Major Sweets Candy Factory (HHN 33) | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

Major Sweets Candy Factory (HHN 33)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Wow I'm dumb, just realized Miss Treats is a play on the word mistreat...
What Is It Reaction GIF by Nebraska Humane Society

I feel like this was violently loosely inspired by Buffy the Vampire Slayer (again).

I'm referring to the episode "Band Candy" where the adults of Sunnydale eat the candy bars & start acting like adolescents. Woo cursed chocolate!

But I'm sure it's probably just supposed to be an evil gore-filled Willy Wonka. Oh well, at least it's decent.

Reactions: Lucky Planet
Just realized, haven't talked about this house yet.

Incredible house, and definitely one of the standouts this year IMO. Surprisingly the most gory house (even more so than Triplets!), while still being a very fun house with good scares. It feels like Carnival Graveyard and Giggles & Gore had a baby.

But of course, the absolute best part: The new layout for F&F. Who knew cutting the queue out of the equation would make such a drastic difference in the house quality? They very much made the right call though, the larger tent works greatly and I'm excited to see more what more they do with it in the future.

It's good. I appreciate that this isn't Wonka. It feels like a local, real-life candy factory with containers of actual food stuffs, packing and shipping materials, offices, etc. Gives it a much more grounded vibe which allows the wackiness of the killer candy to shine more, and for the house to tie back into Sweet Revenge an absolute ton better. It's not my favorite house, but there are some solid visual setpieces and tricks unique to this house, and the performers are definitely hitting their marks real well. Lots of vomit too, which I probably should've expected in hindsight haha. The new tent feels relatively long, and while it isn't the most expansive house in terms of scope, I think that works just fine for the theming they were going for. It's kind of like you're ducking and hiding through different rooms of the dingy facility. That's pretty cool.

Might rise up my rankings with some better runs, but I think the aesthetic just isn't my absolute favorite generally, so who knows.

The Sweets Candy Factory store by Blumhouse is a ton of fun, and I'd love to see more pop-up theming like that across the whole park.

My headcanon is that the pizza place in Schittie's Kidz was totally serving some Major Sweets products in that Sinema film's "universe".

Or...the creative team just liked that Sinema scene so much that it evolved into the Sweets zone & house.

Case of chicken or the egg, I guess...

Imagine Universal promotes an "Enchanted Unicorn Stable" house. Inside, a scare-actor in the most amazing unicorn costume you've ever seen -- but the stable itself is dull, rotten wood with a couple hay stacks from Michael's and the smell of horse poop piped in. That's Major Sweets.

Loved the costumes, and the cast may be second only to Ghostbusters for enthusiasm, but I wanted a river of chocolate and pastel-colored candy-making minions. I got the same generic industrial sets we've seen a half dozen times before. The dichotomy between those things hurts the house, neither belongs in the other's universe. Also felt a bit on the short side. But best queue this year!

Damn this is a bummer to hear, I was hoping for chocolate Rivers, giant lollipops and willy wonka vibes
Imagine Universal promotes an "Enchanted Unicorn Stable" house. Inside, a scare-actor in the most amazing unicorn costume you've ever seen -- but the stable itself is dull, rotten wood with a couple hay stacks from Michael's and the smell of horse poop piped in. That's Major Sweets.

Loved the costumes, and the cast may be second only to Ghostbusters for enthusiasm, but I wanted a river of chocolate and pastel-colored candy-making minions. It's got the same generic industrial sets we've seen a half dozen times before. The dichotomy between those things hurts the house, neither belongs in the other's universe. Also felt a bit on the short side. But best queue this year!

Reactions: SeventyOne
This was my favorite house of the year. This is exactly what I’ve wanted from a Major Sweets house since his scarezone. It gave you the story when you walked in, so you knew what was happening. The smells, the kills, the effects, it was all great and a lot of fun.

Reactions: saint.piss