Magic Kingdom (General Discussion) | Page 46 | Inside Universal Forums

Magic Kingdom (General Discussion)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
But couldn't the same argument be made that the space the Visa Lounge is taking up could be used for something for the Public? Especially in a park that suffers capacity issues? I guess I would care more if we ever stopped there. I always assumed you had to pay to use it and never used it. I am not into paying $2 for 2 seconds of fun so we skip shooting galleries. I assume many families are the same.

I just think it is a sign of the times and every park seems to have special lounges for this population or that population. If this was the only park maybe I would care more.

I also can't imagine this had huge capacity, I imagine the playground taken out by Splash utilized more capacity than this.
The Universal Visa Lounge is hidden away into an area that is (or ever) rarely used for guests. Like I mentioned before, I'm not against the removal of the shooting arcade, my issue is with what it is replacing it.

I'm all for DVC/Rewards/etc. lounges... if they take up areas that don't take away space from regular guests.

It's little, and underutilized, but it adds a good bit of charm and feel to the area that will simply be lost once it becomes a corporate-feeling break area. It's just an extra straw added to an already-burdened camel. The Hat-Box Ghost was also a relatively tiny change to MK's HM too, but one that completely disrupts the whole flow of the attraction's story and tone, so I think it was a pretty major mistake. It doesn't always have to be Starcruiser-sized disasters that we have issues with.

It's little, and underutilized, but it adds a good bit of charm and feel to the area that will simply be lost once it becomes a corporate-feeling break area. It's just an extra straw added to an already-burdened camel. The Hat-Box Ghost was also a relatively tiny change to MK's HM too, but one that completely disrupts the whole flow of the attraction's story and tone, so I think it was a pretty major mistake. It doesn't always have to be Starcruiser-sized disasters that we have issues with.
Minor things like this eventually snowball and turn into an avalanche. Turning public areas into private lounges is not the right move.

There's a reason why I don't like the removal of 3D from Skull Island, it can eventually be seen as a tool for management to justify other cuts that impact the attraction experience. Same with WDW slashing most entertainment. Sure, not many people saw the Citizens of Hollywood, but it adds a nice charm to the park you can't get elsewhere.

The Hat-Box Ghost was also a relatively tiny change to MK's HM too, but one that completely disrupts the whole flow of the attraction's story and tone, so I think it was a pretty major mistake.
However you know we are not comparing the same things right ?

To me that’s moving the goal posts because what you referenced has no relation to the topic I was discussing.

Minor things like this eventually snowball and turn into an avalanche. Turning public areas into private lounges is not the right move.
I need more examples of where this is prevalent at WDW?

It doesn’t hurt capacity because no one was using it and also this is not a ride.

More people are probably gonna be using it now despite it being closed to the “mainstream” public.

I have received word that Sleepy Hollow's menu has been revamped, and not for the better:

My beloved spicy chicken waffle sandwich -- one of the greatest theme park food offerings ever -- is dead, as are the fresh waffles (in favor of the generic Mickey waffles). No more iced mochas, either.

In a park that already has relatively few places providing items I want to eat, this is a big loss for me.

Last edited:
I have received word that Sleep Hollow's menu has been revamped, and not for the better:

My beloved spicy chicken waffle sandwich -- one of the greatest theme park food offerings ever -- is dead, as are the fresh waffles (in favor of the generic Mickey waffles). No more iced mochas, either.

In a park that already has relatively few places providing items I want to eat, this is a big loss for me.
I'm bummed out now because I never got to try it!

Reactions: belloq87
It’s insane, that the busiest theme park on earth in Magic Kingdom, has just top to bottom terrible food offerings. I like to say I’m a foodie, but I’m surely not above having McDonalds. This park lacks anything desirable for any crowd really. Very generic offerings for most part.

Not saying they should be Epcot, but c’mon.

It’s insane, that the busiest theme park on earth in Magic Kingdom, has just top to bottom terrible food offerings. I like to say I’m a foodie, but I’m surely not above having McDonalds. This park lacks anything desirable for any crowd really. Very generic offerings for most part.

Not saying they should be Epcot, but c’mon.
There are some interesting things in the park but you have to hunt them down and they’re also few and far between.

Yeah, more often that not I'm heading elsewhere out of the park when I wanna' eat. Pretty much any of the meals I have planned when I'm at or around MK are in the surrounding hotels. (eg, Steakhouse 71, just about anything at Wilderness Lodge which is homebase etc.)

I used to feel that way about MK's dining but if you can snag a Table Service res, they're not bad. I've had great meals at Skipper Canteen (my fave), Be Our Guest, Cinderella's Royal Table, Crystal Palace, etc. Even Tony's last time was good. But they do NOT come cheap, of course.

As far as non-TS, the only thing I've ever thought was worth a damn was the Spicy Chicken Waffle Sandwich so R.I.P.

Yeah, I think Skipper Canteen is great but otherwise Magic Kingdom is a park I just don't like to hang out at for very long, in part because I'm not into most of their food offerings (except for this, of course, the one thing they got rid of).

New Orleans offerings at Golden Oak Outpost are at the very least a different and more unique offering at the park. Wonder if this is a test before fully changing Pecos Bill?

Reactions: SeventyOne