Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Magic of Disney Animation to Close at Disney’s Hollywood Studios

One Man's Dream is going too and i'm sure Mermaid will eventually as it's in the middle. I have a feeling everything will be demoed.

The problem is those buildings were built to be soundstages/working animation buildings, creating an awkward park layout. All of that needs to go so they can start over. There's a lot of dead ends in this park too so it'd be great if they could connect the current Animation area with RnRC (however the CM cafeteria Take 5 is potentially in the way).

According to the MAGICal site, this area will be turned into a DHS version of Blue Sky Cellar.

Or for those unfamiliar, a place to look at the upcoming changes to the park and also explain to guests why there's so much construction and so little to do, but at the same time try to be devious and get them excited for the future.

According to the MAGICal site, this area will be turned into a DHS version of Blue Sky Cellar.

Or for those unfamiliar, a place to look at the upcoming changes to the park and also explain to guests why there's so much construction and so little to do, but at the same time try to be devious and get them excited for the future.
Now that was a really good summary. It kind of says everything that needs to be said.:agree:

I know its not the most reputable source, but Screamscape is reporting that the Stars Wars Launch Bay may be replacing this. Thoughts?

I know its not the most reputable source, but Screamscape is reporting that the Stars Wars Launch Bay may be replacing this. Thoughts?
I don't know how big Star Wars Land is gonna be, but the Launch Bay and Star Tours would be on complete opposite ends of the park.

I couldn't give less of a crap when it came to the art of animation (this is coming from an aspiring animator). Almost always a definite skip, however if one man's dream closes I'd me miserable. Not only is that one of the best things in the park but I think it's one of the best things in Orlando as a whole. The amount of amazing artifacts, throwbacks and incredible things inside that building is just remarkable. If one thing in MGM should be preserved it should be that, so sad it might just go

Magic of Disney Animation was dated beyond dated. The versions of this in the other parks are so much better. I agree that One Man's Dream should definitely be somewhere. It was my favorite way to beat the heat in DHS.

I feel good to say Star Wars something is coming, with Launch Bay probs being the one. Don't have verbal confirmation, just piecing together a puzzle left by friends.

One Man's Dream is closing?? Whatever, that attraction is SO outdated, right? What a waste of space *sarcasm*

One Man's Dream is closing?? Whatever, that attraction is SO outdated, right? What a waste of space *sarcasm*
One Man's Dream was a great attraction from a historical POV, but it was in a TERRIBLE location. Such a bottleneck that will soon be broken open.

Agreed. I'd say to put in Magic Kingdom in the Town Hall area, but I doubt they would wanna axe Magician Mickey's M&G.
Walt's desk has already been packed up and sent back to The Walt Disney Family Museum. I doubt OMD is coming back.

Agreed. I'd say to put in Magic Kingdom in the Town Hall area, but I doubt they would wanna axe Magician Mickey's M&G.
That's actually a great idea. It seem like a perfect fit. The Mickey M&G could replace Sorcerers of the MK spot.