Major Sweets Candy Factory (HHN 33) | Inside Universal Forums

Major Sweets Candy Factory (HHN 33)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
Sarcastic Oc GIF

Honestly? A little disappointed in the factory angle. Hoping they really deliver an amazing house with it, but I would've preferred the traditional suburban Halloween we got in Sweet Revenge.

That doesn't mean I'm not still excited that we're officially getting more of this character and zone concept though! Major Sweets has a lot of potential and I hope they deliver some really creative stuff.

My number one fear is relying too heavily on Wonka. 1 or 2 scenes referencing it, maybe a few nods here or there, that's mostly fine, but please just come up with some original concepts for most of it!

Honestly? A little disappointed in the factory angle. Hoping they really deliver an amazing house with it, but I would've preferred the traditional suburban Halloween we got in Sweet Revenge.

That doesn't mean I'm not still excited that we're officially getting more of this character and zone concept though! Major Sweets has a lot of potential and I hope they deliver some really creative stuff.

My number one fear is relying too heavily on Wonka. 1 or 2 scenes, maybe a few nods here or there, but please just come up with some original concepts for most of it!

It's implied this is a prequel.

I posted this in spec but figured it belongs here too, a more detailed description of the house from tiktok:

Haunted House Announcement: Major Sweets Candy Factory. You've been invited to chaperone a field trip to a candy factory. But this sweet tour is about to turn sour when free samples transform the kids into candy-coated killers wielding sharpened candies.

No. It just worked out that way.

Ngl after seeing how the “toy factory” looked in chucky this kinda really lowers my excitement for this one

Chucky's problem wasn't the "factory" setting. :lol:

I guess I should also mention this will feature a new layout (which is why the normal things you'd expect to see for construction weren't happening)

Yeah the lore doesn’t match up, but this has always felt like the spiritual successor to Schittie’s Kidz in my mind and I can’t wait for it :love:

And I’m glad to see a new layout being tried here! This location has always felt like it has potential, and doing a house with a factory theme here really gives me old school Nazarman’s or Disaster! queue kinda vibes.

No. It just worked out that way.

Chucky's problem wasn't the "factory" setting. :lol:

I guess I should also mention this will feature a new layout (which is why the normal things you'd expect to see for construction weren't happening)
Would this be why we're actually seeing F&F close during the event?

And while I'm excited to see what they do here.. I was hoping for a suburban setting again lol. I hope we at least get some of that great music again.

Is this the first original house in supercharged? This in combination with them closing down supercharged (I know it might not translate to anything major different in the space, but maybe it will allow for some small quality of life changes) during the season makes me cautiously optimistic.

Reactions: Ahmanet
Is this the first original house in supercharged? This in combination with them closing down supercharged (I know it might not translate to anything major different in the space, but maybe it will allow for some small quality of life changes) during the season makes me cautiously optimistic.

Yes. First year was Blumhouse, last year was Chucky.

Reactions: Ahmanet
New layout is encouraging. This is a great theme, but to really capture the scope it seems like some large spaces would be needed. The F&F queue has areas that would seem to offer that, but they haven’t been used before and I don’t know if they can be. I’ve experienced more than 135 HHN mazes and Chucky was the only one I’ve ever thought was truly awful - and the location seemed to play a big part in that. Still, new layout…

The more creative they've been able to get in the Supercharged building, the better the house has been. Freaky was kinda whatever, Chucky felt like it was mandated to be a bunch of different things with the TV screens everywhere, the specific scenes chosen, the voice lines, and was really rough because of it; but The Black Phone felt like it had a ton of freedom in how they interpreted the movie. The scenes were really tight and claustrophobic, made you feel like you were stuck in this basement. For a film where most of the action happens in a singular room, it made for a spectacular haunt and personally one of my absolute favorites of that year.

Hopefully with a fully original idea, they are able to utilize the space to it's absolute fullest.