Major Universal Announcement Nov 1 7:30 PM EST | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

Major Universal Announcement Nov 1 7:30 PM EST

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I told someone on here that Universal has a team now that are leak-nazis. So, the info that I was looking for 5 months ago is now in a muted silence regarding announcements. What I was looking for was what costumes are on property and what training has been going on with them, like it was for another park. That info has been silenced.

The Optimus and Bumble Bee costumes would be great to have roaming around while construction is going on. :thumbs:

does todays disney/star wars news change universals plan for thursday?

Probably not, since I don't think this will affect their theme park plans at all.

To clarify, I really doubt Disney will do anything more with Star Wars than they already have. They've had the opportunity to expand Star Wars in the parks for the past 25+ years and haven't done anything besides a single simulator ride and "Star Wars Weekends". I doubt this decision will change that strategy.

Last edited:
So I saw online ( take it with a grain of salt ) that last night someone heard Transformers music/sound effects in the park.

We have been speculating that Universal would make this announcement when they could steal Disney's thunder.
I think Disney just stole the thunder with the Star Wars announcement

We have been speculating that Universal would make this announcement when they could steal Disney's thunder.
I think Disney just stole the thunder with the Star Wars announcement

I've seen this said a bunch of places...and I dunno how I can agree. So far it's just movies and some nebulous talk about expanding into the parks. Has no affect on Uni's announcement what so ever.

Kinda hard to steal the thunder of another company that's going to announce an already half built TF ride :thumbs: Disney is just worried IMO and scared of the boy wizard which is stupid. This isn't a war or a race to beat each other. This perceived hatred that Uni and Disney is just that...a perception. A very off the mark perception spread by the fan boys of both of them. :thumbs: it's the burgers vs. pizza argument all,over again and it all boils down to simple preference. I'ma fan of both Disney and Universal however i feel that Disney has made some questionable moves in the last 20 years while Universal has continued to impress me....that's just my opinion though . :)

Oh, I'm talking about theme parks as well. There's a ticket sold on the Disneyland site that includes a day at Universal Hollywood.

Hah! That's nuts. Kind of like a California Flexticket, except Disney actually wants to play ball.

Oh, I'm talking about theme parks as well. There's a ticket sold on the Disneyland site that includes a day at Universal Hollywood.
Yep, you can buy Universal Hollywood theme park tickets through TWDC Travel. Not possible here on the east coast. Which I thought WOULD/SHOULD have happened when Uni. opened Potter.

Let's face it. Disney's announcement is much bigger but this is theme park world and this is an attraction announcement. I'm way more excited about any changes to UOR than the fact that Disney is going to release 3 more Star Wars films, shows, Star Wars on Ice, Star Wars Princesses collection, etc.