Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Lower Lot Redesign

The problem with the Lower Lot is that it is landlocked by its own additions & poor planning. In order to properly redesign the Lower Lot, they'd need to level everything (Mummy, Transformers, Panda, and now also Nintendo) and start from scratch. If we purged the other surrounding soundstages, it'd help. They tore down SS28, the ONLY stage that mattered, so the rest are just taking up valuable space (including SS12)

Since we're not getting Yoshi, we could've easily just gotten Mario Kart as a standalone ride without the extra land fluff. (Oh I just heard the triggered gasps). Sorry, but the other 3 IPs are standalone... no need to be extra.

Even though Transformers is a good ride. Mummy is also. But realistically speaking, one or both will have to sadly get axed in the future to expand.

As for the old Fast & Furious attraction stop, you can't change it to something like Bourne. It'd just be the same experience except with Mini Coopers. However, since it is right before the Jurassic segment, the small industrial themed attraction space could be easily converted into a Dino Encounter (Indoraptor? Carnotaur?).

This is what I was hoping for when the dancing cars spot initially closed (and before they went ahead with converting the River Adventure to JW). They should totally still do it anyway.

Spitballing ideas, if they don't want to just have a few animatronic dinosaurs on display like we're "seeing them" in a park setting, they could enclose that area and have us tram-goers be "invited" into a dinosaur auction, like the one in Fallen Kingdom. Give a little story that we're gonna be the first to see, say, the Indoraptor, and before any of us on the tram are allowed to bid, the Indo could "escape," necessitating our tram's quick exit from the area. Or something, anything! I just hate seeing that little area go unused.

Anyway, I digress. Didn't mean to derail the topic at hand.

Not related to movie making or history

Um... it is literally called the "Universal Timeline". Those posters are of Universal films throughout the years. Depending on the Tram Guide, they use a few of those posters as a reference to talk about the film making process or as an intro to pointing out soundstages (specifically SS12)..

As someone who LOVES the old Breaking Bridge attraction, I at least know that they can't just "bring it back". Besides, it needs to be restored.. The tram already has to loop around because of KONG 360, if the Bridge was included, that'd mean it'd have to loop around TWICE.

As for the old Fast & Furious attraction stop, you can't change it to something like Bourne. It'd just be the same experience except with Mini Coopers. However, since it is right before the Jurassic segment, the small industrial themed attraction space could be easily converted into a Dino Encounter (Indoraptor? Carnotaur?).

As for the "Lower Lot Redesign", relocating the Studio Tour to the Lower Lot would be interesting, since Jurassic World sits where the old tram load/unload used to be years ago. The issue is of course the space required for the Studio Tour queue, load, & unload. Plus they'd probably have to relocate the tram maintenance garage as well.

I don't see a Studio Tour relocation happening yet, especially since they just revamped the entrance just a few years ago.
I could live without the Posters, they could literally put that in the Q. My point is they could move it to the lower lot and we would not lose much.

Also never said it would not cost money for the bridge to come back, I'm saying its a way to make the ride longer if needed and sure they could redo FF area to be something else besides dancing cars.

here’s an idea I found on Twitter for a new ride. Blue sky for sure but funny.
ONeZYko.jpg

here’s an idea I found on Twitter for a new ride. Blue sky for sure but funny.
ONeZYko.jpg
Bro this is ancient. Notice the post was a year after the Simpsons Ride opened. But yeah, I can’t imagine a Family Guy ride going well with daytime guests.

Actually, you know what, why not give Supercharged a Family Guy overlay. The ride sucks anyway so why not make it self-aware, ridiculous, and funny? Have the same concept but have the chicken fight be on a truck.

I could live without the Posters, they could literally put that in the Q.

Also never said it would not cost money for the bridge to come back, I'm saying its a way to make the ride longer if needed
Have you not looked around when in the queue?

Nowhere did I say anything about the Breaking Bridge costing money. I said it wouldn't happen because the tram would have to loop around TWICE.

And again, the Studio Tour already lasts 45-70+ minutes, there is absolutely no reason to make the experience longer. The longer guests are on the Tram, the less time they're in the park, the less time in the park = less money being spent.

Actually, you know what, why not give Supercharged a Family Guy overlay. The ride sucks anyway so why not make it self-aware, ridiculous, and funny? Have the same concept but have the chicken fight be on a truck.
I can see this & I'm laughing too hard from it. Definitely would be an improvement!!

Would have been cool if there's a South Park Land at Universal Studios.
Um... just no. A one-off cameo in Bill & Ted during HHN in the 90s? Sure (it happened). But not even in the 90s would a land, let alone a ride happen with this IP for obvious reasons.

Have you not looked around when in the queue?

Nowhere did I say anything about the Breaking Bridge costing money. I said it wouldn't happen because the tram would have to loop around TWICE.

And again, the Studio Tour already lasts 45-70+ minutes, there is absolutely no reason to make the experience longer. The longer guests are on the Tram, the less time they're in the park, the less time in the park = less money being spent.

I can see this & I'm laughing too hard from it. Definitely would be an improvement!!

Um... just no. A one-off cameo in Bill & Ted during HHN in the 90s? Sure (it happened). But not even in the 90s would a land, let alone a ride happen with this IP for obvious reasons.
Once again, I'm saying if they move the Tram down to the lower lot at some point. for now its fine but they have stuff from the Kong ride in Florida they could add to the bridge and the FF area if they need more things to fill time

But who knows what is next, I don't believe anyone even the higher ups really know what to do after Nintendoland...maybe DK but after that their are a millions things they could do...a Second Potterland...something near SLOP...a new show in the Dream works theater....moving the Tram station and redo some of the layout...making the mummy something new....adding a ride near/under the escalators...replacing the special effects show...using the walking dead area for something....using the warhouses behind mummy for a new land or big ride...etc

As much as I want a cool coaster...i just don't care enough to use all that space

We have MM down the street with 30 coasters.....go to that if you want thrills. If they bought the golf course fine but they have not so to me we just do not have the space.

I think DK will be perfect mild thrills and even more theming than any other coaster. But thats just me

Yeah I’m sure Universal wants you to go to MM. It’s about the draw. Universal needs more thrilling rides especially if they get rid of Mummy. This would be a great addition to the park.
As much as I want a cool coaster...i just don't care enough to use all that space

We have MM down the street with 30 coasters.....go to that if you want thrills. If they bought the golf course fine but they have not so to me we just do not have the space

Yeah I’m sure Universal wants you to go to MM. It’s about the draw. Universal needs more thrilling rides especially if they get rid of Mummy. This would be a great addition to the park.
I really doubt they draw the same crowds and dont think one coast would do that

Do what you do best and don't chase everyone else...part of why DCA was not loved day one it was not Disney. Universal is great at making lands and dark rides.....people seem to love them for i as well and unlike on the east coast we do not have the room for coasters...unless they get the golf course

Do what you do best and don't chase everyone else...part of why DCA was not loved day one it was not Disney. Universal is great at making lands and dark rides.....people seem to love them for i as well and unlike on the east coast we do not have the room for coasters...unless they get the golf course
Uhh, Universal is good at coasters as well? And this would be replacing a coaster.

Mummy is a coaster?