up with something completely new and revolutionary you have to give people something to compare it to, so they can grasp the idea.

Oh I get that. I mean nothing is new under the sun especially when trying to envision and explain to others what you are going for, but too often we like to say Universal version of taron and etc. Which makes me thrilled that Velicoster actually seems to be its own incarnation of a coaster and has an identity in its own rite.

Didn’t know where else to post this, but does anyone know what the construction is going on below the Minion facing Ventura Blvd?

I wouldn't be surprised if USH goes a little while without new additions after SNW opens. They've gotten a lot recently, plus COVID.

I'd argue they have the reasons to press forward now.

With COVID vaccinations, LA2028, and DisneyForward if that gets approved; nipping the Lower Lot in the bud now would be the most ideal time, and would transform that portion of the park to be even more on the level of the Upper Lot.

Honestly, what a come-up USH has had since my first visit in 2006. Although I did enjoy Backdraft, the permanent Van Helsing haunt, and getting to ride Back To the Future one last time.. but it'll be almost an entirely different park when Super Nintendo World opens.

Yes that's what I was thinking also I feel attractions are going to get push more like you mention with disney forward and LA2028 and feel nintendo is going to do go for them

I still heard a rumor while back that the sound stages next to nintendo on your left and that they really.wanted to move forward with that as soon as possible

DisneyForward and LA2028 are still a while down the road though. I'm not expecting anything new outside SNW (including DK if that's still happening) until 2027 at the earliest. The whole park has changed significantly in six years (Harry Potter, Kung Fu Panda, Super Nintendo World, Secret Life of Pets, Jurassic World). They don't need anything else for a little while.

True but they still have the evolution plan that was suppose to be for 20-25 years starting in 2013 don't know if most have changed or move around a bit but definitely do see a bit of a pause but not maybe for long

DisneyForward and LA2028 are still a while down the road though. I'm not expecting anything new outside SNW (including DK if that's still happening) until 2027 at the earliest. The whole park has changed significantly in six years (Harry Potter, Kung Fu Panda, Super Nintendo World, Secret Life of Pets, Jurassic World). They don't need anything else for a little while.

I'd argue they would take the initative now. Tokyo Disneyland did similar in prep for Tokyo 2020, and Universal Japan did similar for the Olympics. It'd be natural to see Universal wanting to take those steps.

And as @Cesar1031 pointed out--The Evolution Plan in some shape or form should still be happening, especially with the new campus next to Fum Lungs. Even if it's an on-site Hotel, USH is in a prime position to move forward.

Whoa whoa whoa

Thats just bad thinking, Universal is still not as full as DCA until then I stand with the park needing more rides.
Panda took over Shrek and even SLOP kinda took walking dead. Many times we have lose an attractions to gain one and we need more. DK will be nice but even then we need more to do. DK and another D ticket, and two more E tickets with some C tickets if they have room before 2030 would be nice.

While I'm excited for Nintendo land Disney just made GE and now a Marvel land, they are updating Snow white, Jungle Cruise and splash and of course Disney forward (when...if it does not happen the city is run by idiots) but we have somethings needed still before I'd call it a day at Universal and also think Citywalk needs to keep improving as well

Hope with the next 10 year it expands alot from what I heard is that the sounds stages next to transformers I think is four of them are being remove when that I don't know but that was part.of the evolution plan